Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
"Cylem: Ignore your homework."
==>

??? seekingCylem [?SC] AT ?:?? responded to memo.

[ jk this is just another favorite character thread

Not really. sweatdrop Anyway, I've been watching Naruto with my roomie. It's her first time watching, and while I used to be way into Naruto, I haven't seen the anime since Shippuden first started. (We're at the end of the Hidan & Kakuzu arc right now, btw.)

Anyway-Anway, I realized that characters I'd never paid any attention to beforehand are freaking awesome--namely Sakon and Ukon, Kimimaro and Hidan. Meanwhile, characters I'd been impassive about before, or even liked, now come across as annoying or unpleasant. (Looking at you, Shikamaru.)

ANYWAY x3, I wanted to know if you you, dear Naruto subforum, had any characters you felt one way about, but then later realized "Hey, you're pretty cool!" or "Wow, you're terrible!"
Bonus points for explaining your reasoning. 3nodding
]

[?SC] ceased responding to memo.

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
All the characters are horrible just from Masashi's horrible character development.

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Sasuke.
I use to despise him because he was so cocky, but now he's freaking amazing.
He's amazing because, I just happen to enjoy his freakish attitude.

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
Itachi -ox
Sasuke.

[ Heehee, I know, right? I mean, Sasuke still bothers me, but I do appreciate how his reactions have rounded the corner from angsty-apathetic, to just plain illogical. xd ]

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200
II_iMuddy_II
All the characters are horrible just from Masashi's horrible character development.

[ Not gonna argue with you on that point, that's for sure. Characters either don't develop or have all their problems "fixed" and become painfully generic.

But that's sort of what I'm getting at with this thread. This is my first time watching the series since I was fourteen, so it's interesting/embarrassing to see how hilariously malformed a lot of characters and plot points actually are.
]
Well mine is opposite. I like Shikamaru but dislike Hidan, never really been impressed by him and just found him annoying. sweatdrop

Well anyways, I guess I would say Sakura. I used to dislike her at first, but she has shown that she has potential (it's just wasted at the moment). She isn't my favorite character and still think she needs to be less like Tsunade and more her own character (she is supposed to be good at genjutsu, why not show that?) and to get over Sasuke for good, but I sort of like her now.

I am also liking Darui more and more as well.

I still like my favorite characters and get new ones as they show, so not much has changed.

Timid Defender

9,200 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
seekingCylem
Itachi -ox
Sasuke.

[ Heehee, I know, right? I mean, Sasuke still bothers me, but I do appreciate how his reactions have rounded the corner from angsty-apathetic, to just plain illogical. xd ]

Ya, I did sort of liked him before but now I just love the guy, Yay for his crazzyness xd
Oh gosh. Felt that way about so many people.

I used to be in love with Naruto. Now I find him slightly annoying. neutral I hated Deidara for kidnapping Gaara at first, as well, but now I love him...

I HATED Gaara. I thought he was cool and all, but I HATED the way he acted towards Naruto. Now I love him, love love love him... he has such a sad past, and he almost obsesses over Naruto, which is kinda cute. XD

Sasuke. Hated him, always hated him. I make fun of him now, but I understand him a LOT more.

Hated the Akatsuki, period. Thought Sakura was kickass. I especially hated Itachi. Then I read about Itachi's past when it came out in the manga, and now I LOVE HIM so much, and I feel SO BAD for him... Sakura is useless. Great medical ninja and has a decent wit, but the only thing she's really done right is make that antidote for Sasori's poison.

Pein. Hated him, watching the series. Thought he was a p***k for doing that to everyone. Now I feel bad for him too, and love him.

Tobi, thought he was hilarious... nah, he's a p***k.

Was impassive about a lot of minor characters who I now love, like Hayate, Izumo, Kotetsu, Genma, etc...

Jiraiya used to creep me out. Now I miss him... he was awesome. sad

Honestly, when I first saw Sasori I was surprised as hell, & I also thought he was slightly attractive XD I was mainly impassive with him though, and now him and Deidara are my favorite characters. XD

One more thing. I used to support NaruSaku... Hell no. I also supported NaruHina... it would make more sense than NaruSaku, but still, no.

Never payed attention to TenTen. Didn't know who she was the first time watching the series because I'd always forget. Wasn't until the end of Part 1 that I noticed her and learned her name and crap. XD

I wrote a novel, I know, sorry!

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

II_iMuddy_II

The only character I genuinely like is Itachi, and I'm not too fond of the way he's being portrayed lately... neutral

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
xx Cookie-Boots xx
II_iMuddy_II

The only character I genuinely like is Itachi, and I'm not too fond of the way he's being portrayed lately... neutral

I used to like Itachi before all the revelation about his past. Now, he's boring.
Good has now gone bad. I am totally being hypocritical, as I still like Gaara. Gaara is being as boring as ******** through. I want psycho back through.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

II_iMuddy_II
xx Cookie-Boots xx
II_iMuddy_II

I used to like Itachi before all the revelation about his past. Now, he's boring.
Good has now gone bad. I am totally being hypocritical, as I still like Gaara. Gaara is being as boring as ******** through. I want psycho back through.

Really? I thought he was rather generic before the reveal.
Morality twists (a bad guy turning out to be good and vice versa) are my absolute favorite.
I just don't think he should have come back to life and had his character derailed. ._.

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
xx Cookie-Boots xx
II_iMuddy_II
xx Cookie-Boots xx
II_iMuddy_II

Morality twists (a bad guy turning out to be good and vice versa) are my absolute favorite.
I just don't think he should have come back to life and had his character derailed. ._.

I dislike morality twists, with a few exceptions. Zuko..
Actually, I felt that no one should be revived. >.> Especially not the Akatsuki members because they all ******** suck now.

Youkai Moe's Waifu

Cat

II_iMuddy_II
xx Cookie-Boots xx
II_iMuddy_II
xx Cookie-Boots xx
II_iMuddy_II

I dislike morality twists, with a few exceptions. Zuko..
Actually, I felt that no one should be revived. >.> Especially not the Akatsuki members because they all ******** suck now.

Zuko's not a morality twist; he's a bad character that turned good. That's a Heel-Face Turn. I'm talking about good characters that had an evil agenda all along and vice versa.
Ugh, yes. -____-

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
-Sakura, didn't like her at first & she's grown on me so much.
-Hinata, used to really like her now I can't stand her.
-Sasuke, I'm up & down with him. At first I liked him, then disliked him & now I like him again.

Quotable Genius

Lee bugged the crap out of me the entire original Naruto series.

Then he got drunk and now he's super awesome.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff