Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
X_of_Pentacles
I suppose I'm one of the minority that took Japanese cultural traditions into the equations? Wasn't it just 10 years ago that female children could finally inherit property from their parents?

Sasuke could have been a rapist; she'd still be tainted goods. Kishimoto also grew up in an era that was ruled by Sexism and traditional roles Women get married first; jobs come second. The article I linked is from June 2014. A male politician that's been called 'feminine' is calling for 35,000 women to enter the workforce because the economy was going south. It's been 4 months at least, but I doubt he'd find his request wholly fulfilled by now. I had every expectation that Naruto would end like it did. Kishimoto's learned social norms would dictate it.
I was just about to comment on something like this but you beat me to it. Congrats biggrin
Minato Sensei
To be perfectly honest, this is a total WTF moment for me.

That is the most sexist thing I have ever heard. If a woman gives up on a man that's a total ******** bi-polar psychopath, then it proves she has common sense.

Sakura could have been happier with someone like Naruto or Lee who have done nothing but treated her like a queen. They've loved her unconditionally, and it's sad that Lee's feelings were merely overlooked after they grew up.

I wasn't 100% okay with SasuSaku and had a few doubts, but this just makes me so angry on so many levels now.

Kishimoto basically contradicted himself, saying Sakura would be a horrible woman if she just changed her mind about loving Sasuke.
Then since Naruto got with Hinata and got over Sakura, does that make him a horrible man?

I really question this man's logic.

After over 400 chapters of bullshit, now you start questioning this man's logic?

3,975 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Protonig
Minato Sensei

That is the most sexist thing I have ever heard. If a woman gives up on a man that's a total ******** bi-polar psychopath, then it proves she has common sense.

Sakura could have been happier with someone like Naruto or Lee who have done nothing but treated her like a queen. They've loved her unconditionally, and it's sad that Lee's feelings were merely overlooked after they grew up.

I wasn't 100% okay with SasuSaku and had a few doubts, but this just makes me so angry on so many levels now.

Kishimoto basically contradicted himself, saying Sakura would be a horrible woman if she just changed her mind about loving Sasuke.
Then since Naruto got with Hinata and got over Sakura, does that make him a horrible man?

After over 400 chapters of bullshit, now you start questioning this man's logic?

This.

Chimero-wan's Waifu

Bashful Shoujo

9,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Timid 100
Protonig
Minato Sensei

The minute I started even keeping up with Naruto, I questioned his logic.
I was actually really supportive of SasuSaku because it doesn't seem as horrible as people make it out to be, but Sasuke's bi-polar attitude is what made everything confusing. He just magically falls in love with a girl who he constantly considered to be 'annoying'.
I'm not going to lie, I loved the idea of them being together. But the way it happened made me like the ship a whole lot less. And that b***h of an Uchiha is barely even home after 10 years of being with Sakura, and having a kid with her nonetheless.

Then Kishimoto says something like this, and it's confusing and sounds really sexist.
700 chapters later, and I still want to punch him in the face. sad
Minato Sensei
Protonig
Minato Sensei

The minute I started even keeping up with Naruto, I questioned his logic.
I was actually really supportive of SasuSaku because it doesn't seem as horrible as people make it out to be, but Sasuke's bi-polar attitude is what made everything confusing. He just magically falls in love with a girl who he constantly considered to be 'annoying'.
I'm not going to lie, I loved the idea of them being together. But the way it happened made me like the ship a whole lot less. And that b***h of an Uchiha is barely even home after 10 years of being with Sakura, and having a kid with her nonetheless.

Then Kishimoto says something like this, and it's confusing and sounds really sexist.
700 chapters later, and I still want to punch him in the face. sad

I'm about to get ready for work, so my response might seem a bit rushed. Basically, I've come to believe that Kishimoto is a bit sexist in general when it comes to female fictional characters anyway. Any promising female character quickly takes up room as a bench warmer. Let's have a few examples:

Tayuya- She looked rather promising near the beginning. Rude, smart mouthed, and a rather interesting technique to boot. What happened to her? Killed in one shot.

Temari- Surprisingly enough she has it the least worst out of all the female characters, but like every other female character, she gets quickly overshadowed by most of the male characters. Hell, even Konohamaru.

Tsunade- Relatively badass. Nice healing powers that she uses offensively as well as to support allies. Of course when surrounded by the rest of the kage she takes the backseat rather quickly this is embarrasingly evident during the war arc, when she's more or less the raikage's b***h. Also, doesn't help that she gets quickly overshadowed by any character with a p***s.

Sakura- Holy ********. I could write an entire thesis research paper on this type of behavior and mindset alone and I simply don't have time for this.

I'd list more examples, but that's the gist of it. Also, I've heard kishimoto claims to be terrible at writing female characters, but that makes even less sense to anyone who's at least vaguely familiar with writing and creating a character. A writer doesn't focus on the gender, but focuses on the character and what composes them as a person.

-Shady Mooo-'s Husband

Sexy Marshmallow

21,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
So basically if a guy tries to kill you, shows you no love or understanding, can be everywhere BUT where you are, won't admit he likes you, is more happy ignoring your very existence and would rather put his time towards revenge and his own little team then try and make even an ounce of time with you then that means husband material!? Seriously Sakura, you suck!

Seriously, Sakura is a ******** whipped b***h! I know there is sexism in Japan still and everything but good god! This just seems 10 steps back for woman everywhere! I know he regretted making Sakura once she was already out there in his Manga but the way she was basically a love sick puppy dog around him was bad enough! Then having her basically STILL love him after EVERYTHING he did to her (and others) just screams how much Sakura would be more then happy to be beaten by Sasuke just so she can stay with him and love him etc.

So in other words, I can see this happening:

Sakura and child in kitchen making rice balls together when Sasuke comes home pissed

Salade (yeah, I know it isn't salad, go with it): *Runs out to greet Daddy* Daddy! Welcome home, I have missed you!

Sasuke: *pushes the child away a little harder then he probably should and makes the kid cry*

Sakura: *runs over to make sure child is alright* Sasuke, that is horrible! You don't do that to your child!

Sasuke: *Says in a montone bored voice* is dinner ready?

Sakura: No it isn't.

Sasuke: *slaps her* what have I told you about dinner when I get home!?

Sakura: *now crying* I am sorry, Sasuk, we have been busy today.

Sasuke: Get to the kitchen and make it!

Sakura: Y...yes, Sasuke, of course *gets up and ushers her daughter out to kitchen with her*

Salade: M...mommy, why is daddy upset? And why don't you fight him? You are strong.

Sakura: Because sweetheart, whilst I am strong he is still stronger then I am and...and I love him, it is just easier to do as he says, it may be horrible but I can't turn my back on the man that I have loved ever since I was a little girl.

Seriously!? She is going to be ******** killed, yeah I know, he has already tried to kill her, but still, one day he WILL do it, he may have promised he has changed etc but this is the guy who spent years wanting to kill his brother for killing his family and clan, he also spent time killing others, I know, ninja work, whatever, but he is a loose canon! Who is to say he won't snap and just basically make Sakura a 'kept wife' and just use her as a punching bag!?

Sorry but he may say he has changed but get this idiot pumped up and angered and I can easily see him snapping, he isn't a guy you would WANT to be around, especially when he has tried to kill you before but hey, what do i know? Sakura seems to like being an assholes b***h so why not let them go? It is wrong to treat woman this way but then this IS Japan so I guess this is just normal? Sexism at its finest?

Bashful Bear

8,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Itachi -ox
SS_ShitStorm
Minato Sensei

Kishimoto loves Sasuke so ******** much that the very idea of someone getting over him fills him with disgust. Therefore Sakura would have been a s**t human being if she loved someone else.

No one will ever love anyone as much as Kishi loves Sasuke. KishiSasu was true endgame.

Maybe Kishimoto made those comments because he truly believes himself to be Sakura. Maybe he made Sakura to be him so that Sakura, aka "him", could be with Sasuke. My conclusion, Sakura is a Kishimoto reincarnation hybrid creature designed in Kishimoto's "emotional" image.
..So what you're saying is.. Kishimoto is as useless as Sakura other than trying to heal wounds (which seems like it's the opposite to Kishimoto, but probably not in his mind)

Aged Sex Symbol

Szitiv Vulki
Itachi -ox
SS_ShitStorm
Minato Sensei

Kishimoto loves Sasuke so ******** much that the very idea of someone getting over him fills him with disgust. Therefore Sakura would have been a s**t human being if she loved someone else.

No one will ever love anyone as much as Kishi loves Sasuke. KishiSasu was true endgame.

Maybe Kishimoto made those comments because he truly believes himself to be Sakura. Maybe he made Sakura to be him so that Sakura, aka "him", could be with Sasuke. My conclusion, Sakura is a Kishimoto reincarnation hybrid creature designed in Kishimoto's "emotional" image.
..So what you're saying is.. Kishimoto is as useless as Sakura other than trying to heal wounds (which seems like it's the opposite to Kishimoto, but probably not in his mind)

Sakura is Kishimoto's author avatar. He used her to express his feelings of worthlessness. Sasuke represents the series Naruto. Kishimoto feels the series has consumed a great portion of his life and has kept him from his children, but at the same time it was his magnum opus and he couldn't tear himself from his work. This is why Sasuke treats Sakura like s**t but she still stays with him. She never had the strength to move on from him, and neither did Kishimoto.

Naruto represented Kishimoto's children. He didn't return their affections on the scale they deserved, but they never stopped loving him. Eventually they gave up and accepted a big-tittied stalker dad as a consolation prize.

Shtruglotz's Husband

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
At this point Naruto/sasuke would've been a way better end game pairing

but thats none of my business

Friendly Animal

9,425 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
You people really need to seriously get the hell over it. I'm starting to believe that majority of yall only watched Naruto to see who hes going to be with.Y'all say Naruto is bullshit you waited to the end to start saying that? Over 600 chapters you're telling me it's bullshit because over a pairing? and for the ones that doesn't like the ending due to other stuff that was left out stfu this has nothing to do with you so don't comment here. Also you people that thought Naruto was bullshit from the start/middle WHY JUST WHY the fk were you still reading it then? The writer can decide whatever the fk he wants with HIS anime the hell acting like a big dumb baby and childish over it won't make him change it.. Last time I read it said written by Masashi Kishimoto not by ___________ (your name here) but like that said everything good thing has haters.
Eat A Snickers
You people really need to seriously get the hell over it. I'm starting to believe that majority of yall only watched Naruto to see who hes going to be with.Y'all say Naruto is bullshit you waited to the end to start saying that? Over 600 chapters you're telling me it's bullshit because over a pairing? and for the ones that doesn't like the ending due to other stuff that was left out stfu this has nothing to do with you so don't comment here. Also you people that thought Naruto was bullshit from the start/middle WHY JUST WHY the fk were you still reading it then? The writer can decide whatever the fk he wants with HIS anime the hell acting like a big dumb baby and childish over it won't make him change it.. Last time I read it said written by Masashi Kishimoto not by ___________ (your name here) but like that said everything good thing has haters.

To be frank, shipping is a prime interest of people because stories are based usually around character interaction and development. People like to see who would've ended up with who. But all the same, readers have every right to find fault in the writing based on endgame pairings because since the story developed around character interaction, nonsensical pairings with not much interaction or bad relations ending up together makes the story lose sense that it's built up.

People can still like a series but criticize particular scenes/arcs. Just because someone points out a fault doesn't mean they think the series is "bullshit"-- that's being oversensitive and over-exaggerating someone's disappointment. As for me, I felt that after Shippuden, things got a little everywhere. Too many characters to manage, too many character perspectives switching around, to the point where many prime characters in the chunin exams arc were completely tossed to the background. Such as a lot of characters that were important to main character development, i.e. Ino and Rock Lee to Sakura's gradual maturation. It was messy, and the ending was very messily done. But in the end the manga/anime still holds some of the most memorable moments of fiction for me. I would've liked if he left all pairing ideas open-ended, though; something that could please all fans.

But, anyway. Tbh, your comment is trying to make criticism void, which doesn't make sense when this is a discussion forum going over Kishimoto's ideas for his endgame. Critique from readers helps improvement for writers/artists and discussion between readers helps discover different perspectives.

Friendly Animal

9,425 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
pltrgstpatch
Eat A Snickers

To be frank, shipping is a prime interest of people because stories are based usually around character interaction and development. People like to see who would've ended up with who. But all the same, readers have every right to find fault in the writing based on endgame pairings because since the story developed around character interaction, nonsensical pairings with not much interaction or bad relations ending up together makes the story lose sense that it's built up.

People can still like a series but criticize particular scenes/arcs. Just because someone points out a fault doesn't mean they think the series is "bullshit"-- that's being oversensitive and over-exaggerating someone's disappointment. As for me, I felt that after Shippuden, things got a little everywhere. Too many characters to manage, too many character perspectives switching around, to the point where many prime characters in the chunin exams arc were completely tossed to the background. Such as a lot of characters that were important to main character development, i.e. Ino and Rock Lee to Sakura's gradual maturation. It was messy, and the ending was very messily done. But in the end the manga/anime still holds some of the most memorable moments of fiction for me. I would've liked if he left all pairing ideas open-ended, though; something that could please all fans.

But, anyway. Tbh, your comment is trying to make criticism void, which doesn't make sense when this is a discussion forum going over Kishimoto's ideas for his endgame. Critique from readers helps improvement for writers/artists and discussion between readers helps discover different perspectives.

Dude it's just manga...
I don't see how it is "bad pairing" just because Naruto didn't end up with Sakura,for your information sir,no matter what you do in life you cannot please everybody..so what? he wanted to keep y'all guessing/wonderful that's the big deal about it? Y'all acting like this is real life...I'm not saying haters can't dislike the ending I'm saying stop making such a big deal about it and accept it because it's not CHANGING been on it for weeks...

You must felt very offended by what I said sense you had to write an whole paragraph what I hardly read...

Friendly Animal

9,425 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I mean like yes I understand y'all are disappointed about pairings I do,if it was the other way around I would be upset but I wouldn't make a big deal out of it saying it's crap and bullsh*t etc i'll just be like oh well didn't turn out the way I wanted but i'll just have to accept it.

Chimero-wan's Waifu

Bashful Shoujo

9,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Timid 100
Kitty Bear Chama
Not so much. I would have loved to see more of her and Tenten but Kishimoto just didn't write enough of either (despite him saying Tenten was his favorite of all the girls). Sakura had more potential and you're right about her feelings for Sasuke hindering her true potential but Kishimoto wrote it that way.

LMFAO, Wait.
It's kind of hard to believe that Tenten is actually his favorite female, since she had practically little to no screen time whatsoever in the entire series.
YET, Sasuke is his favorite male character and pretty much had the most developement, had 3054020201 outfit changes, and pretty much had more screen time than Naruto himself. neutral

Kishimoto apparently has something against female characters since it's really not all that difficult to write a decent female character.

Chimero-wan's Waifu

Bashful Shoujo

9,825 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Timid 100
Eat A Snickers
pltrgstpatch
Eat A Snickers

Dude it's just manga...
I don't see how it is "bad pairing" just because Naruto didn't end up with Sakura,for your information sir,no matter what you do in life you cannot please everybody..so what? he wanted to keep y'all guessing/wonderful that's the big deal about it? Y'all acting like this is real life...I'm not saying haters can't dislike the ending I'm saying stop making such a big deal about it and accept it because it's not CHANGING been on it for weeks...

You must felt very offended by what I said sense you had to write an whole paragraph what I hardly read...

You have witnessed the creature known as a
''Butthurt NaruSaku fan''
Honestly, I wasn't too happy about the ending since the shipping went everywhere when some characters were better left alone.... but it's better than Kishimoto not ending it at all. It could have been worst.
It's still so amusing to see how angry other people were over the ending. I mean, if the series became shitty, then why continue reading it?
Even if Kishimoto messed up in a few areas, I still don't regret ever getting into the series. lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff