Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The more shippuuden progresses, the more I hate it. One point in particular is the DARKNESS theme. Ok sure, i can understand someone wanting complex villians and trying to break away from the "I'M EVIL BECAUSE I CAN BE" cliche. But the way Kishimoto does it is almost just as bad.

I guess you can say the whole darkness thing began after Itachi died, and almost every time we saw sasuke it was darkness this, or HATRED that, its like he treats it like some weird reverse "force" deal. And with Sasuke being a main focal point almost every time he's mention, they have to mention how the "DARKNESS" inside of him is growing stronger.

Now Naruto has been infected the DARKNESS, as in the recent chapter he is confronted with his own DARKNESS.

Honestly Kishimoto, can you break away from this, it's getting annoying.
Personally I like it more and more. The old Naruto could get pretty boring at times and this makes it more interesting and gives it more of a story then just random fighting.

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Bitter_Medicine
Personally I like it more and more. The old Naruto could get pretty boring at times and this makes it more interesting and gives it more of a story then just random fighting.

I just wished they had stuck with arc similar to zabuza and haku, no darkness, they weren't even evil, they were just doing what they told. because in the end ninjas are only tools of war. To me they were the most fleshed out villians in the entire series.

Pein, itachi and sasuke were DARKNESS villians, while the rest have only been evil for the sake of being evil.
I think that darkness is just used as a metaphor to show just how twisted Sasuke is becoming, by letting hatred consume him. Insanity, really. And the dark naruto thing? I don't really think that's going to be that big. Naruto will beat him, and it'l be over with. The other character villains who weren't "dark" weren't as twisted as Sasuke. Well, that's arguable, but I think I made some sort of point.
i sorta agree
LonelyxSky
I think that darkness is just used as a metaphor to show just how twisted Sasuke is becoming, by letting hatred consume him. Insanity, really. And the dark naruto thing? I don't really think that's going to be that big. Naruto will beat him, and it'l be over with. The other character villains who weren't "dark" weren't as twisted as Sasuke. Well, that's arguable, but I think I made some sort of point.

Yeah, I think it's to show what darkness does to someone when they let it consume them.

9,400 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
amigobear v3
The more shippuuden progresses, the more I hate it. One point in particular is the DARKNESS theme. Ok sure, i can understand someone wanting complex villians and trying to break away from the "I'M EVIL BECAUSE I CAN BE" cliche. But the way Kishimoto does it is almost just as bad.

I guess you can say the whole darkness thing began after Itachi died, and almost every time we saw sasuke it was darkness this, or HATRED that, its like he treats it like some weird reverse "force" deal. And with Sasuke being a main focal point almost every time he's mention, they have to mention how the "DARKNESS" inside of him is growing stronger.

Now Naruto has been infected the DARKNESS, as in the recent chapter he is confronted with his own DARKNESS.

User Image
Every series has repeat aspects somewhere. All you have to do is look more and more vaguely.

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Bitter_Medicine
LonelyxSky

Yeah, I think it's to show what darkness does to someone when they let it consume them.

But darkness is subjective, and really goes into what is defined as right and wrong.

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
II Yami Bakura II
amigobear v3

User Image
Every series has repeat aspects somewhere. All you have to do is look more and more vaguely.

I just hate the fact it's pointed out in almost every chapter.

9,400 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
amigobear v3
II Yami Bakura II
amigobear v3

User Image

I just hate the fact it's pointed out in almost every chapter.
User Image
Yeah, I hate that as well lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas