Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur
fancynancy11
Yes Sequitur
Hinata is useless.

......Prove it. stare

I fail to see how someone who was able to get her team to the center of the tower first during the Chunin exams, who fought well enough with her cousin( who is said to be a genius btw ) and has been wiling to risk her life twice to save others can be considered "useless".

I can defend Hinata almost as good as I can defend Sakura. ( I know more about Sakura..) but I can still stand up for Hinata too. emotion_yatta

....come on now. Hinata is USEFUL.

They are all useful in some way. they are ninja, each with skills that are useful in different areas. Hinata is a skilled tracker. Sakura is a skilled Healer. Ino is a skilled Senser. ( ditto for Kiba and Shino.) .....idk... the list goes on and on... neutral

But I'm not so good at this debate stuff....but I'll try to defend her( and others) the best that I can. emotion_dealwithit

Neji wanted to show how useless it was for Hinata to keep going as a ninja so he prolonged the fight. Hinata's team members are useless all together. Maybe not Shino, but he has his whole family to replace him. So when she helped them in the chunin exam, it was nothing really. You can't use that argument with people Neji, Shikamaru, Ino and Choji because they're amongst the best in their respecitve families. But Hinata isn't that great of a fighter, she's just the daughter of the leader of the main branch of the Hyuga family. Hinata's only a "skilled" tracker because she has byakugan.

The Hyuga family is elite, unrivaled, Konoha's strongest ninja family and most effective asset. But Hinata's just an average fighter amongst the Rookie 9. This shows that she doesn't live up to her family name.

I'll throw you a bone. The only person who isn't useless in Team Kurenai is Kiba because he can smell better than a dog. But that's it, and my initial point stays clear. Hinata is useless.

and while you throw useless around though, do care to remember that useless would be a character who literally doesn't do anything at all, and doesn't even exist. a character can be useful in more than a few ways. such as plot development ect. ect. and hinata has done plenty of that.

The topic was how Hinata was useless. Of course I would use the word since the context was appropriate. Hinata's influence on the development of the series is not relevant. When you're referring to a character in a story, if it be a movie, novel or comic book, you talk about his/her relevance to the main conflict and story. Everybody has a part in the development, but its topic that concerns "usefulness". Hinata has never beaten an enemy that was a big problem to everyone around her. All she has done to help her team always had an alternative. For ******** sakes, Konoha closed their ties with Kumogakure because of Hinata. Things would have been better if she was never alive honestly. The only reason her character exists is so that naruto has someone who loves him and to have a "kawaii" character to attract more audience into that bullshit.

And a series doesn't have tp be all about beating the s**t out of people to progress. If you notice, it takes Naruto's friends to help him out. But that is your opinion, although Hinata's development on the series is relevant. How else would Naruto would have got himself back in gear with out a slap to the face and a few words? If it wasn't Hinata, it would be a different character. And that character would be useful to the plot so that Naruto is doing what we intend for him to.

Truly, it would have been interesting to see Naruto join Obito and Madara. Naruto's awesome but its true that he's hard headed sometimes. Honestly I think the story would have been more exciting to see Naruto switch his entire game. But anyways, everybody was thinking what Hinata was thinking at that time really, everyone wasn't surprised but agreed with her. She was the first, somebody else would have snapped Naruto to his senses anyways. Every accomplishment that Hinata has done for anyone could have been replaced by somebody else.

Also, a series CAN be about beating the s**t out of people to progress. Dragon Ball Z was all about that and that was a heavy influence on Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and almost every other mainstream anime that is currently on progress. I explained why I don't like Hinata (obviously), I just want to know, why do you like Hinata so much?

IRL Friend

Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur

Neji wanted to show how useless it was for Hinata to keep going as a ninja so he prolonged the fight. Hinata's team members are useless all together. Maybe not Shino, but he has his whole family to replace him. So when she helped them in the chunin exam, it was nothing really. You can't use that argument with people Neji, Shikamaru, Ino and Choji because they're amongst the best in their respecitve families. But Hinata isn't that great of a fighter, she's just the daughter of the leader of the main branch of the Hyuga family. Hinata's only a "skilled" tracker because she has byakugan.

The Hyuga family is elite, unrivaled, Konoha's strongest ninja family and most effective asset. But Hinata's just an average fighter amongst the Rookie 9. This shows that she doesn't live up to her family name.

I'll throw you a bone. The only person who isn't useless in Team Kurenai is Kiba because he can smell better than a dog. But that's it, and my initial point stays clear. Hinata is useless.

and while you throw useless around though, do care to remember that useless would be a character who literally doesn't do anything at all, and doesn't even exist. a character can be useful in more than a few ways. such as plot development ect. ect. and hinata has done plenty of that.

The topic was how Hinata was useless. Of course I would use the word since the context was appropriate. Hinata's influence on the development of the series is not relevant. When you're referring to a character in a story, if it be a movie, novel or comic book, you talk about his/her relevance to the main conflict and story. Everybody has a part in the development, but its topic that concerns "usefulness". Hinata has never beaten an enemy that was a big problem to everyone around her. All she has done to help her team always had an alternative. For ******** sakes, Konoha closed their ties with Kumogakure because of Hinata. Things would have been better if she was never alive honestly. The only reason her character exists is so that naruto has someone who loves him and to have a "kawaii" character to attract more audience into that bullshit.

And a series doesn't have tp be all about beating the s**t out of people to progress. If you notice, it takes Naruto's friends to help him out. But that is your opinion, although Hinata's development on the series is relevant. How else would Naruto would have got himself back in gear with out a slap to the face and a few words? If it wasn't Hinata, it would be a different character. And that character would be useful to the plot so that Naruto is doing what we intend for him to.

Truly, it would have been interesting to see Naruto join Obito and Madara. Naruto's awesome but its true that he's hard headed sometimes. Honestly I think the story would have been more exciting to see Naruto switch his entire game. But anyways, everybody was thinking what Hinata was thinking at that time really, everyone wasn't surprised but agreed with her. She was the first, somebody else would have snapped Naruto to his senses anyways. Every accomplishment that Hinata has done for anyone could have been replaced by somebody else.

Also, a series CAN be about beating the s**t out of people to progress. Dragon Ball Z was all about that and that was a heavy influence on Naruto, Bleach, One Piece and almost every other mainstream anime that is currently on progress. I explained why I don't like Hinata (obviously), I just want to know, why do you like Hinata so much?

Lol ok.

Heavily influenced but not used all the time though- that's the thing.

I like her because, like other people, I can relate to her. I think if Naruto was just turned to a** kickery, there might not be many girl fans. (Idk.). I like to see someone who can protect others they care for even when being told to stay down.

Now if I wanted to read a manga for just blood and guts I'd read Berserk.
luzhikari
Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur
fancynancy11
Yes Sequitur
Hinata is useless.

......Prove it. stare

I fail to see how someone who was able to get her team to the center of the tower first during the Chunin exams, who fought well enough with her cousin( who is said to be a genius btw ) and has been wiling to risk her life twice to save others can be considered "useless".

I can defend Hinata almost as good as I can defend Sakura. ( I know more about Sakura..) but I can still stand up for Hinata too. emotion_yatta

They are all useful in some way. they are ninja, each with skills that are useful in different areas. Hinata is a skilled tracker. Sakura is a skilled Healer. Ino is a skilled Senser. ( ditto for Kiba and Shino.) .....idk... the list goes on and on... neutral

But I'm not so good at this debate stuff....but I'll try to defend her( and others) the best that I can. emotion_dealwithit

not to be rude but I need to know if you write or read stories cause right now if you do, your not showing it. you are actually saying that for a character to be relevant in a story they need to be able to beat up a bad a** villain? wrong. Sure Hinata has never beaten a super important villain but she has help the main protagonist and others when they need it. Not everyone can be super bad a** and be all " I whoop your a**", for that, there's Naruto that does the impossible when villains are concern.

All the times that Hinata has been showned she does what she specializes in, Tracking. Hinata is not suppose to be a powerful character, she's suppose to be a support, again I repeat, not all characters need to be super badass and be able to beat a super villain to be considered useful and part of the development. if all character did that, it would be monotone and it would honestly remind me of another DB.Hinata is the character that wants to make her clan proud but can't keep up with the hight criteria that her family expect, because of this she's insecure, shy and works hard on getting stronger and not be look down to her has a fail Hyuga. That Hinata is the love interest of the protagonist, yeah she is, That she's an average Hyuga? yes she is, just because Neji was a prodigy doesn't mean that Hinata needs to be, why would you need that? would you like 2 characters that are prodigies and practically do the same thing? I don't think so.that she's suppost to be the cute character? yeah. that people like her for it and that kishimoto made her like that? all artist do it, thats why there are different characters with different personalities. As a ninja her usefulness falls in being the eyes of the tracking team, defender and the one that neutralizes the subject when capture, plus in the story she has been able to encourage and help Naruto when he most needed support. Kiba is the one that uses scents to follow trials and guide their team to the subject, plus he's also the offense on the team. Shino is the senser of the group, keep tap on the subject if it's gives a chase and a support for Kiba if he needs it. this team was use before to track sasuke since that's their specialty, Konoha doesn't need another offense team, they got team Gai for that.

I'm not gonna read that because its waste of time. Hinata's useless because she was never a special help. Every accomplishment she's done for anyone could have easily been replaced by someone else sometime. Shikmaru's not strong fighter because he's an incredibly intelligent one and nobody can take his place. Choji is one of the strongest akimichi clan members and the next head of his family. Ino is in the same position as Choji. Kiba has the best sense of smell than anybody in the whole ninja world and I'm not exaggerating. I don't see how Shino is that special, idk him much. Sakura is a disciple of one of the three legendary sannin and a highly proficient medical ninja who's skill surpasses the average medical jonin. Sasuke needs no explanation, neither does Naruto. Hinata is just the daughter of the head of the family. As a fighter, she's an average hyuga clan member.

You CAN have two prodigies in a story. Death Note had geniuses everywhere and that show was a big thriller.
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur

Lol ok.

Heavily influenced but not used all the time though- that's the thing.

I like her because, like other people, I can relate to her. I think if Naruto was just turned to a** kickery, there might not be many girl fans. (Idk.). I like to see someone who can protect others they care for even when being told to stay down.

Now if I wanted to read a manga for just blood and guts I'd read Berserk.

Heavily influenced but not used all the time? I don't get that.

You like her because you can relate, not because of her significance. The reason why I dislike her was because she was insignificant.

You see why you can't win this now?
fancynancy11
Yes Sequitur
fancynancy11
Yes Sequitur
Hinata is useless.

......Prove it. stare

well you just said that Hinata helped them in the Chunnin exams. so....that's quite a contradiction if your trying to say she is "useless" clearly she isn't. yes she is weak, but then so are many characters when you compare them like that.
Kiba is a great character, but compared to one of the main fighters he doesn't shine as well. to me....Hinata is still useful... maybe just not in the way that you want her to be.

also, part of her development is that she wasn't tough at first, hence character development. she is much better then she used to be. or she won't have become a Chunin in the first place! ( like the rest of the Rookies with a few skiping and going right to Jounin...like Neji. )

anyway, so that's what I have to say to that....bleh...I knew I would suck at this... sweatdrop

Didn't you read what I said? I was deliberating. Yes Hinata helped, but it wasn't that special, Kiba could have done her job better.

In this anime, characters don't have to be great fighters to be significant, his sense of smell is unrivaled everywhere. That's a rare and valuable asset that nobody can replace. Hinata has no ability or anything that stands out that can be critically beneficial to anybody. Unlike Everyone else, she's completely replaceable.

IRL Friend

Quote:

You like her because you can relate, not because of her significance. The reason why I dislike her was because she was insignificant.

What I mean is that fighting isn't used all the time when it comes to even Naruto or other mangas. A plot can be moved by more ways than one.

It does make her significant if I like her because I can relate to her. smile Good for you!

I don't debate to win anything. I debate to discuss opinions with people. Not sure what contest you are playing though.
fancynancy11
luzhikari
Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur

not to be rude but I need to know if you write or read stories cause right now if you do, your not showing it. you are actually saying that for a character to be relevant in a story they need to be able to beat up a bad a** villain? wrong. Sure Hinata has never beaten a super important villain but she has help the main protagonist and others when they need it. Not everyone can be super bad a** and be all " I whoop your a**", for that, there's Naruto that does the impossible when villains are concern.

All the times that Hinata has been showned she does what she specializes in, Tracking. Hinata is not suppose to be a powerful character, she's suppose to be a support, again I repeat, not all characters need to be super badass and be able to beat a super villain to be considered useful and part of the development. if all character did that, it would be monotone and it would honestly remind me of another DB.Hinata is the character that wants to make her clan proud but can't keep up with the hight criteria that her family expect, because of this she's insecure, shy and works hard on getting stronger and not be look down to her has a fail Hyuga. That Hinata is the love interest of the protagonist, yeah she is, That she's an average Hyuga? yes she is, just because Neji was a prodigy doesn't mean that Hinata needs to be, why would you need that? would you like 2 characters that are prodigies and practically do the same thing? I don't think so.that she's suppost to be the cute character? yeah. that people like her for it and that kishimoto made her like that? all artist do it, thats why there are different characters with different personalities. As a ninja her usefulness falls in being the eyes of the tracking team, defender and the one that neutralizes the subject when capture, plus in the story she has been able to encourage and help Naruto when he most needed support. Kiba is the one that uses scents to follow trials and guide their team to the subject, plus he's also the offense on the team. Shino is the senser of the group, keep tap on the subject if it's gives a chase and a support for Kiba if he needs it. this team was use before to track sasuke since that's their specialty, Konoha doesn't need another offense team, they got team Gai for that.

This is the only part of what you said I disagree with. Naruto doesn't love Hinata, he loves Sakura. sweatdrop

it's better to say....Naruto is HINATA'S love interest. not the other way around...being that he doesn't blush or flirt with Hinata whatsoever. sweatdrop

Sorry....it drives me nuts when people forgot Sakura..It's a pet peeve of mine..

This love s**t is soooooo gay.
Chasmosaurus
Quote:

What I mean is that fighting isn't used all the time when it comes to even Naruto or other mangas. A plot can be moved by more ways than one.

It does make her significant if I like her because I can relate to her. smile Good for you!

I don't debate to win anything. I debate to discuss opinions with people. Not sure what contest you are playing though.

DBZ influenced the fighting that's sure. There was never an anime before DBZ that showed two human looking characters that could fight for hours and hours and bring colossal damage to the battlefield and each other. It was breath-taking to watch two simple looking people to have so much strength for the first time. DBZ is one of the most influential anime ever. Its certain Madara wouldn't be as strong as he is if it wasn't for DBZ, and that gave some background to the story.

Ok, it makes her significant to YOU uniquely I guess and people like you, but not globally and story-wise. And I'm not gonna explain again what "contest" I'm "playing" because I'm pretty sure I made that very clear.

Bright Star

13,800 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
Yes Sequitur
luzhikari
Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur

I'm not gonna read that because its waste of time. Hinata's useless because she was never a special help. Every accomplishment she's done for anyone could have easily been replaced by someone else sometime. Shikmaru's not strong fighter because he's an incredibly intelligent one and nobody can take his place. Choji is one of the strongest akimichi clan members and the next head of his family. Ino is in the same position as Choji. Kiba has the best sense of smell than anybody in the whole ninja world and I'm not exaggerating. I don't see how Shino is that special, idk him much. Sakura is a disciple of one of the three legendary sannin and a highly proficient medical ninja who's skill surpasses the average medical jonin. Sasuke needs no explanation, neither does Naruto. Hinata is just the daughter of the head of the family. As a fighter, she's an average hyuga clan member.

You CAN have two prodigies in a story. Death Note had geniuses everywhere and that show was a big thriller.
well then I guess I will leave your case alone cause I can see that you only see usefulness when a character is either OP or needs to make something over drastic. In other words we see the usefulness in a character differently.

and in Death Note's case it isnt the same L and Light. Yes both of them were genius but one was good while the other one was the bad guy. it was a fight between 2 genius, one to find Kira and not let him continue killing and the other to outsmart the good genius and draw a checkmate, it was a game of cat and mouse, that was the thriller, who would get the upper hand in the situation. If Hinata and Neji were both genius from the Hyuga clan, with the same abilities and they are both on the good team the competition would be between each other to what? surpass each other? I'm sorry but the story doesn't focus on them there would be no point cause the competition with each other wouldn't be showed at all and the times that would be most probably would leave some fans thinking "this is irrelevant to the story-line". So yeah, 2 genius from the same clan, abilities and on the good side when they are not the main focus i believe it's not a good idea.
luzhikari
Yes Sequitur
luzhikari
Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur

well then I guess I will leave your case alone cause I can see that you only see usefulness when a character is either OP or needs to make something over drastic. In other words we see the usefulness in a character differently.

and in Death Note's case it isnt the same L and Light. Yes both of them were genius but one was good while the other one was the bad guy. it was a fight between 2 genius, one to find Kira and not let him continue killing and the other to outsmart the good genius and draw a checkmate, it was a game of cat and mouse, that was the thriller, who would get the upper hand in the situation. If Hinata and Neji were both genius from the Hyuga clan, with the same abilities and they are both on the good team the competition would be between each other to what? surpass each other? I'm sorry but the story doesn't focus on them there would be no point cause the competition with each other wouldn't be showed at all and the times that would be most probably would leave some fans thinking "this is irrelevant to the story-line". So yeah, 2 genius from the same clan, abilities and on the good side when they are not the main focus i believe it's not a good idea.

The case with Light and L wasn't one was good and one was evil. It was a masterpiece because they were good in their own way. The thriller, was to find out who was truly good. Hinata was far from genius. I really don't know how you can get that idea that she's equal to Neji in skills. You must be crazy. Neji prolonged the fight to show Hinata how hopeless it was to keep going. He even said it. You can't just look at them exchanging blows and come up with a conclusion that they're equal. Seriously, you could even see Hinata struggling and Neji completely relaxed.

IRL Friend

Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Quote:

DBZ influenced the fighting that's sure. There was never an anime before DBZ that showed two human looking characters that could fight for hours and hours and bring colossal damage to the battlefield and each other. It was breath-taking to watch two simple looking people to have so much strength for the first time. DBZ is one of the most influential anime ever. Its certain Madara wouldn't be as strong as he is if it wasn't for DBZ, and that gave some background to the story.

Ok, it makes her significant to YOU uniquely I guess and people like you, but not globally and story-wise. And I'm not gonna explain again what "contest" I'm "playing" because I'm pretty sure I made that very clear.

FOTNS is a year younger, and the same thing. Lots of action and lots of manliness <3

So you won the argument by stating your own opinion?
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Quote:

FOTNS is a year younger, and the same thing. Lots of action and lots of manliness <3

No, I won because I proved there's no way you can defend your arguments better than I can defend my own.

IRL Friend

Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Quote:

No, I won because I proved there's no way you can defend your arguments better than I can defend my own.

That's sorta being a bigot, isn't it?
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Yes Sequitur
Chasmosaurus
Quote:

That's sorta being a bigot, isn't it?

Facts cannot be bigotry.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas