bittersweet music

Temari technically lost to Shikamaru.

Jacob1909's Wife

Blessed Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I can't really understand when someone's saying Hinata didn't felt sad because of Neji's death. Da ********? She was all in tears when it happened. And she had the strenght to fight for what he died, motivated Naruto to fight so Neji's death wouldn't be for nothing. As ninjas they're taught to stay strong no matter what happens and Hinata did what she must. What did you expect to see her completely helpless and killed because sadness made her gave up on everything?
She protected his body from smashing by the Juubi tail! For God's sake!

Dedicated Gawker

bittersweet music
LovelyHolic

I really want to blame Kishimoto for the lack of lead female roles in Naruto. They each have the potential to be great-they just don't have as much opportunities to. But Kishimoto is trying to give the the female characters more roles-he just makes it so subtle that you have to squint a bit.

But honestly, the main focus is Naruto and Obito/Naruto and maybe later Sasuke. It's just how it works out, but lets not assume too much just yet~anything can happen.

I wonder if Kishimoto had realize that (I believe) the naruto fandom
are mostly girls. just by starting why there is much of OTP stuff.

Possibly. I've only started watching two years ago so I'm not familiar with the earlier fan-base(I think it started 2004ish). I heard it was pretty crazy which turned me off at the time, shipping and all. Maybe that's the reason why the developments with most of the female casts associates with romance in some way (minus tenten cause she gets jackshit).

Its still a shonen series, so of course he's writing for an audience geared towards boys; still it does raise some questions about gender-equality and such. If a bunch of fans are complaining about Kishimoto being sexist, something is wrong here. neutral

Adored Soldier

10,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • 50 Wins 150
sakuras the useless one

IRL Friend

SakuraHarunoBlossomsxo
I've never really liked her at all to be honest. I won't say I hate her though since she is just a character... >_> I've dislked her even mroe now since Neji died.. =_= she didn't even seem like she cared at all... >.>

she cried and was in shock. and in war. how else is that not showing care? please tell me razz

Kawaii Shounen

LovelyHolic
bittersweet music
LovelyHolic

I really want to blame Kishimoto for the lack of lead female roles in Naruto. They each have the potential to be great-they just don't have as much opportunities to. But Kishimoto is trying to give the the female characters more roles-he just makes it so subtle that you have to squint a bit.

But honestly, the main focus is Naruto and Obito/Naruto and maybe later Sasuke. It's just how it works out, but lets not assume too much just yet~anything can happen.

I wonder if Kishimoto had realize that (I believe) the naruto fandom
are mostly girls. just by starting why there is much of OTP stuff.

Possibly. I've only started watching two years ago so I'm not familiar with the earlier fan-base(I think it started 2004ish). I heard it was pretty crazy which turned me off at the time, shipping and all. Maybe that's the reason why the developments with most of the female casts associates with romance in some way (minus tenten cause she gets jackshit).

Its still a shonen series, so of course he's writing for an audience geared towards boys; still it does raise some questions about gender-equality and such. If a bunch of fans are complaining about Kishimoto being sexist, something is wrong here. neutral

well for some reason, naruto is popular, but not so popular as before
how do I say this, when naruto was a hit, you even see stuff of naruto everywhere.
like hot topic? even people who doesn't watch anime knew what was naruto
and also, is like, you hear people talking about that a lot.

it kinda died. it's somehow back but not the same as before, more like time changes.
not sure how to explain it. People got tired of it and stop atching naruto
because of the fandom and how the story has progressed.

anyhow, it's shonen like you said, so all those hints of lack of female and lack of romance
is because it's shonen plus the author isn't helping.

I tried to say this like a millions time.

Aged Sex Symbol

I can't believe this thread still exists.

Hinata fans are the ONLY fans that are so desperate for conflict they have to set up a strawman to baww about.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Hinata is probably the most popular character in the entire fandom. The only person that has it out for her is Kishimoto himself.

Dedicated Gawker

bittersweet music

how do I say this, when naruto was a hit, you even see stuff of naruto everywhere.

it kinda died. it's somehow back but not the same as before, more like time changes.

anyhow, it's shonen like you said, so all those hints of lack of female and lack of romance

I can see why people gets turned off by the reasons you stated. People are just so impatient.

Exactly! Shonen isn't romance, and a lot of the fans tends to forget that. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy a couple of implied and hidden romance that the author adds in for kicks sometimes. Sometimes I wonder if this is the reason why women aren't taken too seriously if we get over-emotional on the shipping. They are completely underestimating us imo.

Kawaii Shounen

LovelyHolic
bittersweet music

I can see why people gets turned off by the reasons you stated. People are just so impatient.

Exactly! Shonen isn't romance, and a lot of the fans tends to forget that. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy a couple of implied and hidden romance that the author adds in for kicks sometimes. Sometimes I wonder if this is the reason why women aren't taken too seriously if we get over-emotional on the shipping. They are completely underestimating us imo.

this

is the answer

Interesting Genius

hinata actually saved naruto from dying from when they were kids

Aged Sex Symbol

shilohbeast
hinata actually saved naruto from dying from when they were kids

No she didn't.
bittersweet music
Tacit Effigy
Hasn't anyone noticed that almost all females are useless in Naruto?

Hinata did a great a development in the series, specially one of the last chapters
by supporting naruto and fighting back.

Ino had a great role in the war, not only by entering inside Obito.

Sakura
is a medi. ninja, we haven't seen her lately though.

Temari
, how come everyone forgets about her?
she is one of the kunoichi's that hasn't lost a fight and so far
she reached the jonnin level.
I can say more but I don't want to write a testament.

TenTen : Minor character/No Comment.

I won't talk about Mei and or Tsunade.

User Image

Well I haven't read the manga so there might be a change.

Wealthy Player

25,350 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Over Easy 100
  • Gaian 50
agreed! biggrin

Genius

3,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Guildmember 100
i didnt like her too much at first, i mean she was kind of cute but that was it. when she fought neji i began to like her, and she has had some moments...but she still isnt much more than naruto's love interest just yet.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
If anything, Hinata not doing anything is just showing the world that she's being told to do anything. Remember, it's the main Team Seven doing all the work at this point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff