Welcome to Gaia! ::

LovelyHolic
Tacit Effigy
LovelyHolic
Tacit Effigy
Hasn't anyone noticed that almost all females are useless in Naruto?

Depends how you look at it. Plot-wise, development, or being a total power house?

Honestly a good majority of characters are useless, don't just say the females. You're going to piss a lot of us off.

I also did not desire that this was the case. I was only responding to the OP, who said Hinata wasn't useless which implies many people believe she was, on how Kishimoto portrays females of the Japanese feudal era. Sorry if I unintentionally upset you.

Sounds you are implying that Hinata represents females for all of Japan, let alone the Narutoverse. Not that I blame you, Hinata's been the hot topic in the last recent chapters.

[edit] Sorry, when people call another character useless I really want them to be more specific. It bothers me when, I'm a hypocrite I know, fans argue back with how strong in skills and personality the characters are-when they don't which aspect of "useless" is being addressed.

No, Hinata isn't the only case, the same applies to Sakura, tenten, etc. I wasn't talking about them personality wise, I was referring to their skills.

Dedicated Gawker

Tacit Effigy
LovelyHolic
Tacit Effigy
LovelyHolic
Tacit Effigy

Depends how you look at it. Plot-wise, development, or being a total power house?

Honestly a good majority of characters are useless, don't just say the females. You're going to piss a lot of us off.

I also did not desire that this was the case. I was only responding to the OP, who said Hinata wasn't useless which implies many people believe she was, on how Kishimoto portrays females of the Japanese feudal era. Sorry if I unintentionally upset you.

Sounds you are implying that Hinata represents females for all of Japan, let alone the Narutoverse. Not that I blame you, Hinata's been the hot topic in the last recent chapters.

[edit] Sorry, when people call another character useless I really want them to be more specific. It bothers me when, I'm a hypocrite I know, fans argue back with how strong in skills and personality the characters are-when they don't which aspect of "useless" is being addressed.

No, Hinata isn't the only case, the same applies to Sakura, tenten, etc. I wasn't talking about them personality wise, I was referring to their skills.

I could agree with their lack of development or involvement with the plot is questionable but skills? These women are flourishing in it but people fail to perceive that these are mostly support roles they play. Even most of the male characters plays these roles as well.

Yes it's not as cool as the big flashy finishing moves; but a team can't be functional without supportive roles. Lead attacks are nothing without support. It defeats the whole foundation of Naruto otherwise.

LovelyHolic
Tacit Effigy
LovelyHolic
Tacit Effigy
LovelyHolic
Tacit Effigy

I could agree with their lack of development or involvement with the plot is questionable but skills? These women are flourishing in it but people fail to perceive that these are mostly support roles they play. Even most of the male characters plays these roles as well.

Yes it's not as cool as the big flashy finishing moves; but a team can't be functional without supportive roles. Lead attacks are nothing without support. It defeats the whole foundation of Naruto otherwise.

Well, at least Kishimoto should give more lead attack roles to females. All I see is males taking the spot.

Dedicated Gawker

Tacit Effigy

Well, at least Kishimoto should give more lead attack roles to females. All I see is males taking the spot.

If that's what gets you to see their importance, okay.
The beauty of subtleness is ignored once again.
emo

Keep in mind that many characters were originally not meant for the frontlines, having different sets of skills meant for outside of battle. However, each of them played their roles beautifully, example Sakura being the medic and Team 8 in the sensing unit. Even team 10 shined in battle, despite being specifically set up for support.
LovelyHolic
Tacit Effigy

If that's what gets you to see their importance, okay.
The beauty of subtleness is ignored once again.
emo

Keep in mind that many characters were originally not meant for the frontlines, having different sets of skills meant for outside of battle. However, each of them played their roles beautifully, example Sakura being the medic and Team 8 in the sensing unit. Even team 10 shined in battle, despite being specifically set up for support.

I agree that supportive roles are vital to the victory in a battle and they are important. It's just strange to see a large gender demographic difference in both roles.

Dedicated Gawker

Tacit Effigy

I agree that supportive roles are vital to the victory in a battle and they are important. It's just strange to see a large gender demographic difference in both roles.

I really want to blame Kishimoto for the lack of lead female roles in Naruto. They each have the potential to be great-they just don't have as much opportunities to. But Kishimoto is trying to give the the female characters more roles-he just makes it so subtle that you have to squint a bit.

But honestly, the main focus is Naruto and Obito/Naruto and maybe later Sasuke. It's just how it works out, but lets not assume too much just yet~anything can happen.

IRL Friend

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Every character is useless in one way or another.

Bright Star

13,800 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
II_iMuddy_II
Every character is useless in one way or another.
so true

Jacob1909's Wife

Blessed Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Chapter 617! Hinata ONCE AGAIN to the rescue! scream

I'll say this again,
SHE'S FAR FROM BEING USELESS! heart

Kawaii Shounen

Tacit Effigy

Hinata did a great a development in the series, specially one of the last chapters
by supporting naruto and fighting back.

Ino had a great role in the war, not only by entering inside Obito.

Sakura
is a medi. ninja, we haven't seen her lately though.

Temari
, how come everyone forgets about her?
she is one of the kunoichi's that hasn't lost a fight and so far
she reached the jonnin level.
I can say more but I don't want to write a testament.

TenTen : Minor character/No Comment.

I won't talk about Mei and or Tsunade.

User Image

Kawaii Shounen

LovelyHolic
Tacit Effigy

I really want to blame Kishimoto for the lack of lead female roles in Naruto. They each have the potential to be great-they just don't have as much opportunities to. But Kishimoto is trying to give the the female characters more roles-he just makes it so subtle that you have to squint a bit.

But honestly, the main focus is Naruto and Obito/Naruto and maybe later Sasuke. It's just how it works out, but lets not assume too much just yet~anything can happen.

I wonder if Kishimoto had realize that (I believe) the naruto fandom
are mostly girls. just by starting why there is much of OTP stuff.

I've never really liked her at all to be honest. I won't say I hate her though since she is just a character... >_> I've dislked her even mroe now since Neji died.. =_= she didn't even seem like she cared at all... >.>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff