Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Sex Symbol

teiya-chan
SS_ShitStorm
teiya-chan
I don't really like Sakura but I never hated Hinata not even once. Her character development in the anime/manga is amazing. heart heart

You can't be serious.

The only character Kishimoto enjoys shitting on more than Sakura is Hinata. 400 chapters since her confession and the most she gets is the chance to fall on her face and ask Neji for help.

She had so much potential, especially since Neji's death but you can't tell me with a straight face she her character development isn't anything but a disappointment.

hinata worked hard to make herself stronger
and if you won't be convinced on that after that 400+ chapters then its none of my business. this is my opinion. talk2hand

This is exactly my problem.

She has worked her a** off to get stronger, but she hasn't. Like I'm supposed to believe that after all her powerups she somehow doesn't have the endurance to even drag herself over to Naruto's dying body and instead just falls into the mud and starts crying. That is some goddamn bullshit.

She's worked hard, and she's nowhere near Sakura's powerlevel, and Sakura is pretty much a mosquito compared to Naruto and Sasuke. I don't hate Hinata, I feel sorry for her. At least Sakura gets to be stabbed by Madara personally, Hinata has to be content with being seeded by the god tree with the rest of the useless kunoichi as an afterthought.

Kitten

Oh great. Another anti Sakura/Hinata thread.
Don't we have enough already? emotion_facepalm

Shy Gekko

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
SS_ShitStorm

I have to disagree. I don't think the Japanese are scared of woman, I just think Sakura is uncaring and hot-headed. I don't need to see the whole anime to tell that, because in my opinion, as far as I've heard or seen, she is still the same.

Shy Gekko

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Byakugou Sakura

I'm not totally against them, I just don't like a lot of things about them. However each girl has something likable about her. I haven't seen any threads for a few weeks and thought I'd like to hear other people's opinions on them so why not just state your opinion instead of being 'that person'. Or rather, if you don't agree with my wanting to hear other peoples opinions then don't post at all?

Aged Sex Symbol

FishCakeSpiral
SS_ShitStorm

I have to disagree. I don't think the Japanese are scared of woman, I just think Sakura is uncaring and hot-headed. I don't need to see the whole anime to tell that, because in my opinion, as far as I've heard or seen, she is still the same.

I don't mean the Naruto anime, I mean other anime.

I suppose I'm lucky in that Naruto was not my first anime. I started out watching Rurouni Kenshi, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Tenchi, all series where women beat the everliving s**t out of men they care about on a regular basis. I was well aware that it was a tired slapstick comedy routine that had little to nothing to do with the character's overall personality. When I picked up Naruto and saw Sakura I was already familiar with the archtype. In fact I just assumed her abuse was foreshadowing her and Naruto ending up together, since that's exactly what hitting meant in all the other anime I'd been exposed to.

tl;dr Hitting is supposed to be funny in Japanland.

Shy Gekko

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
SS_ShitStorm

I grew up watching Anime with my parents and Naruto by far was not my first anime. There are other anime's I have watched where the female character often hits the other characters. It's not just the hitting that make's Sakura hotheaded but her personality overall. She's just not a likable character for me for many things she does. I also want to say that I've watched Rurouni Kenshi, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Tenchi. Annnnnd, you sound kinda racist with the 'it's funny in Japanland' it would sound better to say 'it's funny in Japanese animation(or anime)'

Aged Sex Symbol

FishCakeSpiral
SS_ShitStorm

I grew up watching Anime with my parents and Naruto by far was not my first anime. There are other anime's I have watched where the female character often hits the other characters. It's not just the hitting that make's Sakura hotheaded but her personality overall. She's just not a likable character for me for many things she does. I also want to say that I've watched Rurouni Kenshi, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Tenchi. Annnnnd, you sound kinda racist with the 'it's funny in Japanland' it would sound better to say 'it's funny in Japanese animation(or anime)'

If you'ved watched those exact anime where the women are doing the exact same thing Sakura does I'm not entirely sure how you can still hold that against her.

Quote:
Annnnnd, you sound kinda racist with the 'it's funny in Japanland

I don't think you know what racist means.

Shy Gekko

5,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
SS_ShitStorm

I know what it means.
Also, because Sakura's hitting isn't like the others. But like I said, that's not the only thing I dislike about her. It just adds onto my not liking her.

Aged Sex Symbol

FishCakeSpiral
SS_ShitStorm

I know what it means.
Also, because Sakura's hitting isn't like the others. But like I said, that's not the only thing I dislike about her. It just adds onto my not liking her.

Please explain to me how Sakura's hitting isn't like the others.

Also making fun of a country's name isn't racist, as country and race are not synonymous.

Ruthless Capitalist

12,000 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Smacking Naruto is not suppose to be taken seriously. It's comedic or rather it's Japanese comedy.
Ino makes fun of Chouji's weight.
Tsunade also smacks Naruto.
Tenten smacks Neji.

You can't call out only Sakura when the majority of other females do the same thing.
Not having flaws is bothersome. The lack of flaws can transform a character into a marysue. On the other hand, flaws can make a character well-rounded.

Wealthy Friend

7,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Junior Trader 100
I just have a lot of reasons of really not liking Sakura as a character, and partly to Kishimoto. If you want to know the reasons, you can ask. I just Hinata overall as a character and I have no problem with her not being the strongest.

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Asuia
There are things I dislike about her, but overall I really like Sakura.

Agreed, Sakura has come a long way from her starting character.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff