Welcome to Gaia! ::

As most of us know, English dubbed versions of Naruto have been airing on one of Disney's channels. What do you think of this? Do you think that Viz has been cutting too much out? What do you think about the English voices? What the hell will Disney do when they get to the episodes Hidan's in?! ninja

EDIT: There, I added Viz in so people wouldn't misunderstand. I'm quite aware that Viz is in charge of dubbing and editing. Sorry if anyone misunderstood.
Doesn't matter to me, I read the manga.

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I thought Viz did the editing??
But anyway I don't really care, I don't have pay tv so I can't watch it so I'll just watch it subbed & read the manga.

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
That's exactly what I thought. If they're gonna censor the stuff out, I'm gonna be sitting in front of the TV going, "Why is Hidan unusually silent?" Either that or they're gonna make him say weird old-time-y stuff that most people don't say anymore... And the dubs-- well, I already posted this in another thread but I enjoy hearing the terrible mismatched voices and hilariously wrong syllable stresses.

...Have you heard them say "Hokage" or "Orochimaru"? They put the stresses on all the wrong syllables...
I Watch Subbed, first because no editing there and
second you can watch it on mute so you don't wake up Parents, Girlfriend or wife at 3am

3,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
heh..disney basically ruined naruto for me i wasnted 2 see how it would turn out and it was an epic fail why did they even try Naruto is meant to b a violent show with reasonable amounts of blood aand violence

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
monsoon10
As most of us know, English dubbed versions of Naruto have been airing on one of Disney's channels. What do you think of this? Do you think that they've been cutting too much out? What do you think about the English voices? What the hell will Disney do when they get to the episodes Hidan's in?! ninja

Seriosuly have you read the manga? You can still question someone's manhood without saying the word p***s. Are you people that ignorant?

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
DreozA
heh..disney basically ruined naruto for me i wasnted 2 see how it would turn out and it was an epic fail why did they even try Naruto is meant to b a violent show with reasonable amounts of blood aand violence

Viz is the one who is in control of dubbing and editing, and for you to say this, you probably haven't even seen shippuuden on disney XD. All you here is disney.

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Fel_Phoenix
second you can watch it on mute so you don't wake up Parents, Girlfriend or wife at 3am

then you might as well be reading the manga at that point if your muting the sound.
amigobear v3
Fel_Phoenix

then you might as well be reading the manga at that point if your muting the sound.

I don't read the manga because of lack of action
amigobear v3
monsoon10
As most of us know, English dubbed versions of Naruto have been airing on one of Disney's channels. What do you think of this? Do you think that they've been cutting too much out? What do you think about the English voices? What the hell will Disney do when they get to the episodes Hidan's in?! ninja

Seriosuly have you read the manga? You can still question someone's manhood without saying the word p***s. Are you people that ignorant?

Yes, I've read the manga. Get your facts straight. All I'm asking is how people feel about Naruto being on Disney. Stop acting so high and mighty.

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Fel_Phoenix
amigobear v3
Fel_Phoenix

you must not have a very good imagination to say such a thing.

3,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
amigobear v3
DreozA

Viz is the one who is in control of dubbing and editing, and for you to say this, you probably haven't even seen shippuuden on disney XD. All you here is disney.

Viz whoever or whatever i dont even try to watch it on tv nemore and yes it was Disney XD which is like the only disney that im aware that it airs on but i only read the manga or watch it in subs now

7,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
monsoon10
amigobear v3
monsoon10

Yes, I've read the manga. Get your facts straight. All I'm asking is how people feel about Naruto being on Disney. Stop acting so high and mighty.

Just making sure...I was talking about the viz translation, which has sai and hidan already. Which is a good reference to see what Viz will for the dub

And your asking how I feel? I feel that its great that someone is willing to air naruto. I would have been excited if disney XD aired one piece.
amigobear v3
Fel_Phoenix
amigobear v3
Fel_Phoenix

you must not have a very good imagination to say such a thing.

I do have a good imagination, but i prefer Anime over the Manga cause (dammit whats a good way to describe this)......damn it can't think of it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff