Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Noob

4,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
(Wait a minute...Kakashi struck his heart, 'killing' it, only to find out that he had four others -Or whoever killed the first one, whatever- and killed all of the others, which killed ol' Kaku for good.
But...
Why didn't they just aim for his head?? 0_0)
Anti-zombie techniques are too advanced for ninjas. Look at Hidan. Asuma wouldn't be dead if he only knew to destroy the brain.

More serious answer: They seem to be taught to aim for the chakra center -- the heart. Kakashi has always aimed for the center of the chest whenever he uses his Raikiri. Haku, Kakuzu, even Rin were Raikiri-punched in the heart. I suppose that's the most conventional way to kill a normal ninja in the world of Naruto.

Now that I think of it, I believe ninja logic is that forehead protectors are magical things that prevent people's heads from getting impaled, blown up, or magically imploded. AIM FOR EVERYTHING BUT THE HEAD BECAUSE THOSE FOREHEAD PROTECTORS WILL DO WHAT THEY WERE DESIGNED FOR.

Invisible Noob

4,950 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS
Anti-zombie techniques are too advanced for ninjas. Look at Hidan. Asuma wouldn't be dead if he only knew to destroy the brain.

More serious answer: They seem to be taught to aim for the chakra center -- the heart. Kakashi has always aimed for the center of the chest whenever he uses his Raikiri. Haku, Kakuzu, even Rin were Raikiri-punched in the heart. I suppose that's the most conventional way to kill a normal ninja in the world of Naruto.

Now that I think of it, I believe ninja logic is that forehead protectors are magical things that prevent people's heads from getting impaled, blown up, or magically imploded. AIM FOR EVERYTHING BUT THE HEAD BECAUSE THOSE FOREHEAD PROTECTORS WILL DO WHAT THEY WERE DESIGNED FOR.

(But they cut Hidan's head off instead of going for the heart. Couldn't they do that to Kakuzu? Or aim for the back of his head...)
7_Ameyuri Ringo_7
NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS

(But they cut Hidan's head off instead of going for the heart. Couldn't they do that to Kakuzu? Or aim for the back of his head...)

Maybe Kakashi was always taught to stab people in the heart and Asuma (and Shikamaru by proxy) were taught to chop off people's heads. I don't know. It's grown up logic! They know what they're doing!

But yeah, it's not exactly a plothole but rather just bad tactics. You're dealing with two immortals. Sure it makes sense to do the decapitate and separate for one because he's a zombie but why treat Kakuzu like a video game boss where you attack the weak point for MASSIVE damage?

Kakashi is a genius!

Hygienic Genius

I think cutting his head off would’ve done nothing to Kakuzu he could just re-attach his head back with his threads the same way he re-attached Hidan’s head and Deidara’s arms. Kinda like what happened with Sasori that even though Sakura destroyed his whole body he could just spawn in another puppet because his heart was intact.

Profitable Sex Symbol

13,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Psh, screw all of that head slashing and heart stabbing.
I say blow his a** up into a million pieces.
loljk.

Genius

3,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Guildmember 100
considering they were able to reattach limbs and the death god guy could survive with his head cut off im not sure standard zombie rules apply here

Anxious Browser

6,250 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gender Swap 100
Itachi -ox
Psh, screw all of that head slashing and heart stabbing.
I say blow his a** up into a million pieces.
loljk.
Or the groin.

Girl-Crazy Fairy

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Look at it this way.
Kakuzu originally had five hearts. If he were to die, one heart will replace the dead heart. If someone were to aim for the back of his head, he wouldn't practically die because of Earth Grudge and I think Kakuzu would take matters to always protect that one vital spot. Realize that people in Naruto don't aim for the head cause chakra points are more vital than chopping someones head off. And with Kakuzu, it's a more serious case. He possesses some form of immortality (different compare to Hidan who is still alive, rotting in a hole) and will not die from a blow to the head.

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
Well, generally, since the chest is a bigger target, I think Kakashi goes for that. It is harder to shift the center of your mass away from a highly visible attack compared to your small head. Granted, after the first blow didn't kill him, Kakashi should have started going for head shots.

Distinct Seeker

Kakazu has stitches on his neck as well as his arms, legs, and mouth. This indicates that they are able to be removed without Kakazu dying. There is a reason him and Hidan are called the "immortal duo"

Distinct Seeker

English II Toffee
Look at it this way.
Kakuzu originally had five hearts. If he were to die, one heart will replace the dead heart. If someone were to aim for the back of his head, he wouldn't practically die because of Earth Grudge and I think Kakuzu would take matters to always protect that one vital spot. Realize that people in Naruto don't aim for the head cause chakra points are more vital than chopping someones head off. And with Kakuzu, it's a more serious case. He possesses some form of immortality (different compare to Hidan who is still alive, rotting in a hole) and will not die from a blow to the head.

He's slowly dying because he can no longer do rituals. I wonder how long he's been cursing ever since that day o- o

7,100 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kakazu could reattach his limbs because he's kinda like a zombie made out of threads. So even if you chopped his head off, he could reattach it. He did that for Hidan. So it's kinda like the saying, a cat has 9 lives. So because of Kakazu's hearts, destroy them all and he wont have any "lives" left.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff