• Invisibility 100
Just thought I'd help out all you~

http://www.wordcounttool.com

Moonlight Explorer

14,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
MS Word has a built in word counter. But thanks for the link.

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
The NaNoWriMo website has a word counter for your official total, as well.

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Le Kingu

thesaurus.com too!
ZaiaFantasy
Le Kingu

thesaurus.com too!
Making thesaurus publicly available was the worst idea in the world.

It encourages amateur writers go like, "hey, I will improve my writing by replacing a normal word with this word I've never really heard of but it's really long and complicated and people will think I'm really smart if I use it."

A lot of the time, it's not even an appropriate word to use.

5,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
I use Yarny.me and it has built in word counter. I also have built in spell check on Chrome....FTW!

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Le Kingu
ZaiaFantasy
Le Kingu

thesaurus.com too!

It encourages amateur writers go like, "hey, I will improve my writing by replacing a normal word with this word I've never really heard of but it's really long and complicated and people will think I'm really smart if I use it."

But to those of us who actually know how to write and what is appropriate it is occasionally a Godsend.
ZaiaFantasy
Le Kingu
ZaiaFantasy
Le Kingu

thesaurus.com too!

But to those of us who actually know how to write and what is appropriate it is occasionally a Godsend.
True, that.
I often go like "I spy with my little eye something that starts with an o and means 'unusual' but I'm not sure what it is..."

But right-click in Word serves that end. If it isn't in right-click synonym suggestion, chances are, it's too obscure to use unless you're Burke. e__e;
Le Kingu
ZaiaFantasy
Le Kingu

thesaurus.com too!

I agree that people misuse the words a lot. It's best that if people find a pretty word, that they go to the dictionary to see if that's the word they really want.

I use Thesaurus.com because my memory sucks. My vocabulary is big enough that I know what words to recognize. It's more like a list to me. If I don't recognize the word, I use the method I just mentioned.

7,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Le Kingu
ZaiaFantasy
Le Kingu

thesaurus.com too!

While the internet and technology helps us in our daily life in a lot of ways..more and more people are lacking the basic skills..what 1 needs in doing everything is to be clear, know what their target audience/customers etc wants, what you want, making the best of both situations..connecting to the majority lot in the world(no need to use so many words that are very 'impressive') and having a good image portrayed to all, having the best connections will tide an individual through..good enough XD

7,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Zenour
Just thought I'd help out all you~

http://www.wordcounttool.com

So plenty nice of you as with the others who helps in their own way as well XD thumbs up!

Long-time Witch

22,500 Points
  • Mid-Rank Major 50
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Invisibility 100
Heh, I don't feel confident enough to participate in NaNoWriMo this year, I just thought I'd lend a helping hand x3

Vicious Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
YourIcyDreams
I use Yarny.me and it has built in word counter. I also have built in spell check on Chrome....FTW!

How have I never heard of Yarny before? Thanks!

5,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Clown_Countess
YourIcyDreams

How have I never heard of Yarny before? Thanks!

Your quite welcome! smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces