Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Senshi

Hooray Yutora!!

and it sucks that I missed that challenge.
        It would have been hilarious to use the word scrumptious =u=

Today's Word: Prototype
        Sentence: “What’s he doing?”

“Axum?” She asked.

“Lumen,”

“Oh,” she turned to look at him. “Testing out that prototype, huh?” She asked him and he nodded. “That material in his hand, basically is the pocket version of the giant monitor over there; recording the players and their stats as they fight. You’d have to ask him how that works though,” She nudged me but I shook my head like a child would when urged to talk to a stranger. “Suit yourself,” She couldn’t help but smirk at my childish actions towards the blonde.

Today's Word: weal, crabwise, execrable
        Sentence: One of them sliced the side of Axum but he seemed only the least bit surprised by his own injury. Draven had been barely speed-walking crabwise[, trying to not attract attention away from Axum’s attacks before they took their turn. He then brought out his bow and charged towards the other, who had little time to move before he was struck and blood gushed from his arms.

“Hedirun!” I turned towards the girl like a mother scolding their child. She lied to me.

“It’s fake, its fake,” she urged, trying to assure me of their weal.“Zig likes to make the matches as realistic as they can be- that’s the best thing about it,”

I turned back towards the fight to see Axum, who was clearly distracted due to his own gloating the observation of his partner to see his opponent grabbed him by the ankles and pull him down. Something dangerous and almost morbid happened as the tubes came apart from the person and grabbed him, holding his hands apart.

“Guess he was right about one of them being a robot,” The giant said as I stood almost bewildered at how calm everyone as being as Axum was lifted up into the air. I looked at Draven who, I believed, mouthed a ‘holy s**t’ before trying to charge at his attacker, only to be grabbed by the cape and thrown down to the ground. My toes curled up within my shoes as I watched the entire thing take an execrable turn. How was this safe? That question ran through my mind the entire time as Axum was flung to the ground a few feet away.

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Today's Word: prototype
Sentence: Some of the technology was unfamiliar and may have been the prototypes of a new technology the Kyrbris had not yet unveiled on the battlefield. It could be useful.

Ta da! All caught up 3nodding I actually used prototype a few days ago and forgot to post it sweatdrop

Blessed Senshi

Today's Word: Pelagic
        Sentence: “This picture,” She pointed at the spherical picture that was plastered on the page. She then motioned me to go closer. “This, as you can probably tell is the Paradigm,” She said, pointing to a large spherical drawing. ”And this,” She pointed to a small one right next to it. “Is the earth. We base our time on the Celestial sphere, which is similar to your day, in a sense. We start when the sun goes up and when it goes down, right?” I nodded my head. “However, there’s a flaw with that. Over time, your hour changes, so what is an hour now, won’t be the same a thousand years from now,” She said. “To keep up with precision, we follow the stars on the Celestial axis,”

“What’s that?” I pointed to a pelagic picture that was right under the moon.

“I can’t say,” She admitted, “I’s a thing called ‘the ocean’ or something, and that’s just describing how the gravitation pull of the moon controls the waves,”

Today's Word: rife
        Sentence: "One day, poverty got so bad that disease and death was rife during that time. Jigsaw was a way to distract everyone from all that suffering,"
        "But it killed people" I pointed out.
        "But it provided a living for people," He pointed out. "Father could go home to their children and feed them and give them hope for living another day,"

Today's Word: Officious
        Sentence:He smiled at me. “Hey. So, I can come on this mission, right?” He asked, and I couldn’t help but smile. He normally spoke like an adult to me in his officious tone-all of them this age did- but it was nice to see him act so young and youthful.

Today's Word: Recusant
        Sentence: "I'm... related to them,"
        "How?" I blurted out, not leaving any room for sympathy.
        "How it always happens. Two people have sex," He spat. Though he wasn't looking at me, I could feel his angry growing off of him. He knee bounced up and down with his own impatience. "I am inherently evil and I can't even control it. I can't!" He screamed. Though he was angry, his recusant behavior all made sense now. He rejected things if he wasn't in control of it, because he thrived in being control in other things when he felt like he couldn't control himself.
        "Ganymede... I don't believe that you're bad,"
        "You say that now, but watch. Watch. One day it'll happen, and it'll only happen if I keep stepping foot in that hell-hole!"

Today's Word: meliorism
        Sentence: "We'll just move to the Outside," I stated, seeing no where else to run to,"
        "If you haven't noticed, the Outside has gone to s**t," Ganymede cussed.
        "But... if the Paradigm is destroyed, we can probably-"
        "No!" He yelled. "There is no time for a false meloristic s**t. There's at least a centuries worth of pollution in that sky,"

Boom. I skipped two but whatever I am completed with 50k

Accursed Widow

32,450 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Today's Word: Nostrum
Sentence: Lily very much did not like this plan. A questionable nostrum at best.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Yay, Morse, I turned red! heart

Annnd another catch-up:

Today's Word: Pelagic
Sentence: "I'm not some damn bit of pelagic rock you can just forget about!"

Sentence: "Well, this is a nostrum of epic proportions," Anders says. I know he's right, though it pains me to admit it.

Today's Word: Crabwise
Sentence: Elv inches away from him, crabwise and eyes cast downward. Connolly lets out a long, frustrated sigh.

Wow. Pretty sure all of those won't be sticking around. rofl

Blessed Senshi

I, l Celestial Princess l, have made it to 50,000 words!

Dapper Capitalist

Today's Word: nostrum
Sentence: "He's a potential murder suspect who supposedly tortures his victims to death, and you want me, the object of his stalker obsession to be used as bait? Don't you think that's a bit of a nostrum? Or is the success rate of that higher than it sounds?

Versatile Entrepreneur

8,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Today's Word: nostrum
Sentence: Jordan considered arguing about this nostrum, but instead relied on the trust he had come to place in Sergeant Aarons and decided to go with the plan, as crazy and dangerous as it seemed.

Revered Nerd

Sentence: The desert had recovered from nostrum that had been in place in Fren’s time.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Today's Word: Heterodox
Sentence: "Look, I'll admit that she has some values that are a bit heterodox, but she's a good person."

Versatile Entrepreneur

8,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Today's Word: heterodox
Sentence: Jordan considered arguing about this nostrum, but instead relied on the trust he had come to place in Sergeant Aarons and decided to go with the plan, as crazy and dangerous as the heterodox idea seemed.

I just added it to the sentence I used yesterday for nostrum, since they have somewhat related meanings. I hope that is ok! If not, let me know and I could use it elsewhere.

Revered Nerd

Sentence: Despite how much they had questioned her heterodox beliefs at first, everyone had come to more or less embrace them after it was clear the gods were not going to strike anyone down for blasphemy.

Revered Nerd

I, Whimsicaldreamer, have made it to 50,000 words!

Stubborn Nymph

14,975 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Today's Word: Crabwise
Sentence: I slunk crabwise around the wall, keeping my back against the stone, making each step the most careful one I had ever made in my life. Lila gripped my hand as we went, refusing to let go of me. I understood her fear. Each of us had spent our whole lives believing that we were alone. And now we had each other: sisters. That was the closest relationship there could be, in my book, no matter how different we could be.

Sentence: "Your whole plan is a nostrum, Andrew."
"Collin." He corrected with a small growl.

Sentence: "It is a heterodox approach, I'll admit that much, but it is by no means a nostrum. All we need to do to fix our world is wipe the slate clean. If that means the death of the world as we know it.... Well, so be it. You understand, don't you, Davina?"

Dapper Capitalist

Today's Word: heterodox
Sentence: It's not your fault that your opinions are more heterodox than others'. I mean, just look at your upbringing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff