Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Explorer

14,875 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying
Alright, I'm in high school and I did nano a few years ago when I wasn't quite as busy, but now I think I really am too busy....and not your typical busy...like REALLY busy...

7 dance classes a week.
9 hour rehearsals on SATURDAYS
4-6 hour rehearsals on Fridays
3 karate classes on Wednesdays
2 water aerobics classes a week (after all this I still feel heavy lol)
SCHOOL. XD
Church.
I'm pro-life and currently somewhat active in this department...

But at the same time I find an hour or two when I'm conscious, not soaking my feet (or recent infections) or doing schoolwork when I feel I could be doing something better...like writing.

However I'm kind of behind in schoolwork now and I'm swamped...it's the 11th too.

But the joys of word wars....putting in my words per day.....chatting with my nano buddies....I miss it.... sad
Last year when I didn't do it I pretty much cried for the whole of November 1st.

Gracious Hunter

Wow, your life is really busy. I have only one task that is college and I already have my hands full. I tried NaNaWriMo in three years ago, I didn't even make it to half. I was just so busy with school.

Lonely Explorer

14,875 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100
mohitotsunohyorinmaru
Wow, your life is really busy. I have only one task that is college and I already have my hands full. I tried NaNaWriMo in three years ago, I didn't even make it to half. I was just so busy with school.

I'm going to try and think of ideas for other years....do my own personal nano....
college is super busy too though! One of my sisters did nano in college and she didn't have much time for sleeping and eating lol.

Diamond Strawberry

I think the best thing to do would be to buy a sturdy notebook and write on the car rides. It seems like you're probably in a car a lot so that would be my suggestion.

Lonely Explorer

14,875 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100
current carcinoGenesis
I think the best thing to do would be to buy a sturdy notebook and write on the car rides. It seems like you're probably in a car a lot so that would be my suggestion.

I get soooo cars sick it's not even funny..... emotion_puke emotion_puke emotion_puke

I had to do my hair in the car once....when I got to where I was going I had to sit down because I thought I would puke - it was a 15 minute drive....

ty for the idea though, it would be great for anyone not car sick..

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
mohitotsunohyorinmaru

This^

I tend to just surpass NaNoWriMo altogether, and just work on writing during the summer because classes take up so much time and effort, and I want to devote real time to writing.

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
mohitotsunohyorinmaru

This^

I tend to just surpass NaNoWriMo altogether, and just work on writing during the summer because classes take up so much time and effort, and I want to devote real time to writing.

Gracious Hunter

Smexi Chex Mix
mohitotsunohyorinmaru

This^

I did Camp NaNoWriMo in August two years ago. I made it to 50k then, but my entire summer was more or less around writing. I did manage to complete a story for the first time. But, It had a lot of holes so I want to perfect after while.

Dapper Darling

10,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
mohitotsunohyorinmaru
Smexi Chex Mix
mohitotsunohyorinmaru

This^

I did Camp NaNoWriMo in August two years ago. I made it to 50k then, but my entire summer was more or less around writing. I did manage to complete a story for the first time. But, It had a lot of holes so I want to perfect after while.

That's great!

I worked on some stuff this summer, but I'm always self-conscious about writing it all down because I always look back at my past work and just cringe haha.

Bashful Gekko

I tried last year, I only got to 10,000 until I had to stop because of school sad Would have been nice to have started at the start of this month (but I had exams the first 2 weeks). NEXT YEAR I SHALL biggrin

Good luck if you decide to try and finish!

Firebreathing Duck

6,625 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
i was getting ready
and such and doing research
and such for my book
but than a lot of life
s**t happened and
it killed my urge to write but
now i found
a new urge to
get my book done
with a old story i know
is my key to something good!

Next yr maybe xd

Heroic Healer

27,475 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Good luck.
That's some schedule.
If you want to do NaNo, just do what you can. Forget about word goals and just try to find a little time each day to just write. Some words are better than none.

The first ever NaNo happened in June so you can always take a month that's less busy and do your own personal NaNo, or get your friends involved.

Aged Genius

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Night Black Sky
Alright, I'm in high school and I did nano a few years ago when I wasn't quite as busy, but now I think I really am too busy....and not your typical busy...like REALLY busy...

7 dance classes a week.
SCHOOL. XD
Church.

But at the same time I find an hour or two when I'm conscious, not soaking my feet (or recent infections) or doing schoolwork when I feel I could be doing something better...like writing.

However I'm kind of behind in schoolwork now and I'm swamped...it's the 11th too.

But the joys of word wars....putting in my words per day.....chatting with my nano buddies....I miss it.... sad
Last year when I didn't do it I pretty much cried for the whole of November 1st.

Hey, you can still chat with NaNo buddies, like you're doing here! Life is far more important, and really, NaNo is about showing yourself you can do something hard, and I think you're doing plenty right now!

(Pro-choice here, but it's a real issue/debate that I think should remain active! ...in the GD.)

gaia_angelleft

Lonely Explorer

14,875 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Popular Thread 100
contrapunctus maximus
Night Black Sky

7 dance classes a week.
SCHOOL. XD
Church.

Hey, you can still chat with NaNo buddies, like you're doing here! Life is far more important, and really, NaNo is about showing yourself you can do something hard, and I think you're doing plenty right now!

(Pro-choice here, but it's a real issue/debate that I think should remain active! ...in the GD.)

gaia_angelleft

aw that's true.
you guys emotion_kirakira

Miss Mentis 's Partner

Man-Hungry Titan

22,850 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Crack Shot 50
This isn't meant to sound rude, but most people doing NaNo still have a life outside the world of typing/internet, and are mostly busy (myself included in that department). Whether it's college or high school or work, we've all got something to do. Your schedule is busy but if you sit down with no distractions (you could even unplug your internet so you don't get tempted), you can write a lot in an hour.

NaNo is about having fun though and squeezing in 500 words here and there to try and see what you can accomplish even with a busy/everyday schedule. Maybe just keep going with it and see how you get on?

Of course, life has to come first though. No point in getting 50k done for a personal achievement if you say you're behind at school.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff