Welcome to Gaia! ::

shevalove
Posting here because WoW is lagging too bad. Hello.

Yo.

EAT MY JORTS's Senpai

Hesitant Invader

tab when i hit a wall, i think about different scenes i want to include. it's generally just dialogue and i'll write everything else later, but yeah. jot those puppies down and it clears my head to keep going. since nano's just for a first draft (more about the word count than quality- that's what dec. is for) i don't worry too much about how shitty it is. this is my second year doing it and it hasn't failed me yet x:
Usually I would choose a.

Anxious Genius

professor bad touch

Thanks for the advice!
I've been making notes and such about what I'm wanting for the scene, but moving on to the next one. Then I hope to come back and tackle it. biggrin

Submerged Nymph

I am not your savior.

I go for grinding it out. I'd prefer to skip ahead, to be honest, but not doing things in order drives me nuts, so I have to suffer OTL

If it's really bad, I'll start thinking ahead and trying to mentally flesh things out until I can actually continue with the current part.

I am your downfall.

kremmit's Wife

Demonic Noob

9,400 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Novice Striker 150
  • Hellraiser 500
Moral Gutpunch
shevalove
Posting here because WoW is lagging too bad. Hello.

Yo.

yo

Magical Lover

Definitely choose A.
I just had to add in a dream scene of my character being raped (after almost being raped, then saved by a teammate before the pervert could do it), this time, with the teammate behind a wall of sorts, and only able to watch it happen...
just to get past my own wall and progress the story.

Basically, i wrote the scene I actually wanted to take place earlier in the novel... as it was a key point in it for my character.
With the wall situation, sometimes I freak out and start searching the internet for ideas (meaning tons of generators and sites I've never heard of before emo ).

Starting my stories are easy, but it's the plot and the climax that really get me stumbled. Personally, just like what people have said, plow through that stuff. Brainstorm crazy things if you must, write down a list of possibilities.

Introduce new characters? Put them in a dire situation, or skip the characters to somewhere else. Hope you can figure this out until the end! emotion_yatta

howyummydtd's Princess

Aged Seraph

I will gladly kill, smite, and punish my way through my characters to make them cooperate, but I haven't had to do that this time around. I find what does help immensely is dropping the day's 2000 words behind the dateline, so to speak. I've put some characters back towards the beginning of the story to keep things making sense, and to move and refine the story to what I intend for its outcome. I haven't progressed forward with it since last week I've been doing so much behind the frontlines. Oh well, as long as the wordcount is marching to the goal, I have no problems.

High-functioning Lunatic

Skip around
no pointing in glaring at a point you can't write until the illusive "inspiration" might decide to stop by

Shy Witch

31,850 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
My default 'I'm stuck what do I do' solution is to have zombies suddenly attack.
I guess it's the equivalent of Raymond Chandler's "When in doubt, have a man come through the door with a gun in his hand."

Only I like zombies better xD

It at least keeps the action moving and gets the characters to the next scene.

Usually I go back and edit it later and change "random zombie attacks!" something that makes a bit more sense for the plot, once I've thought of ideas.

Shadowy Rogue

16,215 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I am writing a fanfiction for Naruto OC fiction this year for Nanowrimo, I have hit a lot of walls the past few weeks, and I dealt with them by looking up certain characters that I am using or the geography of the story. If that doesn't work I take breaks then go back,and think about whats going to happen, how its going to happen, and then usually Ill start again.

Anxious Genius

Seriously loving the different routes people take to get the word count up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff