Welcome to Gaia! ::

Microsoft Word.

Speech recognition? That sounds sweet. I might look at that sometime.

Wheezing Phantom

11,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Word 2007, but I am digging the idea of typewriter sounds.

My other tools are Rainymood.com, Windows Media Player + Bonobo, my stubby digits, and Steam, for procrastinating like a boss.

I will not allow myself to play Batman: Arkham City until I've caught up on my word count. RAAAAHHHHH 9*A*)9
I use open office and a notebook when I don't have a computer/laptop near me.

Aside from that, when I am having trouble I use Write or Die. It's good motivation to know somebody is going to yell at me when I stopped writing for too long! I purchased it so I'm not dependant on the internet (and it's fun to see personal statistics 3nodding ).

Moonlight Seeker

11,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
i have a neverending love for paper and pencils/pens. they're all i ever wanna buy when i go to a store pretty much... beside play-doh and milk....
so since im writing on paper... i'll probably end up typing a lot later into microsoft word. =p
i would be a geek but maybe i cant afford it. ?
good luck mang!
edit: sry im a tree killer... i think of my love for paper all the time and feel a bit guilty....

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Nothing beats a good old pen with ink and a pad of paper.
O.O
*doom sfx*

Abominable Snowflake
i have a neverending love for paper and pencils/pens. they're all i ever wanna buy when i go to a store pretty much... beside play-doh and milk....
so since im writing on paper... i'll probably end up typing a lot later into microsoft word. =p
i would be a geek but maybe i cant afford it. ?
good luck mang!
edit: sry im a tree killer... i think of my love for paper all the time and feel a bit guilty....

Then does that makes me a tree killer too?
I have a MS Word right here but I still prefer to get down and dirty with ink - sometimes with lead.
I like writing more than typing. Sure, it is easier to edit in a computer but for me it is still easier to have your letters when they are written.
Openoffice and AbiWord when writing the actual novel and pen and paper when I need to literally map out a fight scene so it can make sense.

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
wRembrandt

I saw your UserName and a hotel immediately came into my mind. I dont know if they have the same spelling but for me they are one and the same without the initial 'w' in your UserName. ^^;

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
wRembrandt

Well?
Are they sharing the same spelling?
I'm dying to know here...
confused
Noryoku Kiyama
wRembrandt

Well?
confused

Google is your friend.

There is a Rembrandt hotel in Amsterdam, Bangkok, Weymouth and who knows where else! Don't know if one of those is the hotel you're thinking of, but it probably has a website cool

(Also, like, patience, my young grasshopper. Some people take longer than 17 minutes to reply wink )

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Yishami
Noryoku Kiyama
wRembrandt

Well?
confused

Google is your friend.

There is a Rembrandt hotel in Amsterdam, Bangkok, Weymouth and who knows where else! Don't know if one of those is the hotel you're thinking of, but it probably has a website cool

(Also, like, patience, my young grasshopper. Some people take longer than 17 minutes to reply wink )

He just tipped my first post instead of replying so I just jump in and post.
And I can't afford to open one more tab or window. My internet is not as good as it was earlier.
I was just curious really.
(First time for someone to call me a 'grasshopper', I like it. whee )
Noryoku Kiyama

Ow, sorry, I didn't know sweatdrop

(Yay! Someone who appreciates just how wonderful it is to be a grasshopper! *chirps*)

Buggy Punk

Reeds and clay tablets. MS Word and an old sketch pad for scribbles and notes and whatever else comes to mind.

Lonely Lover

I recently bought a full copy of MS Office
So I figured I would use it.
I have come to understand
That it isn't the best,
But it works for me,
So meh.

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Well, I use Emacs every day.

Plus, with a word processor, what I worry about:

• getting the page dimensions correct
  • making it look nice
  • fighting with autocorrect
  • choosing the right font
  • getting the right kerning
  • diddling with bold and italics
  • if I have time, the actual content

With Emacs, what I worry about:

• the content

'Nuff said!

bonestars
I had to look up those two things. I'm not using either of them, but my NaNoWriMo experience differs from the norm. Why did you choose those over just using a basic word processor?

Romantic Friend

15,475 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
My boyfriend, who does some kind of computer programming for the military, talks about Emacs a lot, but I have no clue what it is. He also owns some chatroom on IRC and somehow gets on Emacs and does things in there with it.

I missed the deadline, but I might try writing a novel next November. If I'm just writing pure text, I like to use a no-frills word processor like WordPad. WordPad is faster, and it doesn't try and do things with your formatting that it THINKS you want it to do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff