Welcome to Gaia! ::

4 459 words, 1.33333 chapters.
I get the impression I'm failing sadly at this, but meh. sweatdrop

So anyway, that's my point. I'm not making the word quota, but I'm still not giving up. I have this idea that's making me keep writing. I've dedicated the book to someone important to me and I'm not going to stop writing until I manage to have the full 75000 words I'm aiming for. And then I'm going to get it published. Or else. ._.
I have big dreams.... o u o
What inspired you to keep writing for NaNo? Are you simply inspired by the event, or do you have another reason to keep going?

Beloved Lightbringer

34,775 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
You're not failing, so don't give up! The important thing to remember, even more than how many words you're 'supposed' to write in a day, is why you are writing. If you don't enjoy it, you probably won't want to write it. So, make sure you write something that makes you look forward to it (even if the actual work of writing can get tiring. Because writing is work).

In my case, I promised my friend I would participate in NaNo, to give her moral support. As I've usually been too busy in November, I haven't done it before. (Ironically, I'm also horribly busy this year. But I made a promise.) I guess I keep going by setting a daily goal, and not letting myself slack off and not achieve it. Frankly, I know I can make the goal, so the only question is if I'm willing to do it. And I don't think there'd be much satisfaction for me in writing so much and falling short, you know? So, if I'm going to work towards a goal, then I'm going to achieve it.
I love love looooove all my characters. I'm obsessed with the plot concept. The settings are super interesting.. Uhhmmmm. Whatelse? Every time I use a really kewl simile or metaphor, I feel so proud that it pushes me to keep going. //so weird

I'm not really making the word quotas either, but like. 6.5k isn't a horrible number. I think I'll be okay if I keep trying at it. <3

I totally wanna get published too, so that's definitely DEFINITELYYY inspiring me to press on even when everything else is telling me to surrender.

6,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Do u like dogs/
You're not failing! Writing slowly is better than not writing at all, and just because you don't finish a novel in a month doesn't mean that you can't still finish it. :3

As for me, the desire to keep writing really just comes from a desire to create things. I really love making new characters and new worlds and stuff to play in, and NaNo just gives me an excuse to play around with those characters and that world a little longer. So. Yes.
Pumpkin the Bird
I love love looooove all my characters. I'm obsessed with the plot concept. The settings are super interesting.. Uhhmmmm. Whatelse? Every time I use a really kewl simile or metaphor, I feel so proud that it pushes me to keep going. //so weird

I'm not really making the word quotas either, but like. 6.5k isn't a horrible number. I think I'll be okay if I keep trying at it. <3

I totally wanna get published too, so that's definitely DEFINITELYYY inspiring me to press on even when everything else is telling me to surrender.

Mmm... I guess that is pretty cool, yeah. I wanted to do a different story all together, but I wrote out everything about my character and... And I guess it just stuck. I mainly got started writing it because I was on holiday at the time and I had nothing better to do. I stayed up through the night to keep writing... But I multitasked, and deleted a lot of the stuff I wrote. sweatdrop

Ugh. I wish there was a place where people could motivate each other!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff