Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
My pre planning is well. Except I have a soft spot for the plot rather than making the characters. They are in my mind, but I just don't feel like writing about them. I don't know what to write about. I feel their nature shows up in the story as I write. I have mini backgrounds on each, but that's all...I still need to come up witha name for a town/city/kingdom though. I need it to be creative...

I wish I had a kitty....nintendogs cats and dogs just doesn't cut it sad It's so sad.

5,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
This will be my 3rd year and I have yet to win but its fun regardless.

My best advice is right before Nano (like the night before) embark on a cleaning spree through the house or your room. Whatever your space is. I always work better if I have a clean environment.
This is my third year, and this will be my second success (if I succeed, haha). I just came up with an idea today and instead of outlining, I think I'll just do a few character worksheets and create a bunch of playlists. I can never think that far ahead and I absolutely detest outlines. My philosophy is that NaNoWriMo is to help you make the words, the editing and the plot fixing comes later, so I really don't see the use for an outline. But that's just me (:

That being said, does anyone know where I can find some really good character worksheets?

Witty Warrior

our sweetest downfall
I feel like I should create new characters for my NaNo project, but D: I have such a soft spot for all of them, and my characters kind of fit.

Sorry, characters are the most important part of the story and I don't have any other characters I can use, and making them up on the spot is silly.

Okay! How's pre-planning coming along for everyone else?
I say if you love characters then stick with them. My first two years I used the same three central characters in different universe and I am still completely in love with those characters, I have no doubt that they will make cameo appearances in future works of mine (:

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Mixy-Chan
My pre planning is well. Except I have a soft spot for the plot rather than making the characters. They are in my mind, but I just don't feel like writing about them. I don't know what to write about. I feel their nature shows up in the story as I write. I have mini backgrounds on each, but that's all...I still need to come up witha name for a town/city/kingdom though. I need it to be creative...

I wish I had a kitty....nintendogs cats and dogs just doesn't cut it sad It's so sad.

behindthename.com is good for suggestions. Also, you can take a word from the dictionary and tweak it. I've done that for random character names, and see no reason why ti cannot work for random place names.

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
infidus666
This will be my 3rd year and I have yet to win but its fun regardless.

My best advice is right before Nano (like the night before) embark on a cleaning spree through the house or your room. Whatever your space is. I always work better if I have a clean environment.

I started that the week before Halloween. I move slow.....

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
.a.r.a.s.h.i.
This is my third year, and this will be my second success (if I succeed, haha). I just came up with an idea today and instead of outlining, I think I'll just do a few character worksheets and create a bunch of playlists. I can never think that far ahead and I absolutely detest outlines. My philosophy is that NaNoWriMo is to help you make the words, the editing and the plot fixing comes later, so I really don't see the use for an outline. But that's just me (:

That being said, does anyone know where I can find some really good character worksheets?

LinksAPlenty has links to a few good noes. I have a whole bunch of writing information links posted there, and I've recently gone through and updated the pages, checking for deleted or broken links, and so forth. It's on Blogger. It's also on RSS feed for LiveJournal.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
So I'm curious to know what type of snacks people have on hand when writing. I like to snack, keeps me oddly focused but I'm not sure what to try this year.

Just noticed I didn't finished my sentence. sweatdrop

Witty Warrior

Malee
So I'm curious to know what type of snacks people have on hand when writing. I like to snack, keeps me oddly focused but I'm not sure.
So do I! Snacks are extremely important to my NaNo process (:
My go-to's are nutella, popcorn, and tic tacs. Not all at the same time haha. And off course an endless supply of coffee with hazelnut or peppermint creamer :3

Dangerous Gaian

9,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Malee
So I'm curious to know what type of snacks people have on hand when writing. I like to snack, keeps me oddly focused but I'm not sure what to try this year.

Just noticed I didn't finished my sentence. sweatdrop

Coffee or Coke, though sometimes Mountain Dew. Also green or Earl Grey tea.

I can't eat popcorn any more because of diverticulitis, but I found a new snack that I think is really good. Special K cracker chips. I saw two varieties, and I bought the sea salt ones first. They're fantastic! Although I love Raisinets too. Raisins and chocolate. Win-win. I also plan on keeping chilled, seedless grapes in the house, too. I don't need to worry about meals, except for defrosting them, because my sister sends ut a month's worth of frozen leftovers at a time. I call them my "mystery meals" because they can ne labeled as one thing, and end up quite another dish.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
That sounds yummy. My mom was trying to give me healthy ideas, she didn't seem to think living on coke and m+m was a good way to make it through a month. xp

Witty Warrior

Healthy stuff works too...I guess xD

But coke and m&ms would taste better!

5,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
Zero_unit Kouya
Malee
So I'm curious to know what type of snacks people have on hand when writing. I like to snack, keeps me oddly focused but I'm not sure.
So do I! Snacks are extremely important to my NaNo process (:
My go-to's are nutella, popcorn, and tic tacs. Not all at the same time haha. And off course an endless supply of coffee with hazelnut or peppermint creamer :3

Mmmmh nutella is wonderful

Revered Nerd

Wow, thread explosion.. again.

As for snacks that I use: popcorn, celery, carrots, apples, jicama. I basically like any fruit or veggie that is crunchy and does not make a huge mess when I drop it on my keyboard.
Luckily this year I have a dog to pick up the popcorn.

Witty Warrior

infidus666

Mmmmh nutella is wonderful
Nutella is a gift from the heavens
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This will be a dietary staple for me all next month xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces