Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Like today, I realized that I legitimately write better with my shoes off, which was a slight problem because I also write better outside. My feet are freezing, but I'm nearly at word count for today (;

So let me ask, my lovely NaNoers: What're some weird 'rituals' you do to get in the mood to write?

Vicious Hunter

6,800 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
<___<

>___>

Rituals? I need to chew on something to get going. Funny thing is, thanks to this long story I'll save for another day, I don't actually chew gum (though I could, if I wanted to). Meaning I have a supply of tootsie rolls and starburst and the like, but I'm not allowed any of it until I actually get started, even if it's just a little.

Oh, and I work better with a blanket on my lap. Seriously. I'm not even cold, I just like it there...sometimes I can get away with just putting on my bathrobe or something, though.

Noob

Get wasted.

Candyy Mann's Sweetheart

Stuffed Waffles

I'm usually kicking a pillow or drinking lots of water when I need to get in the mood of writing. sweatdrop

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I need some noise in the back ground, whether it be the TV, my music, or even both sometimes. I also need to have something to drink near by as well as something to munch on. ThenI good.

Millionaire

9,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Partygoer 500
            User Image

When love isn't true,
          it will die off and never return

After a snack, I turn my mp3 to the highest possible volume and tune into the "Writing Inspirations" folder, full of Greenday, Eminem, and a few other songs that I've put together myself. It was a pain to do, but I managed.

Oh yeah, I need to edit that. :/

So, I can't be hungry, and I nee music. I can't stand the TV and any other noise just makes me space out and get writer's block >,<

it will die and wither like rotten rosepetals,
                                  and flutter away like butterflies in the wind.
                                  3,163 /// 50,000

Generous Shapeshifter

6,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100
I have to have it absolutely quiet, and have something to munch on and a bottle of water so I don't have to go to the kitchen while I'm writing. If no one needs anything from me, I can write for hours at a time. Sadly, that doesn't happen that often.

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
I get the best ideas, and just *know* how everything should go-pacing, events, plot, characters, etc- when I do not have the time to sit and write it all down. stare

Loiterer

14,275 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Bidding War 100
Le King
Get wasted.
That gets you in the mood to write? Does it affect your writing at all? I mean, other than the typos you might make because of being drunk & all?
super roar
            User Image

When love isn't true,

After a snack, I turn my mp3 to the highest possible volume and tune into the "Writing Inspirations" folder, full of Greenday, Eminem, and a few other songs that I've put together myself. It was a pain to do, but I managed.

So, I can't be hungry, and I nee music. I can't stand the TV and any other noise just makes me space out and get writer's block >,<

3,163 /// 50,000

I do this too, I have to listen to music to get into the right frame of mind. It differs per project, but right now I'm listening to a lot of techno and metal.

Noob

Zamio
Le King
Get wasted.
That gets you in the mood to write? Does it affect your writing at all? I mean, other than the typos you might make because of being drunk & all?
Editing is for December. talk2hand

It doesn't mess with my grammar and it makes for somewhat ridiculous filler scenes.

But important s**t, especially when s**t is going down, or sex scenes = drunk = best s**t ever. dramallama

Millionaire

9,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Partygoer 500
Elisabell-angel enraged
super roar
            User Image

When love isn't true,

3,163 /// 50,000

I do this too, I have to listen to music to get into the right frame of mind. It differs per project, but right now I'm listening to a lot of techno and metal.
            User Image

When love isn't true,

When i edited my music i accidentally killed a few of my favorite songs. I got them back, but it took a bit, and dinner was done in the middle of the process. :{

oh well ;{

3,163 /// 50,000

Supportive Seraph

I'm almost always listening to music.
      It sometimes helps to start ranting about something or another.
      Taking a break to play a video game for thirsty minutes often helps.
      And they aren't kidding when they say you think the best while sitting on the porcelain throne.
      <_<;;

Shirtless Smoker

get high smile

Familiar Friend

7,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I need to be one of three things if I don't truly get a burst of insperation:

1. At work

2. _realy_ supposed to be doing somthing else.

3. This close // to missing and online school deadline.

The words just come out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces