Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Kitten

By forced I mean by parents, authoritive figures, or children, and situations in life such as work, illness, or school.

For me, I had to quit because I got horrible migranes at the end of the second week and into the third week. By the time I got up and running again, on Thursday, it just became too much to handle. That, and my parents were worried about the stress I had over the deadline.

Just curious if anyone else had this issue?

Friendly Dabbler

I've almost had to drop NanoWriMo twice so far :C

The first time was because my mother didn't think it was a "valuable use of my time". It was more of because my little sisters wanted turns on my computer and they whined when I told them I was using it, but we eventually worked out something resembling a schedule to fix that.

Then, near the beginning of week two, my teacher assigned a fourteen paragraph paper and another project, both of which took up all of my time for the entirety of that week. I fell so far behind (about 15,000 words) that I decided I would never finish and completely dropped my story. I got into a writing mood over the weekend, however, and am getting nearer to being caught up, so I think I have hope for my story yet C:
I've always wanted to try the challenge, but school always gets in the way. Maybe next year. Or maybe I can just try doing it in February (an even greater challenge on non-leap years)

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
Not forced-usually when someone wants me to stop doing something I enjoy or am working on,I just dig my heels in deeper and tell them to ******** off. But I did get sidetracked this year with the release of the book Inheritance and dead mans shadow on zomg.
Alice fell into Wonderland...

This is my first year in High School and I was forced to drop the challenge in the first week because homework got to be too much and I just needed some non-stressful downtime in order to get any sleep whatsoever.

...but I never came out.

Enduring Elocutionist

Alice Has a Wonderland
Alice fell into Wonderland...

This is my first year in High School and I was forced to drop the challenge in the first week because homework got to be too much and I just needed some non-stressful downtime in order to get any sleep whatsoever.

...but I never came out.

Highschool? Psh, just wait 'til college sweetcheeks. Five classes, four with multi-page assignments and heavily weighted exams. I could only squeeze in 5,000 words before I had to give up on the NaNo to save my grades and sanity.

I'm still going to work on my draft though, not as a NaNo, but just as a first draft in general. I just wanted to use this challenge as a kickstarter, anyway.

Sparkling Pieslinger

I dunno about forced, but I did quit at 10k words, lol. Hated the story too much. Trying to make fun of another story that I hate was a bad idea. Hate it too much to continue making fun of it. XD

Nurse Zak 's Queen

School/work screwed me over. And my insomnia started up again because of all the stress.
Yeah... school suddenly decided to give me huge projects for within 1 month, and several tests.

Maybe next year?

6,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Befriended 100
        /raises hand.
        it was mostly schoolwork that did it for me. but i'm going to attempt to
        reach at least 25K before the end of the challenge. so i have roughly
        five days. time to pump out words ~ LOL.
Yeah, my sister decided to take it upon herself to steal my computer and not let me on at all this month. Both mom and I are very talented writers, but my sister refuses to let us do our s**t because she has to spend all day on microsoft paint. Now is the first time i've been able to get on all month and its far to late to get any writing done.

Moral of the story: mom hid the knife rack for a reason

7,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Before it even started, babe. November's the busiest month for me.

Blessed Kitten

Yunachu
Yeah... school suddenly decided to give me huge projects for within 1 month, and several tests.

Maybe next year?

Same here!

4,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
yeah...... school and other things makes it hard
I'm on page 10......I won't finish
I'm sorry about your headaches ><

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items