Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
While I don't have a title, I'll happily share chapter one for people to read.

As I wandered into through the front doors of the castle we called home, my first and only thought was simple. "I'm never going to hear the end of this." I thought, slowly making my way to my office. "She's going to have a field day lecturing me after this little incident." Reaching my office, I meandered over to my desk, plopping down in the leather chair and sighing. "Well," I said with a slight breathe, "better get this over with." With my good, and only currently functioning arm, I grabbed the phone and dialed in the extension for our resident medical leader. "What?!" I heard her say as she picked up. I couldn't blame her, it was three in the morning and I had undoubtedly woke her up. "Lexi, I'm back. I could use your expert opinion on a few problems I have. " I said into the receiver knowing that it would get her to my office quicker. As I heard the line get slammed down from the other end, I knew she was rushing. She always did when it came to me. Then again, I was pretty much like her older brother and she couldn't help but feel slightly protective of me. As I waited for her to arrive I did what I always did after a long, aggravating mission. I opened the bottom left drawer of my desk and pull out the flask of whiskey I kept in there and took a long slow drink. "Why does that always help." I muttered to myself, looking up only to see my office door being almost kicked off it's hinges by Lexi, two of her underlings in tow. "Jamysun Xander O'Malley, what the hell did you do this time." she said, staring me down. She was definitely angry but I could see her fighting back a few tears. She was obviously happy to have me back, but in my current physical state, I'm not sure how much she was going to be willing to admit it right now. "Lexi, help first, explanations later, when people that don't need the details are gone." I told her, nodding towards her assistants who were currently trying to stay awake. Sighing, Lexi took her supplies from the two, set them on my desk and shooed them away. Glad to be relieved, the two assistants quickly rushed out of my office. I couldn't blame them either. They knew what I was in store for. They also knew better than to stay too long in my office.

Allow me to finally introduce myself. My name is Jamysun Xander O'Malley. I am the chief operative of a group of assassins known only as Angeles de La Muerte, or The Angels of Death. I didn't choose to be what I am, I was chosen. I was raised by the organization. I grew up learning all the methods and skills I employed on a nearly daily basis. I also now teach those skills to new and upcoming assassins of the organization. As the chief operative, I only answer to five people. The secret heads of the organization that run high powered companies in the outside world. They are known only as The Senses to the rookies and trainees. I was also the only one that 7 other people had to answer to. They are my friends, my equals, my fellow Archangels. Lexi is one of those Archangels. Now please, understand that what we do, not all agree with it, and that's fine. You may even think of us as villains. That's perfectly fine. Many people do, and I can't blame them. For a while I was one of those people. I was orphaned at the age of two by the Angels. I was adopted by the man, who at the time was in my position, at the age of five. When I grew older and learned why my life had took the turn it did, only then did I truly understand the reason for out existence. I embraced it in fact. I knew that without us, the world could very easily descend into complete and utter chaos.

As I sat back in my leather chair, Lexi giving me the very disapproving look that she learned from the previous head of the medical wing of the Angels, I awaited the lecture that was sure to come from her. I was surprised, however, with a hug and tears falling on the shoulder of my good arm. "Don't ever disappear like that again. I know that since you're the leader, all you have to do is leave a sign on your door saying mission and that's that, but please, tell me personally. Please. After the first month went by I really began to worry." she said pushing herself off of my good side, getting to work at examining my left, and pretty much useless arm. "Was I really gone that long?" I thought, watching her getting to work. "I couldn't have been. Could I?" Retracing my steps, I slowly worked it back to the day I had left for the assignment. I really had been gone for nearly two months. "Wow, I need to start handing those assignments over to the Archangels that can afford to be gone for that long." I thought, seeing Lexi shaking her head in aggravation. "So doc, what's the verdict?" I asked her in a playful tone trying to cheer her up. Getting the glare again, I knew she was about to finally dig into me. "Well, first off, you've nearly completely separated you biceps from the bone. That's going to take MONTHS to heal, and that's the best news for you. You were smart to cauterize this wound when you did though. Something sliced through an artery and had you let it bleed, you would have been dead long ago. Also your humorous is fractured, and that's going to hamper the healing of your bicep, so you have that to look forward to." she said, never once taking her eyes off of me and my cheesy grin slowly fading from my face. "Other than that, nothing looks too serious. You're getting off lucky. I don't understand why you choose to take some of the assignments you do. You know that you're going to come back here hurting, and tore up. You know that there are better suited Archangels amongst us for some of the ones you go one. How many times do I have to remind you of these things Jamysun." Lexi said, never once missing a chance to dig in a word harshly when she felt she could. "Look, Lexi. I know where you're going with this and I understand, but half the time I'm afraid that if I don't go, and I send someone else, they may not come back. Whether they are better suited for the assignment or not. We both know I have that odd bit of luck on my side when it comes to things like this." Reaching for my flask again, it quickly got snatched out of my hand. "None of this. It'll only hamper your recovery. In fact since you seem to be determined to come back hurt so much, I'm now making it my personal mission to drive some sense into you. And while you're recovering that is exactly what I plan to do." Lexi said, pocketing my flask, grinning.

Sometimes it didn't help to be as close as I was to her. She was practically my little sister. We had been raised in the organization together. Went through training together. Hell, we even got into some real trouble together. However, there was nobody I'd trust more with my life. Which is exactly why when she was chosen to be the successor to the Medical wing of the organization, I pushed her to dive into her training with everything she had. Helped her whenever she needed it. Thinking back on it now, I may be the cause for all my problems when I come back hurt. I pushed her into being as overprotective as she is. Then again, there could be another reason. Eight years ago, Lexi had disappeared. Like off the face disappeared. None of us knew where she was or why she had disappeared, well except for the person she was to take over for. None of us actually knew that though. It wasn't until two years ago, when I took over as the chief operative that she came back. She didn't come back alone however. Asleep in the backseat of the car she arrived in was a little girl. Within a week of her return, and her taking the role that she had been trained for, she came to me and explained everything and begged me to forgive her. She said that she had to disappear completely. To cut us all off if she was going to get the help she did from the former Medical chief. All that did was anger me at the former chief. She had known where the girl that was like my sister was and didn't tell me. All the time I spent worrying. All the time I spent diving even harder into my training, looking to only use it for revenge. It was also then that it hit me. It had been done on purpose. I had never really wanted to be too busy. I had always been given the easiest assignments because I never really liked what we did and didn't want to get too involved if I could help it. I was played for the fool and it made me the leader that I had become. The man that knew revenge isn't always necessary, because sometimes, just sometimes, there is another answer there waiting for you to see it. It made me the person who learned that when the ends justify the means, there is nothing that you can't do. That includes taking the lives of the people out to ruin the world. As I had listened to Lexi's explanation, I learned of how she had fallen for one of the other Angels that she was routinely sent out with. How they developed feeling for one another, and how on the mission that was the last one she was on, she learned that she was pregnant and how the man she had grown to love, sacrificed himself to allow her to escape an assignment that had turned sour. On the day that everything was explained to me, not just by Lexi, but by Charles, my mentor and adoptive father, who is now one of The Senses, and Lucretia, the former Medical chief, I took my role as Archangel number one, and vowed that as long as I could control it, none of us would die again. Of course I knew that my personal vow would never be completely possible. I knew that there would be instances beyond my control, but it was why I always took days, if not weeks to assign people to missions.

Looking at Lexi as she dug through her supplies looking for something, I continued to think back on the day she returned. The surprise I felt when I saw that she was alive. Not only was she alive, she had a daughter. A little girl named Emerald. It reminded me that everything we do has results. We sometimes leave children orphans. I had been a result of an Angels assignment. I had been one of those orphans once. I only learned that when Charles finally thought it time to tell me. I lunged at him when he told me of course. Who wouldn't when they hear they were adopted by the someone that had been involved with their parents deaths. I told him on that day that I never wanted to be involved in leaving orphans. I couldn't do it. He of course saw otherwise in me. He knew I could, but that it would be hard for him. As hard as it was for him, and it was the guilt of his first assignment that left an orphan that led to him adopting that orphan. He was referring to me and knowing that when push came to shove, with all he had taught me, that he knew I would do the right thing in the very end. Snapping out of my memories, I felt Lexi inject me with what I could only assume to have been antibiotics. "Hey! Warn a guy next time." I shouted, jumping slightly as the needle entered my arm close to the wound. "I did warn you, a**. Pay attention more instead of dreaming and you'll hear me. Anyway, like I was saying, Emy has been asking about you for the last week. She thinks you ran away cause you got tired of her." Lexi said, putting the needle and syringe aside, only to grab another. "You know, you spoil my daughter much more and it's going to cause problems." She had a point, I did tend to spoil her daughter. Then again, if I saw Lexi as my sister, then Emerald would be my niece in my mind, so I felt I had the right to. "I can't help it. She's like my niece, you think I wouldn't spoil family?" I asked, only to get an eye roll and sigh. As Lexi began to gather all her supplies, I placed a hand one one of hers. "Leave it. You can get it after someone sleep. Bring someone to help you. Besides, it'll give you an excuse to come up here and lecture me more, which I can tell you want to." I said smirking, getting a hand upside the back of my head. "Oh, I'll be back, excuse or not. You need the lecture. Besides, SOME people have been getting restless around here, and you have a huge stack of assignments to hand out." she said, placing on hand on her hip, glaring at me, "Plus, we have some trainees due to receive their skill assessments that you have to over see. You have some one on one specialty training you've promised some of the rookies. You have calls to return to Charles and Jackson. You better be getting the rest Jamysun, because now that you're back, and with that injury not going anywhere for a long time, I'm going to make you're life insane." Lexi said with a smirk before leaving my office. Sighing, I looked at my desks' bottom left drawer wishing I had left the flask in there until now. "It's going to be a long recovery." I sighed, getting up and heading to my private chambers.

I also have a favorite line, it's in chapter 3. Here it is,
Okay kiddo. Time to make some trainees cry.

Blessed Kitten

strapped15
xSatashi
strapped15
Greatest Book of All Time
"We can't just give up guys! We are a stronger generation! We survived the end of the world twice. Beiber Fever. We even survived Rebecca Black! And now you're going to quit because your teacher has a 50 foot monster under her control?!"

This deserved ONE FREE INTERNET ;u;

Although I'm curious, what is your book about?

Me and my friends find a magic notebook (it controls reality), our english teacher takes it and creates a 50 foot monster named symbolism so that we do our work or say symbolism exists.

That would make an interesting story for a school essay, to be honest. Writing about symbolism and stuff. ouo

Blessed Kitten

Aurea Noctis
xSatashi
Aurea Noctis

Oh that sounds really cool!!!! biggrin I'd like to read it, or at least some of it. It sounds like something I'd be interested in, fantasy is my thing~ xD

I love writing fantasy, but the closet to actually reading it sort of . . . stops at a select few vampire novels/series and Harry Potter. xD

Thank you so much, though! I'm really glad someone's interested in it. >u< Makes me uber happy.

Oh, don't give up on reading it! The issue is, it's really really hard to write a fantasy story because no one knows the setting, culture, situation, etc etc...so you have to really describe it well. So most fantasy stories are eh at best. But there are some really good ones too! xd

Well, if you have a chapter or two that I can read...y'know, now...I'd be happy to. xD

It's just so hard finding good fantasy novels that I enjoy. Harry Potter and Cirque Du Freak were just... oh my God, so fun to read!

Oh yes, indeed. It's extremely hard because this one is technically post apocalyptic earth we're talkin ;A;
Mine is based off of Han's Christian Anderson's The Snow Queen :3

Quote:
“What’s his name? This friend of yours.” Ana asked, apprehension clear on her face. “So you know, this time I’m prepared. The last acquaintance of yours I met kidnapped and drugged me. Is this man young? Old? Tall? Short?”

“His name is Krage and he’s very ugly so try not to stare.”
Well, I have been working on a Kuroshitsuji fanfiction, as much as I hate stealing characters and such. Is fanfic allowed even? I don't know. confused

Anyways, the title I mashed together from two existing ones to create the masterpiece that is "A Midsummer Night's Dream Story" (Yeah, many people don't usually get that "Dream Story" is the novel version of Eyes Wide Shut).

The summary: It's a warm summer night in the city of London as the shinigami are working overtime. Then some awkward events happen, some strange memories are recalled, and the story ensues. I couldn't be more vague. sweatdrop

My favorite quote so far? Probably from chapter 2:
Quote:
'There's that pretty face.'

*nosebleed*
-Title
In the Dragon's Shadow (May change later)
-Characters
I have a few. My main characters are:
Monoch: A silver haired Monoch of an Order long forgotten.
Pure: A blindfolded man, apprentice to Monoch, holding a dark secret.
-Favourite part

His screams echoed through the stone halls of the prisons, only to be followed by the strike of a whip. For hours he had been beaten, tortured, struck, cut, and broken. He wore nothing but tattered pants, now stained with his own blood. The world had gone misty and dark as the pains overwhelmed his senses. Numbness filled his legs and arms as he dangled from his chains, barely alive.
Finally the chains were released. He fell to his knees. Hands grabbed him under the arms and dragged him. The gloomy torchlight fed his eyes the sight of more stone, and bars holding other prisoners. In and out of consciousness he spiralled. Suddenly, everything stopped. He was put down. Foot steps in front of him. He looked up. A man dressed in black robes stared down at him. Blood red eyes seemed to pierce right through him. He muttered words that were to far off to hear. Lifted to his feet, he turned to see what was going on. One of his captives had left him for a moment, and was now returning, something silver in his hand. The agony and pain flowing through his body made it difficult to focus his eyes. Too late did he realise what the object was.
A blood curdling roar escaped his throat as his sight was taken from him. Hot blood flowed like tears. Other senses heightened in moments. Thud. Thud. The sound of small objects falling to the floor, discarded forever. He fell once again to his knees, crying out in a pain unlike any he had ever experienced before.

But only because I enjoy writing things like that.

Also, I am aware my writing sucks, but that doesn't stop me from writing blaugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces