Welcome to Gaia! ::

What you have to do is:

A) Read the post above your post. You must submit the post, then edit it, so that you're completely sure who you're naming.
B) Suggest a title name for the post above you. In the same post, post your/a plot line.
C) Wait patiently for the next person to come along.

If you are the first poster after this thread is started, don't worry about giving me a book title. Only submit your plot.

Some rules and guidelines are:

- Be polite. Don't trash anyone's book ideas.
- Write a suggestion for a book title for the person above you, after reading about his or her plot.
- There may be no swearing in the book title suggestions UNLESS the person above you specifies that s/he does not mind.
- Everything in this thread will be kept within Gaia's Terms Of Service.
- When I say "everything", I mean e v e r y t h i n g. This includes, of course, the rule about plagiarism.
- We will also all comply to Gaia's Rules and Guidelines.

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
This sounds fun. Let me see if I can't give the basic plot without using the synopsis.

Jamysun Xander O'Malley is the Leader and Chief Operative of a deadly organization of assassins know simply as Angeles de La Muerte, or Angels of Death. Known to be a lethal and untouchable organization to the under world of crime, as Leader, he answers to only five people, The Senses. The people who help keep the organization hidden from the outside world as well as fund it. However, it seems that one of The Senses has decided that the Angels have outlived their usefulness, and is determined to destroy them from within. With only an idea of who is behind it, will Jamysun be able to stop them? Will stopping them even be possible? Can he do it without getting himself or any of the other Angels killed in the process? Only time shall tell.

Lucky Millionaire

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Millionaire 200
Master of Poisons Ryaz

Hmmm...
A Sense of Death, perhaps?
Sounds like the name of a cheap mystery novel, though. O/////o

Let me see if I can explain mine without giving too much away...

My story is based loosly on the song Shout by Tears for Fears. It's about a sociopath named Gary Smith, the main villain from a game called Bully. It takes place 15 years after the game's ended. Gary was locked in an asylum, rejecting and even mentally breaking any psychiatrist who tries to 'cure' him. A woman by the name of Wendy Sinclair is yet another one of these doctors. She is trying to gain his trust and help him unlock the emotions he had locked away, and he is trying to break her and cope with what she is slowly unlocking.

I haven't much else, I'm afraid.

6,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Survivor 150
Lady Snookeroo
Master of Poisons Ryaz

Hmmm...
A Sense of Death, perhaps?
Sounds like the name of a cheap mystery novel, though. O/////o

Let me see if I can explain mine without giving too much away...

My story is based loosly on the song Shout by Tears for Fears. It's about a sociopath named Gary Smith, the main villain from a game called Bully. It takes place 15 years after the game's ended. Gary was locked in an asylum, rejecting and even mentally breaking any psychiatrist who tries to 'cure' him. A woman by the name of Wendy Sinclair is yet another one of these doctors. She is trying to gain his trust and help him unlock the emotions he had locked away, and he is trying to break her and cope with what she is slowly unlocking.

I haven't much else, I'm afraid.

Hmm....

"to Tell the Tale", perhaps? Using a quote always adds a touch of class. biggrin
(Let it All Out would work better, actually...)

My story is a sort of semi-Victorian fantasy. It focuses heavily on court intrigue and the motives of individual characters. Magic and politics are seamlessly interwoven. If I tried to be any more specific, I'd be here for days.

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Aevona

My story is a sort of semi-Victorian fantasy. It focuses heavily on court intrigue and the motives of individual characters. Magic and politics are seamlessly interwoven. If I tried to be any more specific, I'd be here for days.

Perfumed Intrigue?
The Spy in the Petticoat?

Not much to work with.

My plot:
Lilith was raised with the belief that women were superior to men. Her only goal in life was to find the perfectly rich man who can take care of her, not caring whom she trampled to get there. When her mom reaches the top, she shoves Lilith out to find her own fortune. Exiled to live with a man who might be her birth father, Lilith feels like she's in Hillbilly Hell. Then she meets two different men: Ricky, the handsome guy she is very sexually attracted to, but aspires to be a poor teacher and is part Mexican, and Jullien, a sauve and evil vampire who can give her untold wealth and eternal beauty, but she's not attracted to at all. Can she break free from her mother's teachings and go for true love, or will she be a product of her upbringing and pick the diabolical undead?

Fashionable Explorer

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Title Suggestions:
Bleeding Hearts [Bleeding makes me think of vampires; it's also the nickname for a type of flower]
Mother's Milk [Since she seems so attached to her mother's teachings]
The Chains That Hold My Heart [the 'chains' being a metaphor for her mother's lessons and her desire to marry rich.]

"In Kanafeh, a land of fantasy created from man's unending interstellar wanderlust, all magic has been banned for nearly a hundred years. Mara, a girl born with magic, must live a life hidden from society. But when her existence is revealed, she must leave home in order to protect her family. However, when Mara reaches the destination an ancient map led her to, she not only finds herself in the middle of a safe haven, but in the middle of a rebellion determined to bring back magic and bring down the tyrannical monarchy. When it comes to light that the rebellion's seer has been lying to Mara about her family's well being, will she abandon the rebellion that's come to rely on her in order to protect her family?"

ThePoopThatPeed's Significant Otter

Dapper Dabbler

Mew_Blackberri

"In Kanafeh, a land of fantasy created from man's unending interstellar wanderlust, all magic has been banned for nearly a hundred years. Mara, a girl born with magic, must live a life hidden from society. But when her existence is revealed, she must leave home in order to protect her family. However, when Mara reaches the destination an ancient map led her to, she not only finds herself in the middle of a safe haven, but in the middle of a rebellion determined to bring back magic and bring down the tyrannical monarchy. When it comes to light that the rebellion's seer has been lying to Mara about her family's well being, will she abandon the rebellion that's come to rely on her in order to protect her family?"

Suggestions:
+ Kanafeh (A common idea for stories taking place in other realms is to simply name them after that realm.)
+ In the Veins of Mara (referring to the magic Mara has locked inside.)

- + - + - + -
NOTE: I just typed out a crude overview of the plot. Forgive me.

"While the people on Earth bask in the sunlight, he sleeps. When those same people sleep, he watches over them; it's been the same routine for a millenia. But when Orion wakes one day, expecting to begin the same humdrum routine, he notices something; Earth is closer than it was before. In fact, it was still getting closer as he watched. He could make out all the park benches in time square. He could see the expressions everyone below. He could even make out every blade of grass. And, in a moment, it all vanished. Orion woke in a bed; A human bed. What was happening? Where was he?"
Uh... @Hebonics.

"Relative Distance"? Apparently I'm real bad at doing this.

Mine: Ahem. It's a fanfic. Feel free to troll me for it.

For a kappa, it means a new moon, and the destruction of the land she called home.
For a Personality Core turned into a cyborg, it means freedom from the place he once used to run.
For a young detective, it means unlimited power.
For a teenager afflicted with a poison that medicine has no cure for, it means love with a complete stranger and absolutely no memory.
For the girl who just so happened to live on the host world, it means the Apocalypse.

Arg. Summaries hate me.

9,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
@Storylab Sonicflight;
Circuitry? Oh, or Variable, which I happen to like more.
I'm not good at titles, haha. Which is why I usually leave it for last!

Ah... let's go wiiiiiith...

This rogue has to team up with a cursed dragon to stop an abomination from devouring the Heart Of The Ancient, as doing so will grant him unflinching power across the universe. Additionally, the continent is being slaughtered and no one has the time or energy to throw behind the rogue and cursed dragon, making it a very uphill battle.

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100
I'm inclined to 'The Quantico Lawyer,' for my novel, but not too sure.

Synopsis:

A Warrant Officer in the Marine Corps, Eric Summer had everything a jarhead could ever imagine. A prestige and worthy career, and thousands of Marines who wanted to be like him. He thought he was living a dream, until one morning he was summoned into his commander’s office. Then s**t hit the fan, and his world turned into a walking nightmare. The Israeli General has been assassinated, and Eric Summer is believed to be the person who pulled the trigger, since it was done during a difficult situation in an impossible fashion. Now J.A.G. and the C.I.A. have him in custody. Sentenced to life in Quantico, the jarhead who once acclaimed a hero, is now known as a traitor working alongside a well known terrorist group called Al-Queada. He needs to get to the bottom of this, and receives unexpected aide from his lawyer and is determined to prove his innocence. However, people want him dead.

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Williams Wallace

A Warrant Officer in the Marine Corps, Eric Summer had everything a jarhead could ever imagine. A prestige and worthy career, and thousands of Marines who wanted to be like him. He thought he was living a dream, until one morning he was summoned into his commander’s office. Then s**t hit the fan, and his world turned into a walking nightmare. The Israeli General has been assassinated, and Eric Summer is believed to be the person who pulled the trigger, since it was done during a difficult situation in an impossible fashion. Now J.A.G. and the C.I.A. have him in custody. Sentenced to life in Quantico, the jarhead who once acclaimed a hero, is now known as a traitor working alongside a well known terrorist group called Al-Queada. He needs to get to the bottom of this, and receives unexpected aide from his lawyer and is determined to prove his innocence. However, people want him dead.

I'm thinking Trade Side

My story:
Blaine is a boy with an extremely rare condition. His back cannot straighten or else it might break and potentially kill him. He meets a girl named Winter who accepts him for him. A girl named Samantha is also in deep desire of Blaine. She keeps trying to flirt with him every time she can. She also lives next door, so she flirts with him there too.
Later, Blaine and Winter discover that she is pregnant by somebody else's child. She has no idea who. Blaine does some digging and finds out the guy died one month later from drunk driving. Blaine starts taking care of Winter. Winters friends vanish from her life. Samantha makes it look like Blaine has been cheating. Blaine gets Samantha and her friend to tell the truth.
Later, Blaine's friend Luke, whom he hasn't seen in person for years, stops by to visit for a few days during the summer. Luke makes friends with Samantha. Luke tells Blaine about the good time, and Blaine is convinced that Samantha didn't really want Blaine. Blaine talks with Samantha that night. They get their issues worked out and decide to start over.
Then Winter gives birth to quadruplets and one is born dead. Dispite Blaine's family having more than enough money to take care of the infants, it's too much for Blaine and Winter to handle, so they give up the infants for adoption. This puts emotional trauma on Blaine and Winter that may last forever.

TL;DR It's a teen pregnancy story, and another girl is trying to steal the guy away from the pregnant girl.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff