Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
I've only written 167 words today. emotion_awesome I better pick it up.

On that note, what do you do to say motivated? (I've tried Write or Die, but I hated it tremendously.)

Lucky Millionaire

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Millionaire 200
I hate that suggestion. My personal daily goals are 2,500 words. It says I finish one day, but I'll finish a week earlier. Xp

I motivate by listening to songs I think fit the plot.

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
Lady Snookeroo
I hate that suggestion. My personal daily goals are 2,500 words. It says I finish one day, but I'll finish a week earlier. Xp

I motivate by listening to songs I think fit the plot.

I actually made a big playlist of fitting music, and haven't listened to it since I made it. rolleyes I'm already 4000ish words behind anyway. I'm going to have to catch up this weekend I guess. Unless I get in the groove later tonight.

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Me personally, I use music and talking to my wife to help motivate me. I tell her what I've written and she critiques that, giving me ideas on things to fix or explain that might not make sense if I don't. That tends to help me get the word counts I need.
I usually try to get 2,000 words a day. However, this NaNo has been a catastrophe for me, so I'm currently going for 4,000 a day, until I catch back up.

As for motivation, staying active on NaNoWriMo forums helps me stay motivated. Other people talking about how well they are doing keeps me going, because I'm competitive and if others can win, I can too.

On that same train of thought, I also enjoy word wars. The competitive nature of the war, and just sitting down to write for 10 or 15 minutes straight, as quickly as I can, helps me reach daily word goals.

Fashionable Ladykiller

10,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I actually love Write or Die. I usually set it to normal because the punishment it the sound of an ill-tuned and incorrectly played violin, which encourages me to practice my own fiddle so I don't end up sounding like that. XDD
I love Write or Die as well. xD
But besides that, it reeaally really helps to stay active on the forums and team up with other writers. Today (or yesterday, rather), I did the 'split 11,111 words with a buddy' challenge, and managed to write 5,560 words just from the motivation not to let my partner down. Most I've ever written of a story in one day in my entire life, probably. :]

Otherworldly Convert

I dared my sister and fellow nano'r to a word war.

oh, and "I can change the record if I reach this goal..."

I'm also addicted to updating my wordcount! whee

(and then there's my creative writing class....I'm IN THERE and BORED....why not write? The teacher doesn't even care if I listen to my ipod.)

Hygenic Nerd

8,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Nerd 50
  • First step to fame 200
I have 16520 words now. mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers