Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, this is my first year doing NaNoWriMo and I was wondering how many chapters you could actually make out of 50,000 words. I'm going to be working on my outline later and I wanted to know because it would really help.

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I think that fully depends on how long you want to make your chapter. I have a little over 7K words right now and have maybe 5 chapters, maybe less depending on how I put it together later.

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
There isn't really an answer to your question. It all depends on the length of your chapters.

I was reading on the NaNo site that 50,000 words is roughly 175 pages.
Master of Poisons Ryaz
I think that fully depends on how long you want to make your chapter. I have a little over 7K words right now and have maybe 5 chapters, maybe less depending on how I put it together later.

Oh ok, yeah I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Noob

I'm dotting over short chapters because my story calls for it, but on average for me 50k words is only like 6 chapters. sad

Devoted Cleric

19,625 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
I've seen books which have some chapters that are less than a page long...
Chapters can be any length you want them to be; less than a page, 2 pages, 5 page, 30 pages.
Just put them in where they make sense to you.

Big Smoker

chapters don't have anything to do with word count, just where the break in the story seems natural. :/
you should only worry about your word count after you finish writing and check to see what it is.
or if it's the last week and you have half your book written.

Wheezing Hoarder

10,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
There isn't really an answer to your question. It all depends on the length of your chapters.

Actually, it's more like 75, not 175, but that depends of course on how you break up the page. Last year I had 50,200 words and 81 pages.

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
Juliette06
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Actually, it's more like 75, not 175, but that depends of course on how you break up the page. Last year I had 50,200 words and 81 pages.
I was just saying what they had posted on the site.

Quote:
What is NaNoWriMo?
National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing on November 1. The goal is to write a 50,000 word, (approximately 175 page) novel by 11:59:59, November 30.

Source
Noonday Guile
chapters don't have anything to do with word count, just where the break in the story seems natural. :/
you should only worry about your word count after you finish writing and check to see what it is.
or if it's the last week and you have half your book written.

Ok, yeah that makes sense. I was just kinda freaking out cause I've never done this before.
So thanks for all the replies guys! I guess I'll goes go with the flow of the story to decide how many chapters I want. Thanks again.
Don't think about chapters. Whenever I write a first draft I don't even have chapter breaks. If you over think it, it will just get complicated.
Elisabell-angel enraged
Don't think about chapters. Whenever I write a first draft I don't even have chapter breaks. If you over think it, it will just get complicated.

Ok THanks!
This is my 2nd year doing it (I didnt win last year sadly) and well, writing about 1667 words a day is a lot XD Im about 4500 words in and I need to reach my mark tonight of 5000 XD;;;

But usually depends on how you break up your story smile

YOU CAN DO IIIIT! DONT GIVE UP! I believe in yooou! ^0^ <3

NaNoWriMo writers, UNITE! heart
Aloysha Vashchenko
This is my 2nd year doing it (I didnt win last year sadly) and well, writing about 1667 words a day is a lot XD Im about 4500 words in and I need to reach my mark tonight of 5000 XD;;;

But usually depends on how you break up your story smile

YOU CAN DO IIIIT! DONT GIVE UP! I believe in yooou! ^0^ <3

NaNoWriMo writers, UNITE! heart

Haha, Thanks!!! Yeah I still need to do my outline!! Ughh I'm gonna do some serious writing this weekend cause most of next week I'm gonna be preparing for our schools fall play. I'm the sound tech for it and it's gonna be hectic, seeing as how we're only bringing in the sound a couple days before the first show. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff