Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Friend

When I want to edit it and publish it, will nanowrimo have to get some credit or money or something since I put the original in their website?

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Your work will not go on the NaNoWriMo site. The word counter does not store any information. No. You are not obligated to NaNo in any way. Its your work of fiction.

Familiar Friend

ZaiaFantasy
Your work will not go on the NaNoWriMo site. The word counter does not store any information. No. You are not obligated to NaNo in any way. Its your work of fiction.

Don't i have to upload the pages for proof, but don't have to share it? Thanks!

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
No. You copy and paste the pages onto an official counter for proof but the counter on tallies and does not store any of the content.

Exhibitionist

What Zaia said.
If you read the NaNoWriMo schedule, actually, it says specifically, a load of times, "Back up your story!" There are several days meant for this especially. This is because when you copy+paste into the NaNoWriMo website, all it does is tally your words. It will not save your story--that's completely your responsibility. NaNo is meant to help writers improve and to gain self-esteem by reaching an established goal by offering a network in which to find motivation and inspiration from other writers, while offering the same to them.

It is in no way, shape, or form interested in getting money out of your work. They have absolutely no legal venues through which to do this. All they get is a number for your word count that's listed with your username. The story is entirely yours, as you were the one wrote it (or will write it).

Moonlight Seeker

11,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
ZaiaFantasy
No. You copy and paste the pages onto an official counter for proof but the counter on tallies and does not store any of the content.

that's interesting, so no one reads your novel on the site?

i was wondering if i could participate without joining the site. =)

and btw, I've seen you post in other threads and every time I thought your avatar was beautiful!

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Abominable Snowflake
ZaiaFantasy

and btw, I've seen you post in other threads and every time I thought your avatar was beautiful!

Thank you! I like simple...to me it's pretty!

No one on site can read your novel so you can join without fear.

Distinct Hunter

2,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Medalist 100
whats's nanowrimo??

>.>

Dangerous Lunatic

Jagannathi
whats's nanowrimo??

>.>

National Novel Writing Month, where a bunch of us crazies get together and write 50,000 words in thirty days. It's madness!

Distinct Hunter

2,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Medalist 100
Slip Me Poison
Jagannathi
whats's nanowrimo??

>.>

National Novel Writing Month, where a bunch of us crazies get together and write 50,000 words in thirty days. It's madness!

emotion_0A0

Sparkly Strawberry

11,625 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
Jagannathi
whats's nanowrimo??

>.>

The greatest month of the year! We all get to let go of our inhibitions and put those difficultly-found words onto paper. We get to accomplish something wondrous: 200 pages of pure inspiration and blood and tears! heart heart blaugh blaugh
Jagannathi
whats's nanowrimo??

>.>

Oh, you poor dear.

NaNoWriMo is the time of year where all of us crazies hunker down in libraries and coffee shops, classrooms and cubicals, and scour our brains for anything even remotely resembling a plot. Then, when we've found it, we drop a mountain on it, just to make things interesting.

(Traveling Shovel of Death, anyone?)
Abominable Snowflake

It's very much possible to participate without joining the site! Though I do reccomend it, it's fun to procrastinate in the forums, find buddies and compare wordcounts with them, go to write-ins, and be able to see the graph of your wordcount grow every day! 3nodding

Moonlight Seeker

11,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Yishami
Abominable Snowflake

It's very much possible to participate without joining the site! Though I do reccomend it, it's fun to procrastinate in the forums, find buddies and compare wordcounts with them, go to write-ins, and be able to see the graph of your wordcount grow every day! 3nodding

You are right! I decided to join and the forums are fun and interesting. To be honest, I'm not very interested in word-count yet because I'm writing a lot of it on paper first. THOUGH... that graph does sound pretty cool! heart I'm not sure what write-ins are... but I suppose I'll find out soon enough? emotion_yatta
Abominable Snowflake
Yishami
Abominable Snowflake

You are right! I decided to join and the forums are fun and interesting. To be honest, I'm not very interested in word-count yet because I'm writing a lot of it on paper first. THOUGH... that graph does sound pretty cool! heart I'm not sure what write-ins are... but I suppose I'll find out soon enough? emotion_yatta

There are also loads of helpful and friendly people who are willing to help you with every imaginable problem you come across 3nodding

Write-ins are local get-togethers with other NaNoWriMo-ers. It's to write together, motivate, rant about your novel, and just have fun in general. If you look up your own region, you can see it has its own forum. You can usually find a thread for a write-in close to where you live.

And wow, my respects for writing by hand! I love handwriting for smaller projects, but I'd probably cramp up my fingers before the end of this month if I tried sweatdrop

My NaNo username is Eviemeli, feel free to look me up User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces