Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elfus Arianteus
Kim Haruko
It's quite interesting reading people's lines.

Agreed! It's like sampling their stories!

Some of these are quite strong while others have a dash of humor in them. I like them.

Yes. I especially like any with fantasy or action.
We stood staring out at the miles of farm land in silence. It was so real, none of the plastic made dreams, just pure beauty. It was our world and it was time for me to really start living it.

AurinJade's Wife

iseekagreatperhaps
We stood staring out at the miles of farm land in silence. It was so real, none of the plastic made dreams, just pure beauty. It was our world and it was time fore me to really start living it.

I really like this one. These are the kinds of lines readers remember.
Muffers
iseekagreatperhaps
We stood staring out at the miles of farm land in silence. It was so real, none of the plastic made dreams, just pure beauty. It was our world and it was time for me to really start living it.

I really like this one. These are the kinds of lines readers remember.

Thank you. I try.. I guess.

Seeker

10,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
"She sighed again and shook her head. She knew there was a village coming up soon and that she should stop in, but seeing other people made her feel . . . uncomfortable. She felt that they were altogether too happy and content and completely oblivious to the great danger that was scouring the Realm.

Hopefully in this next town they would be appropriately dismal."

So far. It's bound to change soon. Much dry sarcasm involved with this character. Do love <3
xSatashi
My favorite part, personally, so far.

""You're a demon!" One of the woman cried bravely. A few of the others nodded in agreement. The woman chucked the garlic in her hand. "Die!" She cried. The garlic flew extremely fast, and Sitsu threw himself at the ground, shocked by not only the mere strength the woman had, but the stupidity too -- who in the world throws a garlic at your head?!

"What the HELL, lady?!" Sitsu cried, brushing the dirt of his torso rather roughly. "I'm not some ******** vampire!" He paused a moment, and then sighed. "Nor am I some terrorist working with ghosts to help cause all the creepy s**t happening right now,""

That looks really funny so far. You're going to have to send me the full story when you're done.

5,750 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
"Maybe I should just remind us how it all way back then, before and during the first few moments of the ending of the world. Some of you asked after that, and I’m awfully curious to find out the stories for some of you guys. So let’s do a trade, my story, for the rest of yours. After I’m done call in and tell everyone yours. I got today and tomorrow open, since Wes still has got to fix the music player thingamajig.

I’m Myra Brady for those of you who don’t know it. And I survived the first month of hell because I did a lot of stupid stuff..."

smile

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I can't write fight scenes for s**t, but I can write snappy dialogue.

Quote:
“Your friends are about thirty seconds from blowing us up, so from where I’m standing it doesn’t look like we have any other options.”

“Here’s an option: fly faster! Oh, how about another: fire back!”
[They're talking about a girl with really big boobs.]

"Well willow isn't the right word now that I think about it, willow is skinny right? She's not skinny. She's very fruitful, in fact."

"Fruit-oh!" A look of comprehension dawned on Evangeline's face. "You mean Mary Anne Heart?"

Shirtless Cutesmasher

10,450 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Angelic Alliance 100
I did wish that, didn't I?” Samuel gasped, suddenly taken aback. It was all coming back to him now!
“Samuel, you wished on something like that?” asked Dan, curious and thoroughly frightened.
“Yes, cousin. I did.” sighed a sad and disgusted Samuel. He had no idea that he would be opening the door for something so horrible.
“There's more...” he sighed.

Note: This is a draft: I am NOT going to edit this until I have completed the novel in its entirety.

I am NOT writing an entire novel in one single month; This is about a year old. I'm FAR too busy to be able to do something like that...
Soul Samuel
I did wish that, didn't I?” Samuel gasped, suddenly taken aback. It was all coming back to him now!
“Samuel, you wished on something like that?” asked Dan, curious and thoroughly frightened.
“Yes, cousin. I did.” sighed a sad and disgusted Samuel. He had no idea that he would be opening the door for something so horrible.
“There's more...” he sighed.

Note: This is a draft: I am NOT going to edit this until I have completed the novel in its entirety.

I am NOT writing an entire novel in one single month; This is about a year old. I'm FAR too busy to be able to do something like that...

Mysterious! Makes me wonder what he wished for and what dire consequences came of it. You make me wish to know the beginning and the after! Excellent work.

And yea, completely understandable. I see this as an exercise to shove out ideas in a rush. It was a useful technique in art school (we had to do a drawing of a model in just 30 seconds at times.) Forces you to think of solutions quickly. So that's all I see this as. It's a marathon run for writers. biggrin

Alien Friend

'But optimism is easy when things are good. Maybe it's even easy when things are just beginning to fall apart. I suppose that if, no, when, things get worse than this, optimism will be necessary for survival. But at this stage, optimism has been completely and utterly forgotten. And that's the way I like it.'
"SO yeah. Life pretty much sucks. Not only does she not fit in with her peers, but she also doesn’t have a GOOD REASON To exist. And add on top of all that, that the universe is unfair. It’s totally unfair that SHE didn’t have the ability to END HER EXISTENCE forever. "

Ending her existence means more than just dying. It means vanishing into nothingness: no body, no consciousness, no soul, no spirit, whatever you call it.

Beloved Seeker

I'm posting this with the express hope that nobody here corrects my grammar. I understand it's experimental, but it's really the least of my worries at this point:

“Sorry, sorry,” he offered in apology, “it’s ju-“

“Yeah, yeah, I know,” Dom muttered with a sigh, “You’re just nervous ‘cause of them beastly *Editors everywhere.”

‘If only that were the half of it…’ Lyle thought with a grimace. His mind surged with the dull throb of memories and a quickly-brewing headache. He tried to banish the thought of the golden pen and the book that slaughtered so many in the name of crimson-coated justice, only to see her standing as the focal point to a ring of bodies. Innocent men, women and children lay as testament to her will and ability to exercise the law. Her zeal and passion ran the city streets scarlet. Differences, Opinions, Expressions, Creativity, Paradigms – she’d glare her eyes and call them an infection and she’d cut, hack and prune the mistakes of society until red spilled from the throat, stained the ground below and covered the world in the sweet oblivion of white pallor and black shrouds.

‘She’ll be there today...’

* The Editors are literally a police force. I know it's a bit sappy, but I couldn't think of a better name for them, and the name's kind of grown on me.

I know y'all asked for a line, but umm...that bit just jumped at me...Aaaand rambling ends now.
OO! What a fun idea for a thread. Out of context, I doubt many of my lines would have the punch that they keep in context, so here's a quick exchange from my current chapter:

“Oh, yes, Craw likes t’ offer big ol’ prices, he does…” He took a menacing step forward and leered at her, the stormy eyes bitter and bright. “But d’ye know th’ currency he generally pays out in?” He let fall a pregnant pause, leaning ever closer until she could smell the metallic tang of his breath. “Bullets.” Then he pulled back, eyes narrowing. “Ye’d do yer job real nicely, an’ he’d be all praises in his correspondence, a lot o’ flattery an’ fine words. An’ then you’d show up at th’ rendezvous point an’ there’d be a very lovely letter explainin’ there’s been a change o’ schedule an’ would ye be so kind as t’ come t’ his ship for payment… I know. That’s the way th’ man operates.” Rosette scoffed and waved him off.

“I don’t know what stories you’ve heard, Mr. Finnegan, but I think you may have let your dislike of the man colour your facts.”

“He shot me eight times.”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces