Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Healer

16,400 Points
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
Do you guys ever get stuck on names, I see thousands for my characters, but they just don't fit. It's hard I don't want to over kill them, but I don't want them to be unoriginal... What are some great names you guys have come up with ? I like the name Quirou....don't know why lol

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
baby naming websites are your friends. Trust me!

Ruthless Businessman

10,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
ZaiaFantasy

How are you in every NaNoWriMo thread I've seen?
strapped15
ZaiaFantasy

How are you in every NaNoWriMo thread she's been in? 3nodding

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
JestersRose
Do you guys ever get stuck on names, I see thousands for my characters, but they just don't fit. It's hard I don't want to over kill them, but I don't want them to be unoriginal... What are some great names you guys have come up with ? I like the name Quirou....don't know why lol

I second ZaiaFantasy's suggestion.
In those sites, you might also apply what personalities/background your characters may or may not have.
It works for me so why not try it?
If you can't think of a good name, just use a descriptor and capitalize it. You can name them later
Pizza Guy
Bro
Sis
Creeper
Red-Haired Jock
Troll
BigTroll
SuperTroll
RedShirt
Captain
etc.

Moonlight Seeker

11,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
A baby naming site is a good idea.
I always wait to name characters... because eventually a perfect name falls on top of them.

Lonely Lover

I tend to make my character names up.
It's the same way I name characters in WoW
Or Diablo.
Start with a letter,
Figure out what sounds should follow it,
And type it out.

Etharon
Norilon
Palamira
Elia
Thessa.

Not many typical names in my stories,
Novel or otherwise.
I named my character based off of the theme of the story, which centers around faeries and escapism.

So the main character's name is Anise Wormwood. Both of these are key ingredients in absinthe.

I took a note from J.K. Rowling and gave my characters odd, yet normal names. But I deviated, and now many of the names are obscure food names. For instance, another character is named Mrs. Bonbel. Bonbel is a type of cheese.

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
strapped15
ZaiaFantasy

NaNo is kind of my thing

Dangerous Citizen

7,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
Here's one thing I try first, before I look at baby name sites. I choose two words, and mush them together; for example... let's take Elfus Arianteus' name and ZaiaFantasy's

EzlafiuaafAarnitaansty/eus

See any combination of letters you like in there? I kinda like "Arnit", "Arnita", "Taanst", and "Stye".

From there, you can use the raw name, or fix it into something that flows better, like "Ta'anst" "Tha'nst", "Strye", "Stryen" or "Stryne".

>.>; They make absolutely confusing names to pronounce though. They also sound freakishly alien. u.u;
AxelKrom
Here's one thing I try first, before I look at baby name sites. I choose two words, and mush them together; for example... let's take Elfus Arianteus' name and ZaiaFantasy's

EzlafiuaafAarnitaansty/eus

See any combination of letters you like in there? I kinda like "Arnit", "Arnita", "Taanst", and "Stye".

From there, you can use the raw name, or fix it into something that flows better, like "Ta'anst" "Tha'nst", "Strye", "Stryen" or "Stryne".

>.>; They make absolutely confusing names to pronounce though. They also sound freakishly alien. u.u;

That's a rather interesting technique. I like it.

Magical Tree

I used to have a baby name dictionary, until my sister took it. emotion_donotwant

Sometimes having the physical book to flip through is better than online things. (yay for lucky dipping!)

Luxury Starshine's Princess

Precious Blob

Sometimes names just pop out at me, other times I have to look at baby name websites or I name the character after an author or someone I know.
I can always change the name later if I don't like it, so I try not to get hung up on it. <3

Lonely Healer

16,400 Points
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
Thanks for the heads-up guys its been a good help. ^^. I found A few that fit my characters. And I like them Lol .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff