Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Gaian

I wrote 50k over the summer in 14 days, writing every other day ---because I had literally nothing else to do.

It was also such s**t I had to completely scrap it. I mean. . .. so very very very bad XD

Moving at a much more sane pace for the real attempt myself.

Wealthy Genius

9,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
500 words, enough to enter? Lol jkkk It's how much I'm at T n T

Wheezing Vampire

9,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Clambake 200
i am outta loop. idk wth is goinng on lol

Seeker

10,300 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Who's*

That is all. :]

Hallowed Lunatic

Does anyone else detect the hefty, stanky smell of bullshit wafting through the air?

--------

I barely broke 2.4k last night. The characters took longer to develop than I thought T 3T

Balmvng's Significant Otter

Spoopy Hipster

I just broke 3k what is this, I don't even...

Moonlight Seeker

11,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
lol, maybe you can finish without 50k words.
As in THAT'S IT I'M DONE WITH THIS GRRRR scream
I'm sitting at just over 15k. I have a lot of free time right now. No job, and minimal studies. Pretty much the perfect situation for something like this.
II Mr Crayons II
Oh yea, I totally finished 50k words in 1 day.

Wealthy Genius

9,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Oh yea, I totally finished 50k words in 1 day.

Shirtless Prophet

I just got over 2400 words.
And some of you are at 8k? o_O

Blessed Autobiographer

8,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
MyMiracle__xx
Fireweed_honey
I was so happy I nearly hit 8K on my first day (my count for my first day was 7800, a first for me), and I wrote nearly non-stop (not including the times I had to stop to sleep, eat, bake cookies and drive to my nano write-in). I've heard that 50K in one day is possible, but it's like a very, very, very, very, very hard possible.

It is possible. If you write sixty words a minute, you'd be able to manage just over 50,000 words in about fourteen hours. Though that's if you wrote for fourteen hours straight. I don't see anyone doing that, but 50,000 words in one day is very possible. You'd probably just have to be really, really patient.

And congratulations on the 7.8k! So jealous.

thanks. I don't think it's my best work, but it's easy to write. The stuff I take more seriously take me longer to write then the fluff pieces.
The only person I know who's finished is a Swedish girl who got it all done in just under 21 hours. I can't vouch for the quality of what she wrote, but it's possible.

Me, I'm at a leisurely 7K. I went a bit mad with the writing yesterday and hit 5K, I'm going more slowly today but hope to reach 8K in the next hour.

Anxious Datemate

Fireweed_honey
I was so happy I nearly hit 8K on my first day (my count for my first day was 7800, a first for me), and I wrote nearly non-stop (not including the times I had to stop to sleep, eat, bake cookies and drive to my nano write-in). I've heard that 50K in one day is possible, but it's like a very, very, very, very, very hard possible.

It is possible. If you write sixty words a minute, you'd be able to manage just over 50,000 words in about fourteen hours. Though that's if you wrote for fourteen hours straight. I don't see anyone doing that, but 50,000 words in one day is very possible. You'd probably just have to be really, really patient.

And congratulations on the 7.8k! So jealous.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff