Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Lady Lagomorph
Serif Marak

I got something that made me think of a mystery novel. Can't quite recall what all the details were, but it was like a murder-mystery.
Too bad I'm not into that kind of stuff. -shrug-
Maybe it can be incorporated into a back-story for one of your characters in another story? I totally understand, though. I'm not into murder mysteries, either, which I kind of find a shame. I've seen some that have plots or characters I think I would like, but I know I'd never really read the story. I had a plot inspiration site give me something that might be a good idea for a short story, but likewise, I don't think I'm compelled enough to really write it.

What genre of story are you actually writing?

Fantasy. I'm pretty much settled into the story that I am writing, but I'm not sure just how much I want to divulge at this moment. I'll update my NaNoWriMo page with the synopsis once I am far enough in to justify doing so.

Newbie Member

3,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
How is it that you got that word-count widget in your signature? o:

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Serif Marak

Fantasy. I'm pretty much settled into the story that I am writing, but I'm not sure just how much I want to divulge at this moment. I'll update my NaNoWriMo page with the synopsis once I am far enough in to justify doing so.
I totally understand. I'm usually really protective of any stories I make, which might be part of why I have trouble getting them written down. Mine's fantasy, too. I think the one I'm working on is a little hard to describe, as well. I'm not going to try a synopsis until I get done with the part of it I'm writing today.

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Lady Lagomorph
Serif Marak

I totally understand. I'm usually really protective of any stories I make, which might be part of why I have trouble getting them written down. Mine's fantasy, too. I think the one I'm working on is a little hard to describe, as well. I'm not going to try a synopsis until I get done with the part of it I'm writing today.

I need to push a bit further than just today before I am satisfied with releasing solid details. Too much changes during the first stages, you know?

Man, this is going to be painful.... I'm going to need to make hard pushes over the weekends to pull this off, because my work schedule is going to make weekdays very difficult.

CopperLadyDragon

On the first post of this thread, at the very bottom, is a url. Just replace the brackets and everything inside of them with your NaNoWriMo username to get the same one that I have. biggrin

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Serif Marak

Just try not to go back and edit too much. 3nodding It impedes your type flow and will lower your word count by taking up your time. This is coming, of course, from someone who's terrible at listening to that advice! I'm way behind on word count, too. I think I'm at Day One's total. I feel crappy today, though, so maybe I can settle down and write some while I'm not moving around much. I usually have a class on Monday, but it's cancelled.

I'm going to go ahead and use the widget advice, too, so extra thanks for that.

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Lady Lagomorph
Serif Marak

Just try not to go back and edit too much. 3nodding It impedes your type flow and will lower your word count by taking up your time. This is coming, of course, from someone who's terrible at listening to that advice! I'm way behind on word count, too. I think I'm at Day One's total. I feel crappy today, though, so maybe I can settle down and write some while I'm not moving around much. I usually have a class on Monday, but it's cancelled.

I'm going to go ahead and use the widget advice, too, so extra thanks for that.

I'm managing somehow. My plan to is make a push for about 5k words each weekend, at least. It should help pick up the slack on days where I am otherwise very busy.

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Serif Marak

I'm managing somehow. My plan to is make a push for about 5k words each weekend, at least. It should help pick up the slack on days where I am otherwise very busy.
That's a good idea! It seems it gets a little easier after doing some writing, too. You kind of get the hang of it and can get words out faster.

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Lady Lagomorph
Serif Marak

That's a good idea! It seems it gets a little easier after doing some writing, too. You kind of get the hang of it and can get words out faster.

Definitely, yeah. I've noticed that, while I wasn't entirely sure of what I wanted to say where, it became much easier once I actually started working on it.
I've only been at it, like, 20 minutes or so and I am already over 500 words in today.

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
It's weird to consider that I am already 1/10th of the way through this.
5,000 words down and 45,000 to go.
Is it just me, or is 45,000 a scarier number than 50,000? O.o

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Wow, congrats on your progress. I'm right at about 1750 I finally broke the 2k mark. Pathetic. I thought I may not keep up with the full requirements, but not this bad. 45k does sound a bit worse, maybe because it has more numbers, or maybe because it has that sense that you need to finish what you started?

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Lady Lagomorph
Wow, congrats on your progress. I'm right at about 1750 I finally broke the 2k mark. Pathetic. I thought I may not keep up with the full requirements, but not this bad. 45k does sound a bit worse, maybe because it has more numbers, or maybe because it has that sense that you need to finish what you started?

The latter sounds more poetic.
Let's go with that.

I might maybe do another page (about 800 words) tonight. I have a tabletop game that I was going to run, but pretty much everyone in my group backed out for one reason or another, so now I have some spare time.
Which I need, cause I'm moving into my place tomorrow night. And that might make me slightly less productive. D:

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Serif Marak

The latter sounds more poetic.
Let's go with that.

I might maybe do another page (about 800 words) tonight. I have a tabletop game that I was going to run, but pretty much everyone in my group backed out for one reason or another, so now I have some spare time.
Which I need, cause I'm moving into my place tomorrow night. And that might make me slightly less productive. D:

Ooh, congratulations on your move! I hope the new place is great. I just moved myself in May. It's not easy, but getting as much done as possible that first day helps. I say let yourself miss at least part of your goal for tomorrow, to save your sanity. Though maybe the writing will help you keep it.

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
Someone sent me a gift with the note 'open this when you reach 50k or end of NaNoWriMo'.
As much as I want to open the gift, I'll wait. Just know that this is torture! crying

Lady Lagomorph

Nah, I'll bust out the 1,700 before my brother gets off work to help me move things over. I start work at about 6:30 each morning and tomorrow is my long route day, so I may get lucky and be done with work once my route is over. Should give me a few hours to write before I have to start doing real life again.

NaNo Support Group? I need this in my life right now.

I'm only a thousand words in and I already hate what I'm writing. = n =;;
          Like, I have an idea of events I want to go on, I have developed side characters / adversaries
          it was when I put the nose to the grindstone did I realise I actually have no main character.

This is like wanting to go to the movies but having no ride and no one to go with.

That gift idea is really neat. I'm going to send one to my sister right now. bwahahaha ~

Lonely Zealot

10,225 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
brush my chicken

NaNo Support Group? I need this in my life right now.

I'm only a thousand words in and I already hate what I'm writing. = n =;;
          Like, I have an idea of events I want to go on, I have developed side characters / adversaries
          it was when I put the nose to the grindstone did I realise I actually have no main character.

This is like wanting to go to the movies but having no ride and no one to go with.

That gift idea is really neat. I'm going to send one to my sister right now. bwahahaha ~

To be fair, I didn't have a main character (or a name for him) until I started writing. lol

Use a character name generator. Just cycle through names till you find one you like. Then, imagine their story. Who they are. What their attitude is like. What they like to eat for breakfast.

Keep cycling through until you find a character that likes french toast or meat omelets.

Or, find someone to talk to about your ideas and just keep talking until you are saying more than you previously knew. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff