Welcome to Gaia! ::

Two more weeks! Can you do it?

I'm already done. 0.22077922077922 22.1% [ 17 ]
I'm ahead of my quota. I'll make it for sure! 0.038961038961039 3.9% [ 3 ]
I'm right on track. Nano says I will finish on time. 0.12987012987013 13.0% [ 10 ]
Meh. I'm a little behind. But I can cram. 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 11 ]
Awful. I don't think I can do this... 0.16883116883117 16.9% [ 13 ]
I've given up, but good luck to everyone else. 0.2987012987013 29.9% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 34 35 36 > >>

Lonely Puppy

User Image

FORGET ABOUT YOUR GRADESxxxxFORGET ABOUT YOUR BOYFRIENDxxxxFORGET ABOUT YOUR JOB
FORGET ABOUT YOUR GRADESxxxxFORGET ABOUT YOUR BOYFRIENDxxxxFORGET ABOUT YOUR JOB
xxDO IT LATER, CAUSE NOW I NEED TO WRITE A THOUSAND WORDS

IX'XMXXWXRXIXTXIXNXGX.X.X.XXBXUXTXXCXAXNXXYXOXUXXRXEXMXIXNXDXXMXEXXWXHXYXXIXXTXHXOXUXGXHXTXXTXHXIXSXXWXOXUXLXDXXBXEXXFXUXNX?

User ImageUser Image
                                      Welcome to National Novel Writing Month! Sit down, read on, write on, and have fun!

- - - creator - - princess ammie
                                                      >- - - coding - - princess ammie
                                                      >>- - - graphics - - O-Mokona-O
                                                      >>>- - - thread status - - Open for conversation & writers
                                                      >>>>- - - thread type - - a National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) thread

User Image>>>User Image>>>User Image>>>User Image>>>User Image>>>User Image>>>User Image>>>User Image>>>User Image

Lonely Puppy

User Image
I THINK I'M GOING TO* WIN THIS YEAR
i'm nearing the endxxxxxxxneed inspiration butxxxxxxxi really just have none
(xxDID YOU EVER WANT TO WRITE A NOVELxx)
----------------------------------
AXXLXOXTXXOXFXXPXEXOXPXLXEXXWXAXNXTXXTXOXXWXRXIXTXEXXAXXBXOXOXK
SO SIT DOWN AND FOCUS CAUSE IT'S NOVEMBER
xxxxxxxxxxixmxxgxoxnxnxaxxwxrxixtxexxaxxfxrxexaxkxixnxgxxbxoxoxkxx

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

"National Novel Writing Month happens every November! It's a fun, seat-of-your-pants writing event where the challenge is to complete an entire novel in just 30 days. For one month, you get to lock away your inner editor, let your imagination take over, and just create!

That means participants begin writing November 1 and must finish by midnight, November 30. The word-count goal for our adult program is 50,000 words, but the Young Writers Program (YWP) allows 17-and-under participants to set reasonable, yet challenging, individual word-count goals."

Read on to discover how you can become part of the exhilarating NaNoWriMo experience with people just like you!

Lonely Puppy

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

XXXXXXXXXXXStep #1

1. Type in http://www.nanowrimo.org/ to your internet browser's address bar.

2. In the top right hand corner find the button that says Sign Up! and click it.

XXXXXXXXXXXStep #2

1. Create a username and password. Be sure not to give it to anyone, and absolutely, positively do not forget it!

2. Determine your time zone, varify your age and accept NaNoWriMo's Terms of Service.

3. Once everything's filled in, press the big Sign Up! button at the bottom.

XXXXXXXXXXXStep #3

1. Login into your email to find the message from NaNoWriMo!

2. Follow the link given in the email to activate your NaNoWriMo account.

3. Now that you're all set up, it's time to explore the NaNoWriMo website~

XXXXXXXXXXXStep #4

1. Under the "My NaNoWriMo" tab you can edit your author info, and your novel info. It's nice to do this before
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >you begin writing, but it's not required.

2. Whenever you feel like taking a break from writing, or just need a bit of motivation, head over to the forums
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >to chat it up with fellow NaNoers~

3. If you've added your location in your author info, be sure to check out a "NaNo near you" to get in touch with
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >NaNoers near you and gather for events.

4. Most of all, don't forget to have fun! NaNoWriMo is all about having fun and writing together to reach your
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >goals. Don't forget to chat in this thread with NaNoers as well, and sign up to be a writer here in the thread~

Lonely Puppy

User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXGeneral Rules

1. Follow Gaia's ToS. I shouldn't have to say this, but just to be sure.

2. Do not steal any of the writer's material that may be posted here. That includes, but is not limited to, their novel title,
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >characters included, imaginary worlds, and plot.

3. Be respectful to both the writers, and other gaians.
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >Please no flaming, trolling, or cussing anyone out.
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >If you have a problem with someone, talk to me, and I will take care of it.

4. If you have a question, would like to give an answer to a question, or just offer some friendly advice and motivation,
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >feel free to post it in here. I will add it to the front page's advice and FAQs posts.

5. Writers, if you wish to be added to the front page, please fill out the given code (found in the "writers" post) and send it to me in a pm.
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >Note: The coding will be messed up when you send in a pm. DO NOT "fix it".

6. Please no advertising in here. There are links
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >to other threads and writers for a reason. If you would like me to add a link to the thread and be affiliates just let me know.
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >The front page will advertise for you. Therefor, no spamming.

Lonely Puppy

User Image

█████████████████████ █████████████████████
                      ca

User Imageca

cafprincessammie
                          caffeine lorencia`caffprincess ammie
                          ca
                          caffein▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                          caffeine lore giving upyour social life
                          caffeine lorencia caff'cause now you need to WRITE ┅┅┅ !

caffeine⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯
                          caffeine lo* every ( .GENREcaffeee caRomantic Fantasy
                          caffeine lo* every ( .LOCATIONeee caMars California
                          caffeine lo* every ( .WINNINGScafc caNone

caf

caff███Wordless Magic The Fire Journal██ ██████

ca

User Imageca

cafKyrieKaimei
                          caffeine lorencia`caffTerraKnights
                          ca

caffeine lo* every ( .LOCATIONeee caNoWhere Pennsylvania

caf

caff███Loyalty 》██ ██████

ca

User Imageca

cafNikiana
                          caffeine lorencia`caffNikiana
                          ca

caffeine lo* every ( .GENREcaffeee caRomantic sci-fi
                          caffeine lo* every ( .LOCATIONeee caMiddle of nowhere Oklahoma
                          caffeine lo* every ( .WINNINGScafc ca2009

caf

caff███Fighters (super cruddy working title)██ ██████

ca

User Imageca

cafTaiyothe Egg
                          caffeine lorencia`caff(TaiyosWings)
                          ca

caffeine lo* every ( .GENREcaffeee caAdventure, Fantasy
                          caffeine lo* every ( .LOCATIONeee caNeverland: 2nd to the right & straight on till morning

caf

caff███The Silver Wing██ ██████

ca

User Imageca

cafBlue-EyedDragonfly
                          caffeine lorencia`caffAlexis Grove
                          ca

caffeine lo* every ( .GENREcaffeee caAdult Paranormal Romance
                          caffeine lo* every ( .LOCATIONeee caMiddle Realm

caf

caff███Hell Angel██ ██████

ca

User Imageca

cafVoxAngeles
                          caffeine lorencia`caffVoxAngeles
                          ca

caffeine lo* every ( .GENREcaffeee caThriller/Drama/Horror
                          caffeine lo* every ( .LOCATIONeee caIn your basement, fool.
                          caffeine lo* every ( .WINNINGScafc caNone yet, bitches!

caf

caff███Run Boy Run██ ██████

ca

User Imageca

cafHybernationIzssorbet
                          caffeine lorencia`caffThe one who felled
                          ca

caffeine lo* every ( .GENREcaffeee caFantasy Drama
                          caffeine lo* every ( .LOCATIONeee caIn a box, on in island, far, far away...
                          caffeine lo* every ( .WINNINGScafc caNever ever...

caf

caff███Being Here██ ██████

ca

User Imageca

cafBlackSatin
                          caffeine lorencia`caffWinter_Solstice
                          ca

caffeine lo* every ( .GENREcaffeee caFantasy; Youth; Sci-Fi; Romance
                          caffeine lo* every ( .LOCATIONeee caMe-ru-bo-run
                          caffeine lo* every ( .WINNINGScafc caone out of four

caf

caff███Project Oracle Emergence██ ██████

ca

User Imageca

cafDinoMatriarch
                          caffeine lorencia`caffDinoMatriarch
                          ca

caffeine lo* every ( .GENREcaffeee caFantasy, adventure
                          caffeine lo* every ( .LOCATIONeee ca"Her" mind

caf

caff███White Room██ ██████

[size=24][color=#f0d8a8]█████████████████████[/color] [color=#c04848]♚[/color] [color=#a89078]█████████████████████[/color][/size]
                      [size=4][color=white]ca[/color][/size]
                      [list][list]
                      [imgleft]PICTURE TO REPRESENT YOUR NOVEL[/imgleft][size=4][color=white]ca[/color][/size]

[color=white]caf[/color][size=24][color=#c04848]「 [color=white][strike][color=#a89078][b](GAIA)[/b][/color][/strike][/color]┊[color=#f0d8a8](NAME)[/color] [color=#a89078]❞[/color]﹚[/color][/size]
                      [color=white]caffeine lorenci[color=#00cc00]●[/color]a[/color][size=14][color=#f0d8a8]`[/color][color=#c04848]♚[/color][color=white]caff[/color][color=gray](NANOWRIMO NAME)[/color][/size]
                      [size=1][color=white]ca[/color][/size]
                      [color=white]caffein[/color][size=7][color=#a89078][color=#f0d8a8]▀▀[/color] ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ [color=#f0d8a8]▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀[/color] [color=#c04848]▀▀[/color] ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀[/color][/size]
                      [color=white]caffeine lore[/color][color=#f0d8a8]❝[/color] [color=#a89078][size=11]giving up[color=#f0d8a8]「[color=#c04848]❤[/color]」[/color]your social life
                      [color=white]caffeine lorencia caff[/color]'cause now you need to [color=#c04848]WR[i]I[/i]TE[/color] [color=#f0d8a8]┅┅┅[/color] [i][color=#c04848]![/color][/i][/color][/size]
                      [color=white]caffei[size=6]ne[/size][/color][size=8]⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯[/size]
                      [size=11][color=white]caffeine lo[/color][color=#f0d8a8]* [color=#c04848][size=13]█[/size][/color] ↷[color=#a89078]every[/color] [i]([/i] [color=#c04848].[/color][color=gray]GENRE[/color][/color][color=white]caffeee[/color][color=#c04848]⊰[/color] [color=#f0d8a8]❁[/color][color=white]ca[/color][color=#a89078][size=11](Fantasy, science-fiction, romance, adventure, etc.)[/size][/color]
                      [color=white]caffeine lo[/color][color=#f0d8a8]* [color=#c04848][size=13]█[/size][/color] ↷[color=#C0A888]every[/color] [i]([/i] [color=#c04848].[/color][color=gray]LOCATION[/color][/color][color=white]eee[size=1][/size][/color][color=#c04848]⊰[/color] [color=#f0d8a8]❁[/color][color=white]ca[/color][color=#a89078][size=13](optional and or humorous)[/size][/color]
                      [color=white]caffeine lo[/color][color=#f0d8a8]* [color=#c04848][size=13]█[/size][/color] ↷[color=#a89078]every[/color] [i]([/i] [color=#c04848].[/color][color=gray]WINNINGS[/color][/color][color=white]caf[size=3]c[/size][/color][color=#c04848]⊰[/color] [color=#f0d8a8]❁[/color][color=white]ca[/color][color=#a89078][size=11](years you've won NaNoWriMo)[/size][/size][/color]
                      [size=3][color=white]caf[/color][/color][/size]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][color=white]caff[/color][size=18][color=#f0d8a8][color=#a89078]███[/color]║[color=#a89078]《 [color=#c04848](NOVEL) [color=#f0d8a8]❤[/color] (TITLE)[/color] 》[/color]▌[color=#a89078]║[/color]██ [color=#a89078]██████[/color][/color][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Lonely Puppy

User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXFor Inspiration...

1. Try a change in scenery, listening to music, watching something,
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >or listening to someone else talk about something interesting.

XXXXXXXXXXXTo Keep You Going...

1. Participate in a Word War with fellow NaNoers.
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >Note:: definition of a Word War in FAQs

2. Use Write or Die and Dr. Wicked to keep you from stopping, and turning back to edit your writing.

Lonely Puppy

User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXprincess ammie

1. Question :: What is a "Word War"?

Answer by Mixy-Chan :: A word war. Basically you are having a war against fellow people. You set a time limit, so say fifteen minutes.
                                              Answer by Mixy-Chan :: You type as many words as you can in that time and then post your score. It keeps you going.

XXXXXXXXXXXAmbien Dreams

1. Question :: Are there any books written by an ADHD author?

Answer :: ...

Lonely Puppy

User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXPage Contest

1. Page contests are always fun. Sometimes they can get a bit competitive and funny,
                                              ▰▰▰ 2. ⊱ ♥ > >but they're also good for keeping a thread alive.

2. The first person to post on pages 7, 10, 13, 15, 19, 23, 25, 27, 33, 38, 42, 47, and 50 will receive 10k.

3. The first post on said pages must be a conversational post.
                                              ▰▰▰ 2. ⊱ ♥ > >No advertising, bumping, or emoticons by themselves.

XXXXXXXXXXXWriter of the Week Contest

1. Each week of November, my friends and I will pick a novel with it's corresponding author to advertise right here!

2. Each Writer of the Week will receive 20k, free novel cover art from one of our featured artists, and a chance for their novel's
                                              ▰▰▰ 2. ⊱ ♥ > >synopsis and an excerpt from the novel to be posted here for the world to see. Who knows, this may lead to future purchases
                                              ▰▰▰ 2. ⊱ ♥ > >of your novel!

3. You must be listed as a writer in this thread to qualify. Winners are picked by anonymous judges. New Winners will be
                                              ▰▰▰ 2. ⊱ ♥ > >chosen every Friday to compensate for the challenges late week beginning. There will be 5 winners in total. Good Luck~

XXXXXXXXXXXRed Ribbon Challenge

1. This is not as much a contest as just a little fun. Many people I have come in contact with, have added some piece of myself
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >into their writing. My symbol, is a red satin ribbon. The challenge is to see who can--and is willing--to place a red satin ribbon
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >within their novel.

2. The ribbon does not need to be a crucial part of the story, but it must be mentioned in at least a sentence.
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >It must be RED and a RIBBON. Other than that, it's up to you~

3. Send me a pm--or post here in the thread--the excerpt of your novel involving the red ribbon, and you will receive 15k, free
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >role playing post layouts from myself and the other artists working at my graphic shop, and a Red Serafuku Bow. Those who
                                              ▰▰▰ 3. ⊱ ♥ > >use the red ribbon throughout their novel will receive all of this, a Satin Hairbow, and free novel cover art!

Lonely Puppy

User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXRole Plays~

User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXArt Shops~

1. No links yet. Why don't you send me some?

XXXXXXXXXXXGraphic Design Shops~

User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXNaNoWriMo Links~

1. NaNoWriMo 2012 Thread by cre8ive_ovadose
                                              ▰▰▰ 1.⊱ ♥ > >A Thread for NaNoers to come together and chat as well <3

XXXXXXXXXXXGuilds~

1. No links yet. Why don't you send me some?

XXXXXXXXXXXMisc.~

1. Write or Die
                                              ▰▰▰ 1.⊱ ♥ > >I program decisions to keep you writing. You won't want to stop.

>>>User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXLinks Out~

1. User Image
                                              [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/writers/nano-wrimo-mega-thread-all-things-nano/t.83071373/][img]http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j413/Ammie_Asakura/nanowrimo/200x401.png[/img][/url]

Lonely Puppy

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I would just like to introduce you to the artists who will be doing the free novel cover art.
                                You can order covers from them as well! Feel free to send them a pm, or fill out the order form for them if you see what you like ^^
                                We're still accepting more artists, so shoot me a pm with samples if you're interested!

ca

User Imageca

cafRandomRhapsody
                              caffeine lorencia`caffVictory Tea
                              ca

caffeine lo* every ( .STYLEca f f caAnime/Cartoon Drawn Real Life Commissions
                              caffeine lo* every ( .SAMPLES e catumblrXXDeviantArtXXWebsite
                              caffeine lo* every ( .PRICEScafc ca$8 for headshots -- $25 full body

caf

caff███Order Form██ ██████

ca

User Imageca

cafDragonIceIceCrystal
                              caffeine lorencia`caffDragonIceIceCrystal
                              ca

caffeine lo* every ( .STYLEca f f ca...
                              caffeine lo* every ( .SAMPLES e caDeviantArt
                              caffeine lo* every ( .PRICEScafc ca$7 for headshots -- $20 full body with background

caf

ca

User Imageca

cafLaenri
                              caffeine lorencia`caffLaenri
                              ca

caffeine lo* every ( .STYLEca f f ca...
                              caffeine lo* every ( .SAMPLES e caDeviantArt
                              caffeine lo* every ( .PRICEScafc ca...

caf

Lonely Puppy

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

This weeks writer will receive 20k, a week of fame on the front page,
                                and free novel cover art from one of our featured artists.
                                And the winner is...

ca

User Imageca

cafprincessammie
                              caffeine lorencia`caffprincess ammie
                              ca

caffeine lo* every ( .LOCATIONeee caMars California

caf

caff███Wordless Magic The Fire Journal██ ██████

S Y N O P S I S

For the past ten years, young Ammie slept soundly at the bottom of an enchanted lake, only to be awoken in a world far different from our own.
                                Here in the world of Izmend, demons, shape-shifters, and Magis wage war against each other over magical lands needed to fuel their everyday lives.
                                Blinded with hate, the people have all but forgotten the Goddess that once brought them to this land, and have left her to die in captivity.
                                Protected by ten elemental guardians, as prophesized by the Magis, Ammie must learn how to harness the magic residing within her
                                in order to return power to the land, and free the Goddess from her prison.
                                But the prophesy comes in two parts, one of a destiny full of magic, and another of an unavoidable fate.
                                With the fear of her fate coming true at every turn, she struggles through the twists and turns of an emotional roller-coaster love life
                                while trying to remember the first five years of her life, who she really is, and how she came to this world in the first place.

E X C E R P T

To a feisty man and woman she gave the gift of fire, darkness, and powerful emotion.
                                They took these gifts and found refuge in the shadows of a volcano.
                                But beasts of darkness had previously claimed the land these two attempted to inhabit.
                                A bargain was made; the beasts and beings would live in peace exchanging protection
                                from the beasts and the gradual succession of the being’s life force to the beasts.
                                And they came to be known, as the Demons of the northern hills.

To a secluded man and woman She gave the gifts of thunder, light, and wind.
                                They took these gifts and sought refuge deep inside a forest far from others.
                                But, beasts had occupied this nation too.
                                The two refused to fight each other, but the beasts fought among themselves for power, and many died.
                                The man, gifted by Her, kneeled beside the dying king of the beasts, and offered him a second chance to live.
                                The king agreed, and the man transferred the beast’s soul into his own body.
                                From these souls rose the Namelians of the eastern forest.

To a wise man and woman, She gave the gifts of water, ice, and wisdom.
                                They took these gifts and traveled to the Great Plains, where they could see all, and build temples of worship to Her.
                                These people kept in close contact with Her, spreading her word across the land.
                                And these people became the Magis of the south.

Lonely Puppy

Lonely Puppy

Lonely Puppy

Lonely Puppy

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items