Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Bear

ZaiaFantasy

Well, I don't know if someone ask this qustion before and I saw you answering or commenting a bunch of people's topics so yes, here I am...

- Can I write a Na[...] in an other language?

You see my first language is french and my english vocabulary is not that good so I'd like to know if English is the only language that I have to use?

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Wow! A question just for me?

You can NaNo in any language you like!

Eloquent Dabbler

11,450 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
You totally can.
I don't see why not.

Anxious Bear

Herr Mannelig
You totally can.
I don't see why not.

Even if I want to enter in the NaNo thingy ( sorry I forget the word...) concours?

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
IVI e l a n c o l i e
Herr Mannelig
You totally can.
I don't see why not.

Even if I want to enter in the NaNo thingy ( sorry I forget the word...) concours?

Yes. Your NaNo submission can be in any language. All the website does it take a count of the words. It doesn't save or record any information but word count.

Anxious Bear

ZaiaFantasy
Yes. Your NaNo submission can be in any language. All the website does it take a count of the words. It doesn't save or record any information but word count.

Is it really have to be a novel or could it be like a novel debut without having like the um "story".
For an example; in french I am writing a book ok and i have like the begining of it like the introduction... My story is turning to be like a novel and I'd like to participate just for the hack of it... I don't call myself a novelist neither a writer neither a poet but I LOVE TO WRITE!!! My french teacher - it was a long time ago when i was in highschool in canada - he told me that I'd be a good writer for a past-time.. I lost my inspiration and my writing ability so I'm trying to get it back and POOF! I saw the notification for this Na-thingy (THANK YOU GAIA) and I was like Wow I wanna try but when I went to the site it was in english so I thought that the entry was only for English writers. I was disappointed. Plus when I hit the button french, most of the text was still in english. I'm not saying that because I don't understand english it's more like....

Wait!!! What I was saying before? o - o
Well whatever I don't remember
----& All that I wrote was to say that I wanna enter but in my own language...
But I'm not sure to understand this NaNo-thingy though... What is the main point of it?
Like What it is for?
And when you entering a 50k words "Novel" what happen?
How do people win?
Too much questions....

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
IVI e l a n c o l i e

Winning doesn't refer to a contest, only to the individual meeting the 50k word goal. If you meet it by the end of November you "win". If not...better luck next year.

The whole point of the event is to encourage people to write because literacy is a dying thing in the modern day when people are lazy and stupid and entertained merely on music and video games. And it gets writers together and communicating.
Of course you can. All of my fearsome yet feeble opponents (AKA Finland who WILL LOSE THIS YEAR.) are writing in Finnish. Part of my book will probably be in French, too, just for variety.

People write in all sorts of languages. The important bit is the 50,000 words. Good luck!

Profitable Lunatic

I want a pencil.
AndreaHarper
Of course you can. All of my fearsome yet feeble opponents (AKA Finland who WILL LOSE THIS YEAR.) are writing in Finnish. Part of my book will probably be in French, too, just for variety.

People write in all sorts of languages. The important bit is the 50,000 words. Good luck!

Whoawhoawhoawhoa.
Whoa.
Finnish? Feeble?
I don't think so.

You can write in any language you feel like. It's completely up to you.
This is more of a personal thing.

If my Finnish didn't completely such, I would attempt my novel in Finnish.
But, Finnish is a ridiculous language.

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
IVI e l a n c o l i e
ZaiaFantasy

Well, I don't know if someone ask this qustion before and I saw you answering or commenting a bunch of people's topics so yes, here I am...

You see my first language is french and my english vocabulary is not that good so I'd like to know if English is the only language that I have to use?

My question exactly. Thank you for asking it; now I have an answer after reading your thread. ^^

Anxious Bear

Noryoku Kiyama
IVI e l a n c o l i e
ZaiaFantasy

My question exactly. Thank you for asking it; now I have an answer after reading your thread. ^^

emotion_c8

Noob

IVI e l a n c o l i e
Of course, and may I just ask - what is that hair you're wearing! emotion_jawdrop
Ickle my Pickle
AndreaHarper

Whoawhoawhoawhoa.
Whoa.
Finnish? Feeble?
I don't think so.

You can write in any language you feel like. It's completely up to you.
This is more of a personal thing.

If my Finnish didn't completely such, I would attempt my novel in Finnish.
But, Finnish is a ridiculous language.

Here's what you've missed: My region is involved in Word War III this year. It's us versus Finland, who think they can put up with half the nonsense the weather regularly throws at us and come out on top. So therefore it is my duty to trash talk them at every oppourtunity, even when they'll never find out about it.

It's nothing personal, just friendly rivalry.

Also Finnish is lovely and is one of the languages I'm focusing on for my major. It's the only language in it's language group, and I will learn it come hell or high water (or the fact that I have a book from the 1940's and an internet translator.)

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
Any language you like. I bet even Sanskrit is welcome!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff