Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wolf Poison

Chapter 1
“Come on Alex, let’s go home.” I said. Alex begins to hurry over with his dorky glasses bouncing up and down on his nose. As he reaches my side I begin to see his white, frosty breath fog his lenses. He starts our walk home with “Liz, what do we do for Mr. Water’s class as homework tonight?”

I roll my eyes and grunt out “All you have to do is write a one page essay on the animal you chose today.”

“WOAH, you would of thought he would of gave us a three page essay!”

“He’s going easy on us because next week we have a test.” I said

“Eww. I may be a geek but tests are gross!”

I let out a small chuckle and continue my walk home with Alex.

I’ve lived next to Alex my whole life and I’ve gotten used to how geeky he is. My name is Elizabeth Cloud and my best friend is obviously Alex Moon, the hottest, nerdiest kid in all of Quebec High. He and I live on Luck Dr. with the forests of Quebec as our back yards. At the end of our walk he drops me off at my house, just as we do everyday, and then goes home. I walk in the door yelling “I’m home!” so that my mother knows I’ve arrived. I take off my heavy winter coat and kick off my boots. My mother comes and greets me with “ Do you have any homework for today?”
“Of course I do.” I reply

“Well what is it?”

“ A one page essay about the animal of my choosing.”

“Did you choose the Eastern Canadian Red Wolf?”

“Duh!”

“I’ve made you some peanut butter and banana sandwiches and the computer is already on. So hurry up and do your homework so you can help me make dinner.”

“Sounds like a plan.” I said and grab my snack.

I sit down at the metal desk and glare at the ancient computer screen. I decide to call Alex for ideas. I dial the number and wait for an answer. He answers “Moon Residence.”
“ Hey it’s Liz. What animal did you choose for the essay?”

“I chose the Weasel and I’m thinking about doing an essay about it’s diet. You?”

“Well you obviously know I chose the Eastern Canadian Red Wolf and I’m thinking of doing hunting and survival skills.”

“Sounds good. Oh hey Liz I got to go, I have to do my homework now.”

“You’re such a nerd.” And I hang up the phone. I start typing the title, Eastern Canadian Red Wolf Hunting and Survival Skills.

this is all i have right now but basically this girls is changed into a wolf by a witch and runaway into the mountains. the beginning is important because the essay she writes helps her survive as a wolf. but when she cant take it any more she tries to get the spell reversed!!

plzz post what yours is about!

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
You're in desperate need of editing. Your grammar could use help.
ZaiaFantasy
You're in desperate need of editing. Your grammar could use help.

yeah i know but my teacher say just write write write and edit later but other than that it good so far?

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
It won't make a novel but you're progressing. It's not just about quantity. It's about quality, too, and I don't see how writing an essay stems a novel. If you're having troubles with a plot visit my plot bunny help thread.

Blessed Kitten

It has potential, it really does. Just keep writing and see where you go from there! biggrin
It is in heavy need of some editing, this is true.
It's a good idea though.

The conversations aren't flowing naturally to
me. I get stuck with conversation a lot and
sometimes it helps to roleplay it out with a
friend or something. Pitch them the scenario
and see how it pans out. Not to mention,
conversation is a good way to get your count
up!

Keep up the good work. <3

Noob

While yes, it does need a lot of editing and quite possibly a whole rewrite, I'd put your writing level at about 14 years old.

If you are about 14, you're on the right track. It's a start, because you have to start somewhere, and it's always the start that counts.

At this point, you couldn't possibly know how to edit this - which is fine. Leave it.

The point of NaNo is to continue and soldier through it no matter what. Once you have enough experience, you will know exactly what is wrong with it and how to avoid it in the future.

Keep up the good work! <3

Beloved Seeker

9,950 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
ZaiaFantasy
It won't make a novel but you're progressing. It's not just about quantity. It's about quality, too, and I don't see how writing an essay stems a novel. If you're having troubles with a plot visit my plot bunny help thread.

hey, you *just started*, don't worry about grammar, or editing until you get more down.... its a long road to a novel. At the same time, I don't think anyone can really say whether your beginning can become a novel or not, except YOU. You know your desire, and you know what you have planned, with the basic characters, it sounds like a novelette to me, but the books that are most easily published are books for children and teens. ( and there have been some great stories about a wolf and their person surviving winters in the cold, so of course it can be a novel, it just is going to take a LOT of character development and hard work. Good luck. (When it comes time to edit, or for critiquing, i am quite good at giving feedback, feel free to IM me, or chat with me about it.)

Looking forward to see how you turn this short story, into a BOOK. (soft smile) Take care!
celeste
Le King
While yes, it does need a lot of editing and quite possibly a whole rewrite, I'd put your writing level at about 14 years old.

If you are about 14, you're on the right track. It's a start, because you have to start somewhere, and it's always the start that counts.

At this point, you couldn't possibly know how to edit this - which is fine. Leave it.

The point of NaNo is to continue and soldier through it no matter what. Once you have enough experience, you will know exactly what is wrong with it and how to avoid it in the future.

Keep up the good work! <3

well thats good cuz im 13 3nodding 3nodding
hopehopehope
ZaiaFantasy

hey, you *just started*, don't worry about grammar, or editing until you get more down.... its a long road to a novel. At the same time, I don't think anyone can really say whether your beginning can become a novel or not, except YOU. You know your desire, and you know what you have planned, with the basic characters, it sounds like a novelette to me, but the books that are most easily published are books for children and teens. ( and there have been some great stories about a wolf and their person surviving winters in the cold, so of course it can be a novel, it just is going to take a LOT of character development and hard work. Good luck. (When it comes time to edit, or for critiquing, i am quite good at giving feedback, feel free to IM me, or chat with me about it.)

Looking forward to see how you turn this short story, into a BOOK. (soft smile) Take care!
celeste

thx 4 peptalk
xSatashi
It has potential, it really does. Just keep writing and see where you go from there! biggrin

thx and i love ur avi hair
You showed it to me during first hour. Like I told you, it does have potential.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff