Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revered Nerd

Today's Word: ziggurat
Sentence: The temple, the ziggurat to their lady, had stood as the highest structure in the city, they had stuck a silver light at the top to let all who could see it know where they would find a safe place to stay.

I actually did a report on them in seventh grade when we studies ancient cultures. I built a model one out of clay. I never thought I would run into the word again.

Revered Nerd

Today's Word: cumulate
Sentence:To her it was not just another memory off the fall of her city that had cumulated as she refused to forget any wrong done to her people. Each one meant something to her.

And now I am caught up.

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
whimsicaldreamer
Sentence:To her it was not just another memory off the fall of her city that had cumulated as she refused to forget any wrong done to her people. Each one meant something to her.

And now I am caught up.

Your sentence is a bit of a run on. You might consider revising. As it is the words don't flow very well. My suggestion:

"To her it was not just another in the memories that cumulated involving the fall of her city; she refused to forget any wrong done to her people. Each one meant something to her.

Revered Nerd

ZaiaFantasy

Your sentence is a bit of a run on. You might consider revising. As it is the words don't flow very well. My suggestion:

"To her it was not just another in the memories that cumulated involving the fall of her city; she refused to forget any wrong done to her people. Each one meant something to her.

Thank you. Nano tends to have a habit of frying my ability to tell if something flows.

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
Sentence: . I had watched the stuff in there cumulate until no one even dares open it up.

Shadowy Senshi

It's catch up time!

Today's Word: Fey
Sentence: Yet even beneath all those awkward layers there was something about this girl that unnerved the two children. A fey like danger that lurked behind the cold dark eyes and meek demeanour.
If anyone is a word nerd like me, you may be interested to read
this little thread on the differences between 'cumulate' and 'accumulate'.

In any case, the front page is all updated and what have ya. 3nodding

Shadowy Senshi

That was a helpful link thar Hijinx, it reminded me that I often read the word 'cumulative' in scientific journals and such. Or at least back when I used to read them =p

Today's Word: Cumulate
Sentence: Because when a person carries a demon mark they carry the eyes of a demon on them as well. No one dared to venture a guess as to how much attention was paid to orphanages due to the cumulative presence of so many demon bonds.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Today's Word: Fey
Sentence: She pulled out his soul piece by piece, destroying it and then devouring it. Her grin grew perfectly whimsical. Whistling in that feyish manner, she exited the cab.

Shadowy Senshi

I’ve reached that dangerous point of not knowing which words I’ve posted and which I haven’t xD Time for some back reading. Pretty sure the one I’m missing is overwhelm because I left it alone for being so easy…

Today's Word: Ziggurat
Sentence: Not even three days old, pulled from her crib into a world of unknown horrors. So unknown that even Xairyn herself could not tell you anything about her time as a demons surrogate infant. All she could remember was the ziggurat.
Updated!

Morse, I'm going to hold off on your numbers update until you get a
chance to browse. Perhaps, now that the number of words is going
up, I should consider a different tracking method for who's used
which words. x_x

In any case, today we're getting
lachrymose!

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Words written today: 0
My brain is still drained due to the 11,111 challenge yesterday.
I really should do that 7k tomorrow.
For now, bed-time. (already 00:15 of 11-13 here)
Word of the Day Challenge Participant

Gaia Username: xxFiction
NaNoWriMo Username: xFortuneCookie
NaNoWriMo Profile URL: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/xFortuneCookie
NaNo Novel Title: The Ascendo Nocturne
NaNo Novel Link: :3

Today's Word: lachrymose
Sentence: They were both given to the lachrymosity of the moment, and had temporarily lost their ability to speak.
Sentence: Tears cumulated in Brandt’s eyes, but he would not let them fall. Not in front of another. Especially not in front of his best friend.

Would that be proper usage? :

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces