Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Friend

I tried posting this over on the NaNoWriMo site, but they're all a bunch of old fuddy duddies there and ignored me, so I figured I'd come over here where people still knew how to PLAY, haha. My proposal is that, in effort to get some inspiration for our characters and our novels, we do a sort of RP where we're using our main character from our NaNo novels as the character we play. The genres will be quite mixed in a game like this, but I figure that's part of the fun, since your character will be thrust into situations you'd never have thought of on your own. I imagine there must be people besides me who keep getting bewildered by their own character and need to spend a little more time with them in order to get to know them for their novel.

So, how about it? Is anyone in? If I get a few positive responses to this idea, I'll post a few rules for play and we can get started. wink

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
It's a good idea but mixing all the characters and their genres might be confusing to some writers. But I draw a hell of a lot of inspiration from my old roleplays. The novel I'm writing this year is based on an RP concept I developed with a friend.

Invisible Friend

ZaiaFantasy
It's a good idea but mixing all the characters and their genres might be confusing to some writers. But I draw a hell of a lot of inspiration from my old roleplays. The novel I'm writing this year is based on an RP concept I developed with a friend.

Yeah, it might be confusing to some. This sort of thing wouldn't work for everyone, but I'm hoping to find a few that it would work for. I've found that most genres can be mixed almost seamlessly, so long as people are willing to accomodate the speculative genre, though that's already taken care of with this, since my MC is from a science fantasy story, which means this RP would be speculative from the start, haha.

Anyway, are you saying you're interested, or just commenting? Just trying to make sure we're on the same page here, haha.

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Reincarnated_Alphonse
ZaiaFantasy

Yeah, it might be confusing to some. This sort of thing wouldn't work for everyone, but I'm hoping to find a few that it would work for. I've found that most genres can be mixed almost seamlessly, so long as people are willing to accommodate the speculative genre, though that's already taken care of with this, since my MC is from a science fantasy story, which means this RP would be speculative from the start, haha.

Anyway, are you saying you're interested, or just commenting? Just trying to make sure we're on the same page here, haha.

Oh, no, I've already got a solid idea of my story/characters through the RP they came from

Invisible Friend

ZaiaFantasy
Reincarnated_Alphonse
ZaiaFantasy

Yeah, it might be confusing to some. This sort of thing wouldn't work for everyone, but I'm hoping to find a few that it would work for. I've found that most genres can be mixed almost seamlessly, so long as people are willing to accommodate the speculative genre, though that's already taken care of with this, since my MC is from a science fantasy story, which means this RP would be speculative from the start, haha.

Oh, no, I've already got a solid idea of my story/characters through the RP they came from

Lol, okay. The NaNo thread suddenly started working anyway, so I guess I don't really have to start one here. Though if people end up wanting to, I can always have more than one RP of this sort going, but I'm glad that it seems to be working out in at least one place so I can do this. smile

Naughty Enabler

14,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
I'm in, but what genre is your character in? lol

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'm actually trying my hands at NaNoWriMo for the first time this year, and I'm using an RP I was apart of for the inspiration.

Invisible Friend

Man_I_Jizzed2
I'm in, but what genre is your character in? lol

I call my genre "science fantasy". It has science fiction elements, but it reads more like fantasy. Either way, it's definitely speculative, haha. The main character is a shapeshifting alien who was brought up among humans.
I'll give it a go, but I already have a pretty good idea about my story. (Just need some stuff to fill in the blanks.) Mine's a fantasy story about a young sorceress in a world where women aren't allowed to do magic.

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

What you want is something like a "Character Cafe." I've seen it done where there's something along the lines of an interdimensional cafe that any character from any story can wander into and interact with each other. I've established many good NaNo characters in Character Cafes in the past. It's a useful resource.

Invisible Friend

AurinJade
What you want is something like a "Character Cafe." I've seen it done where there's something along the lines of an interdimensional cafe that any character from any story can wander into and interact with each other. I've established many good NaNo characters in Character Cafes in the past. It's a useful resource.

That's sort of it, but I wanted a whole story to be able to unfold from it, rather than just mere interaction. A roleplay seemed to be the only thing that would do it the way I was wanting. It seems there are some people interested both here and on NaNo, so I'll probably post some rules here soon, but right now, I'm too braindead to deal with it. razz

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

Reincarnated_Alphonse
AurinJade

That's sort of it, but I wanted a whole story to be able to unfold from it, rather than just mere interaction. A roleplay seemed to be the only thing that would do it the way I was wanting. It seems there are some people interested both here and on NaNo, so I'll probably post some rules here soon, but right now, I'm too braindead to deal with it. razz

Yeah, I'm not so much into that. My characters already have a story. I don't want to have to try to make them fit in a different one. Good luck with your RP!

Tomo Peets's Prince

Girl-Crazy Protagonist

HELP!

I have a character for my NaNo, and a faint idea of her situation. I greatly would welcome an RP to develop her and her story!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff