Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Genius

You'll have a lot of time after it to refine your story. NaNoWriMo is essentially writing a draft, not a final copy. Don't be afraid to write something that sounds ridiculous or forced, you can always fix it after you're done.

Shy Fairy

8,300 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
⊰ That's always the fun part. God forbid if I actually tried editing it, how much hacking and changing would be made. ⊱
What I like to do is type what i am currently working on in a seprate document. After finishing I am able to redo as much as I like at the current moment after which I copy and paste it into the actual NaNo file. After that I DO NOT TOUCH until december.

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
^.^ Good tip. My Nano is scattered- I started it hand-written in a notebook since my mom and brother were on the laptop and family pc. I have a few parts on google docs, even a few in my journal when google docs was being a butt on my phone. xd

Blessed Cultist

19,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
whelp, that takes off a lot of pressure.

thanks

Big Duck

I was just wondering about this as I was perusing the forum. Thanks for the info! I'm considering doing this at some point when school isn't eating my life.

Victorious Ally

exactly
its really important not to look back or second guess your work while being timed
leave the re-reading for next month
At the end of November I put mine aside for at least a month and try not to even think about it. The when I take it out to start editing and re-writing I am amazed at all the things that jump out at me.
What is this? I just clicked the forum to know : ) if you would be so kind

Hygienic Genius

Lev Hotaru
What is this? I just clicked the forum to know : ) if you would be so kind

National Novel Writing Month. Every November people try to write a 50,000 word draft of a novel. It sounds hard, but plenty of people have done it before. They actually have a website, all you have to do is Google NaNoWriMo. They can probably expand upon my explanation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff