5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
I will be done in 14 days.

Prologue
Chapters 1-14
Epilogue.

3500 words per chapter comes around to 49,000 words. And chapter 10 is done, and has 4,000 words. That's already one day down. Chapter 3 is almost done, and I'm halfway through chapter 1. I think I'm on a good track. Encouraging words help each other though.

Discuss/
/how you plan out your writing
/do you plan your chapters?
/do you name your chapters?
/do you care for the 50,000 word goal?
/how you plan out your writing/
I don't really do that.. I get a spontaneous idea that's story-worthy and after spending a day mulling the idea around in my head, I'll write about a thousand words down. Later, I'll spend a couple of weeks pondering the ideas of several stories in my head and if I come up with anything interesting, I'll write it down, especially if the idea continues to persist.

I don't really do that either. I just write, write, write (or type)! Then, when I come to a suitable ending, I break up the story into chapters during my editing process.

Not really, I like numbering chapters because it leaves a reader with a little bit of mystery.

I think that goal is admirable, but I just care about the story. The story is always going to be more important.

/You/
I am confused. Of your story, you have chapter 10 done, chapter 3 almost done and chapter 1 halfway done- how do you write your story? Have you outlined it or something similar?

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Kikinumi
I don't really do that.. I get a spontaneous idea that's story-worth and after spending a day mulling the idea around in my head, I'll write about a thousand words down. Later I'll spend a of weeks pondering the ideas of several stories in my head and if I come up with anything interesting, I'll write them down, especially if the idea bugs me.

I don't really do that either. I just write, write, write (or type)! Then when I come to a suitable ending, I break up the story into chapters during my editing process.

Not really, I like numbering chapters because it leaves a reader in a little bit of suspense.

I think that goal is admirable, but I just care about the story. The story is always going to be more important.

/You/
I am confused. Of your story, you have chapter 10 done, chapter 3 almost done and chapter 1 halfway done- how do you write your story? Have you outlined it or something similar?

Yes is it outlined. I always have and end and beginning first, and work on how the middle carries it over in an exciting, thoughtful, and emotional way.

I normally look at how many chapters I will need, devide them by super-subjects, or by major timeline skips, and then jump around to keep my mind fresh.

Sparkly Phantom

8,050 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
For the most part I've let the idea sit around in my head, but towards the end of October I started laying out a rough outline of where I want the story to go.
Now for the chapters themselves, I've got a file named 'Nanowrimo Project' on my desktop that I'll open up, hit CTRL-END, and start adding a little more each day. I figure I'll cross the chapter division bridge when the month is over and I go back to correct any mistakes. Naming them? If I were to come up with something witty for each one, possibly, but I might save that for a collection of drabbles instead.
I'd like to shoot for the 50k goal, but if it doesn't happen I won't worry about it. This is my first year so I my true goal is to use Nano as an outlet to unwind from the college coursework. 3nodding

I think it's pretty awesome that you've got it planned out so far; way to go! smile

Stellar Bunny

17,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
How you plan out your writing?
Usually, if I can think in an interesting situation, and several options to happen because this situation or, in order to make that situation happen, I write about it. The rest, almost is comming alone.

Do you plan your chapters?
Shame on me, but no. sweatdrop
I just follow the flow.

Do you name your chapters?
Sometimes, but not always is necessary.

Do you care for the 50,000 word goal?
A little. I want to reach it in time. evil
KT_JDDD

Yes is it outlined. I always have and end and beginning first, and work on how the middle carries it over in an exciting, thoughtful, and emotional way.

I normally look at how many chapters I will need, devide them by super-subjects, or by major timeline skips, and then jump around to keep my mind fresh.
I see, that makes sense. Thank you for replying. If you don't mind me asking, how do you idicate timeline skips in your writing?

Blessed Kitten

I usually come up with a rough outline of what I want to do, get halfway through with it, and see where I want to go from there.

/do you plan your chapters?/

No.

/do you name your chapters?/

When I'm done with the whole thing, I do, or when I know what the title will be.

/do you care for the 50,000 word goal?/

Yes ;A;

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
/how you plan out your writing
whatever that comes in my mind and my brain dictates, I write down.

I don't even have them

see answer above

yes. why would we participate in it if we ain't?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff