Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am debating whether or not to do this, so right now I am just kind of... dilly-dallying about. XD
But my problem right now is a sentence.

"And so he began walking, leaving behind a trail of confusion, mystery and a plethora of assumptions that were ready to be made. "

Does anyone see something wrong with it like me, and therefore a possible solution? Or does it look fine? /dies

Benevolent Lunatic

24,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
Well, you've got 23 words so far...only 49977 left to go!
It seems fine to me. Maybe you're over analyzing it.
Haha, no, I have 335. XD Just started a little bit ago. c:
Nuna
It seems fine to me. Maybe you're over analyzing it.
Possibly. I hate when I get those kinds of sentences that just look... wrong. XD
Thank you. c:

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
My internal editor (that drunk! ) sees nothing wrong.
Thank you. c:
r e d L 0 B S T 3 R
I am debating whether or not to do this, so right now I am just kind of... dilly-dallying about. XD

"And so he began walking, leaving behind a trail of confusion, mystery and a plethora of assumptions that were ready to be made. "

Does anyone see something wrong with it like me, and therefore a possible solution? Or does it look fine? /dies

...leaving behind a trail of confusion AND mystery, compounding the plethora of assumptions ready to be made....

Or something similar. You've got two words that work as a list, and then a third that is something else entirely.

Does this make sense?
AndreaHarper
r e d L 0 B S T 3 R

...leaving behind a trail of confusion AND mystery, compounding the plethora of assumptions ready to be made....

Or something similar. You've got two words that work as a list, and then a third that is something else entirely.

Does this make sense?
Kind of. XD
Is it possible for you to elaborate more? /facepalm
The word "compounding" is confusing me, I think. And I feel so stupid saying that. XD
I guess I just don't know... What that means?
I mean, I know the word, but.. Haha, I don't know.
r e d L 0 B S T 3 R
AndreaHarper
r e d L 0 B S T 3 R

Does this make sense?
Kind of. XD
The word "compounding" is confusing me, I think. And I feel so stupid saying that. XD

Compounding: Adding, making more, multiplying. (Like compound interest smile ) You could instead say something like ...adding to the plethora of assumptions ready to be made... or something like that. Basically, the sentence is saying that his trail of confusion and mystery is taking this huge pile of assumptions and making it even bigger.

And I'm sorry. Linguistics major. You're lucky I didn't come out with something like asymptote or defenestrated.

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
AndreaHarper
r e d L 0 B S T 3 R

Does this make sense?

But she's (?) not trying to suggest cause and effect, she's just saying he left a plethora of yet to be made assumptions behind him, along with some other things.

If you treat the assumptions as a thing (well, multiple metaphysical things) they can totally be listed like that.

Either way it doesn't matter. Remember, November is for writing, December is for editing.
AndreaHarper
r e d L 0 B S T 3 R
AndreaHarper
r e d L 0 B S T 3 R

Does this make sense?
Kind of. XD

Compounding: Adding, making more, multiplying. (Like compound interest smile ) You could instead say something like ...adding to the plethora of assumptions ready to be made... or something like that. Basically, the sentence is saying that his trail of confusion and mystery is taking this huge pile of assumptions and making it even bigger.

And I'm sorry. Linguistics major. You're lucky I didn't come out with something like asymptote or defenestrated.
Oh, wow, do I feel dumb. I understand now. xD
Thank you!

Haha, and to think I know the word asymptote. XD c:

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
AndreaHarper

On a totally unrelated note, 'defenestrated' is my favorite word.
r e d L 0 B S T 3 R
AndreaHarper
r e d L 0 B S T 3 R
AndreaHarper
r e d L 0 B S T 3 R

Does this make sense?
Kind of. XD

Oh, wow, do I feel dumb. I understand now. xD
Thank you!

Haha, and to think I know the word asymptote. XD c:

How about defenestrated? ;D
boyamiconfuzed
AndreaHarper

On a totally unrelated note, 'defenestrated' is my favorite word.

Isn't it fabulous?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces