Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
This year I am working on Red Ellen the story of a girl who has just discovered that she is a changeling, and to be more specific she is a fairy princess. Her kingdom consists of the city she lives in and she's responsible for all the supernatural folks who live there, including werewolves, wizards and undead. What's more, each of those three groups have posed a suitor to woo her and become the king to her queen. Now she must choose between hunky Jason the werewolf, exotic Ralph the wizard and bad boy Nate who is, you guessed it, a vampire. The only other changelings in town to help her out are her cousin Jasper and his girlfriend Jade, both of whom are part dragon.

Can anybody make a cover for this story please?

Invisible Pawn

Hidariude
This year I am working on Red Ellen the story of a girl who has just discovered that she is a changeling, and to be more specific she is a fairy princess. Her kingdom consists of the city she lives in and she's responsible for all the supernatural folks who live there, including werewolves, wizards and undead. What's more, each of those three groups have posed a suitor to woo her and become the king to her queen. Now she must choose between hunky Jason the werewolf, exotic Ralph the wizard and bad boy Nate who is, you guessed it, a vampire. The only other changelings in town to help her out are her cousin Jasper and his girlfriend Jade, both of whom are part dragon.

I'm working on a cover of my own so I can't make one for you, but I can help.

Sounds like you're righting a fantasy story, so a cover really would be appealing. How do you want the cover to look? Artists are going to need to know more details and have a basis to work with.

Do you want the main character to be featured on the cover? If so, you'll need to describe her appearance in as much detail as possible. Likewise, if you want her suitors on the cover, you'll need to describe them as well.

Even if you aren't good at drawing, you can still plot out how you'd like your cover drawn. You can draw stick figures and rudimentary shapes and label them. It'll be a big help for anyone who might be interested in designing your cover.

Anyway, good luck with your story! It definitely sounds like something I wouldn't mind reading.

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
XonyMudd
Hidariude

I'm working on a cover of my own so I can't make one for you, but I can help.

Sounds like you're righting a fantasy story, so a cover really would be appealing. How do you want the cover to look? Artists are going to need to know more details and have a basis to work with.

Do you want the main character to be featured on the cover? If so, you'll need to describe her appearance in as much detail as possible. Likewise, if you want her suitors on the cover, you'll need to describe them as well.

Even if you aren't good at drawing, you can still plot out how you'd like your cover drawn. You can draw stick figures and rudimentary shapes and label them. It'll be a big help for anyone who might be interested in designing your cover.

Anyway, good luck with your story! It definitely sounds like something I wouldn't mind reading.

I have an excerpt on NaNoWriMo and I was hoping someone would go read that and get inspiration. If nobody has the time to do all that, then the cover should feature Ellen, who has red hair, green eyes, pointy elven ears and generally looks like a beautiful fairy princess. Beyond that, read the synopsis and be inspired to create whatever background seems fitting.
Sounds interesting. I would read that. Good luck with your cover! Maybe check the freebies thread.

I imagine a cover having a full body fairy changeling posed something like this -
User Image
with either the dudes in the background above her in a much lighter colour or some sparkles or something.

Then the title along the top if their are no dudes there or along the bottom if their are.
That being said I am not the best at design.

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
ReRe_is_sweet
Sounds interesting. I would read that. Good luck with your cover! Maybe check the freebies thread.

I imagine a cover having a full body fairy changeling posed something like this -
User Image
with either the dudes in the background above her in a much lighter colour or some sparkles or something.

Then the title along the top if their are no dudes there or along the bottom if their are.
That being said I am not the best at design.

I wasn't going for the anime angle this time, and as she's 16 I was intending to cover her body more, but other than that, you're on the right track.

Invisible Pawn

Hidariude

How might a user on gaia be able to locate your excerpt on there? Mind you, I know very little about the site, but I've been there and I don't see a way to actually interact with anyone. I don't have an account there, so if a potential cover designer wanted to help you, but did not want to commit to joining NaNoWriMo, they'd need something to go off of.

Anyway, gonna go ahead and bump this thread for you!
Hidariude

Sorry, I have no artistic talent. But that sounds like a cool story.

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
XonyMudd
Hidariude

How might a user on gaia be able to locate your excerpt on there? Mind you, I know very little about the site, but I've been there and I don't see a way to actually interact with anyone. I don't have an account there, so if a potential cover designer wanted to help you, but did not want to commit to joining NaNoWriMo, they'd need something to go off of.

Anyway, gonna go ahead and bump this thread for you!

Red Ellen is at the other end of the link I just gave you. Also when you get to the website, cick the search tab, select "Novels", and search for "Red Ellen".

Luminous Spirit

tab YUS. Someone else writing about changelings and faery princesses. Even though my chick is a queen.

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
Silently Wishful
tab YUS. Someone else writing about changelings and faery princesses. Even though my chick is a queen.

Actually she will be queen. It's the first of a trilogy and as a teenager she is a princess, but when she turns twenty-one at the beginning of the third book, she's queen because she's the highest ranking adult fairy in her kingdom.

Luminous Spirit

Hidariude
Silently Wishful

Actually she will be queen. It's the first of a trilogy and as a teenager she is a princess, but when she turns twenty-one at the beginning of the third book, she's queen because she's the highest ranking adult fairy in her kingdom.

tab Okay. Cool. biggrin

Enlightened Hero

34,475 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Bookworm 100
Okay I got a cover over at the official NaNoWriMo website forum so I don't need a cover anymore, check it out.

User Image

Also, Ellen being Fairy Queen/Princess is a pretty big deal. Her kingdom is part of upstate New York and while the fairy population consists of only three people, including her, and a unicorn, her kingdom also includes thousands of wizards and werewolves and a few weretigers, and they are all her royal subjects. It's good to be queen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff