Welcome to Gaia! ::

EDIT: I've a beta, thank you. heart

So now I'll just show off my stuff.

My Story is Sci Fi, it basically takes all of the good Space Operas and blends them in to oatmeal, then sticks it all in to the computer, like they all live in Tron or some thing, only there is no spoon to eat the Sci Fi Oatmeal... so it's messy.

Any way, to show off....

Art By Me:

My characters... You can see I borrowed the outfits from Star Trek.
User Image

Main characters, doing some exploration
User Image

The main two, again...
User Image

The Captain, again, in my ever changing style...
User Image

And an art from when i thought I'd to an "Ocean Opera", before I settled quite firmly
on a computer world.
User Image

Hark, I have passed the 50K mark! I have done it with out grace, editing, or proper sentence formation. I have flailed and bled and thrust words upon digital paper with out heed. My dialogue is wretched and my lines are all passe and flat.

Yet behold!

*Holds up what looks like a dictionary that has been eaten, then thrown up*

My masterpiece.

cat_crying

So... so wonderful....

*Ahem*

Cheap literary theatrics aside, I would be most happy if I could get a little help with a beta skimming. I say skimming because there are two things I know for sure:

1, I don't know if this is good enough of a concept/story/have good enough characters/etc... to put in any more effort
2. If it IS good enough I have to start all the way back at page one and write the whole thing all over again. (I'm sure I'm not the only 50K person to know this is what needs to happen to make the story actually readable.)

The problem is I have other projects already going on. I have two huge Naruto Fan Fics, The Fox and the Wolf and Growing pains, and I'd love to get at least one of them done before I die.

But those are fan fiction.

This story is... well... not exactly.... fan fiction. What I've done is take all of my favourite/most popular Sci Fi and stuck it in a blender, boiled off the useless stuff, tossed in some parts of other shows for spice, and baked it. It's not the most delicious thing that's ever come out of my mental oven. It's burnt like I decided to go with the industrial medical autoclave rather than your standard peasant tandoor. The principle is there, but I know my execution is just way off.

The result is pretty much the Crew of the original Star Trek running around in the SGC while I try to hash out a plot that makes some semblance of scene, all while watching Freeman's Mind over and over again. That would have worked, had I planed it, but that much snark next to the 1960 glitter and ray-gun space opera makes for some really stilted characterization.

BLARG...

Any way, is there any one who's interested in looking this pile of verbal trash over and giving me an outside view on my work. I'm not so insecure that I need other people to love my work, but I just honestly don't know if I should put any more effort in to this. I'm looking for a diamond in the rough, only that rough is a pile of broken glass, and those diamonds are probably zirconium any way. But I'm not a gem expert.

I'm happy with broken, burnt, 249.8 degrees glass shards! The question, really, is what do you want?

PM me if you are interested. I'm not going to just toss hot glass shards all over the place and expect just any one to be able to doge that. I don't want to hurt people with my writing. emotion_donotwant heart heart
what is beta??
1thethebeasts
what is beta??

A beta is a person who beta reads your story and helps you fix mistakes like grammar, plot holes, and strange wording. Things like that. ^_^

Questionable Lover

Congrats! I'd love to help beta (because I adore critiquing) but I actually finished nano this year. I've got my own editing to do. sad Sorry and good luck!
Princess Party Pocky
Congrats! I'd love to help beta (because I adore critiquing) but I actually finished nano this year. I've got my own editing to do. sad Sorry and good luck!

Thank you and congratulations back at you.

I'm so happy to have gotten it done that to me, even as horribly written as it is, It's still my treasure. heart Beta or no it;s a wonderful feeling, isn’t it?
how can iearn a big gaia gold? i dont even know?.. 3nodding 3nodding
Post a lot. But in the right forums.
welcome to the ranks of 'winers'??

I'm not in the position to say anything about it though. I got stuck at about 8000 words... I'll try again with another story this month...probably
Yunachu
welcome to the ranks of 'winers'??

I'm not in the position to say anything about it though. I got stuck at about 8000 words... I'll try again with another story this month...probably

Heh, didn't even notice that, XD That's why I need a beta reader. lol

8K is still a good start. That's more than you had before November. ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas