Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Sex Symbol

10,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Took me an hour to just write 300 words, which took up 2 pages when i hand wrote it. What about you guys? How long does it take you to write a page or to a certain number of words?

Timid Risk-Taker

I type and cheat my margins. This usually results in a word count of 600-800. How long depends on my motivation and how far ahead I've 'seen' the scene. I think my best time for that amount of is 1 hour whereas my worst is 3 hours, I think

High-functioning Detective

I have done over a thousand words n a twenty minute word war. It just depends on how motivated I am and where I am in the novel. If I am at a time of high dialogue it will take me longer, but if I'm not then it's no problem typing that much.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
It depends on what the page is about, for a lab report about an hour for a detailed 4 page report.

For creative writing , it also really depends on how creative I am on the day, I could get a page out every hour on a good day and stare at a blank page for hours on a bad day.

6,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
I wrote 5 pages in about an 40 minutes to an hour. I think it really depends on if you have a really clear idea of the story and where it's going. I knew exactly what my character was doing those 5 pages.

I think that's still pretty slow though, right?

Aged Loiterer

About 700 words on a page, which takes about 20 minutes on a good day when I'm invested in the scene and I set a time and do nothing but stare at my paper. On a less productive day, or on a scene I like less/can't get in to, it might take between 40 minutes to an hour. It all depends.
Depends on the kind of writing I'm going for, really.
If I'm writing because I personally want to, I can normally slam out a solid page rather quickly. Dependency on how motivated I am at the time is a big factor, though.
...Writing essays, on the other hand..
well, that takes awhile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas