• Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Will Anyne take the Test? biggrin

7,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'm up to the challenge. I'm currently working on ideas now.

Otherworldly Witch

35,325 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Exciting Experiment 50
You only need 1,667 words a day, which can go fast depending on what you're writing.. descriptions and conversations eat up a lot of them -nods-

Witty Nerd

I don't care what anyone says. Writing 50k words in a month and trying to make a concise and worthwhile story out of it is hard.
Of course, this is also coming up from someone whose time is eaten up by school and hasn't actually finished a 50k story in a month (I didn't even write anything for last year I don't think, well maybe I might have started on something). At the same time, you're writing 1,667 words per day every day going by what the guy above me (at time of writing this post said) for an entire month. If you have the time to dedicate, don't get distracted too easily, can keep motivated to write this thing, and not lose inspiration for your story, great, I don't think it'll be all that hard and it'll be a worthwhile experience. If not ... eh expect things to get a little iffy a week or so in (if that).

8,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~
I don't care what anyone says. Writing 50k words in a month and trying to make a concise and worthwhile story out of it is hard.
Of course, this is also coming up from someone whose time is eaten up by school and hasn't actually finished a 50k story in a month (I didn't even write anything for last year I don't think, well maybe I might have started on something). At the same time, you're writing 1,667 words per day every day going by what the guy above me (at time of writing this post said) for an entire month. If you have the time to dedicate, don't get distracted too easily, can keep motivated to write this thing, and not lose inspiration for your story, great, I don't think it'll be all that hard and it'll be a worthwhile experience. If not ... eh expect things to get a little iffy a week or so in (if that).

The thing to remember, though, is that it's a shitty first draft. It doesn't HAVE to be a concise and worthwhile story, because you can always go in and edit it later (I know mine is going to need editing, and I"m only in the first 2k words). It's not hard if you have the time and the patience. I signed up months ago, I'm all in.

Witty Nerd

The Porcelain Cat
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~

The thing to remember, though, is that it's a shitty first draft. It doesn't HAVE to be a concise and worthwhile story, because you can always go in and edit it later (I know mine is going to need editing, and I"m only in the first 2k words). It's not hard if you have the time and the patience. I signed up months ago, I'm all in.

Problem is I don't have a lot of either. emo
Okay I can be patient but um...

I'm also a bit of a perfectionist, and I end up worrying over minor details and stuff. Also, if the story just sounds horrible I end up losing motivation to write it and well... when I write I usually end up winging it so I never have a plan for what I'm going to write. That ends up being a bit of a problem when it comes to NaNo because I get stuck on one part and I'm not entirely sure how I'd move forward.

8,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~
The Porcelain Cat
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~

I'm also a bit of a perfectionist, and I end up worrying over minor details and stuff. Also, if the story just sounds horrible I end up losing motivation to write it and well... when I write I usually end up winging it so I never have a plan for what I'm going to write. That ends up being a bit of a problem when it comes to NaNo because I get stuck on one part and I'm not entirely sure how I'd move forward.

I've got a plan for writers block: Add the most random stuff I can and get back to the main plot later. x3 At least that way stuff is still getting written, and then I can go in and edit it later.

Witty Nerd

The Porcelain Cat
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~
The Porcelain Cat
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~

I've got a plan for writers block: Add the most random stuff I can and get back to the main plot later. x3 At least that way stuff is still getting written, and then I can go in and edit it later.

I have the feeling that your story is going to end up being pretty interesting ... lol
I'm actually planning on writing a series (50) of short stories so I don't end up having to worry about writer's blocks and working on/ruining the "main" story. This way I can flesh out my characters and the background and everything and have a workable setting, etc. for next year when I do end up writing bits and pieces of the "main" plot. 3nodding
Short stories are easier to write than long ones, and, as I said, I'm not much of a planner so uh ... consider it a bit of late planning. sweatdrop

Junior Werewolf

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
It's gonna be super-hard for me.
'm homeschooled, so at least I have extra time, but it also means I have no knowledge of how the public school system works, leaving me bewildered about the daily lives of my characters.
Then there's Girl Scouts and 4H, taking time away.
Then my lack of being able to come up with a decent plot. My mind jumps from idea to idea in anachronic order.
Then my lack of being able to phrase things correctly.

I'm doomed for failure...

8,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~
The Porcelain Cat
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~
The Porcelain Cat
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~

I have the feeling that your story is going to end up being pretty interesting ... lol
I'm actually planning on writing a series (50) of short stories so I don't end up having to worry about writer's blocks and working on/ruining the "main" story. This way I can flesh out my characters and the background and everything and have a workable setting, etc. for next year when I do end up writing bits and pieces of the "main" plot. 3nodding
Short stories are easier to write than long ones, and, as I said, I'm not much of a planner so uh ... consider it a bit of late planning. sweatdrop

Do what Ray Bradbury did with Dandelion Wine: Write a bunch of short stories around a series of events happening in one town. x3
And yes, mine is bound to wind up getting very... 'interesting'. ._. It's a semi-serious plot that I could actually publish with if I edit it hardcore later, but... haha. ._.

Witty Nerd

The Porcelain Cat
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~
The Porcelain Cat
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~
The Porcelain Cat
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~

Do what Ray Bradbury did with Dandelion Wine: Write a bunch of short stories around a series of events happening in one town. x3
And yes, mine is bound to wind up getting very... 'interesting'. ._. It's a semi-serious plot that I could actually publish with if I edit it hardcore later, but... haha. ._.

Ha.
Scratch out one town and replace it with one universe. ._.
( maybe I'll focus on something smaller )
If you edit it hardcore. You're planning on publishing? O:

Muffers's Husband

Mind-boggling Blob

I've done it four years in a row now. It's not much of a challenge anymore. Mostly it's just fun.

8,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~
The Porcelain Cat
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~
The Porcelain Cat
~ [ D A I S U K E] ~

Ha.
Scratch out one town and replace it with one universe. ._.
( maybe I'll focus on something smaller )
If you edit it hardcore. You're planning on publishing? O:

I'm pretty sure I've got a plot going here that could be publishable, with some work and maybe some research. So yeah, the dream that I've had since 7th grade of publishing it definitely a possibility.

Rainbow Rogue

10,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Writing 1667 words a day isn't that hard, but when you have to do it EVERYDAY... that's when it gets challenging. That, and trying to keep the story interesting.

Outlines are your best friend 3nodding

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
well considering i've written 1,003 words in about 45 minutes, I'd have to say not that hard. you'd only have to write about 2,000 words a day to finish in less than a month. And if you already have a pretty good idea about what your story will be, it should be a lot easier than it sounds.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff