Welcome to Gaia! ::

Virtuous Sex Symbol

And I'm superbly excited. User Image Though, I'm sure I won't finish my novel in one month! xD
How about you guys? Are you concerned about the time limit? Are you super excited? Hows your novel coming along? ^_^

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Welcome to the NaNoWriMo forum! You still have plenty of time to finish. biggrin

Sequiinz
And I'm superbly excited. User Image Though, I'm sure I won't finish my novel in one month! xD
How about you guys? Are you concerned about the time limit? Are you super excited? Hows your novel coming along? ^_^

Virtuous Sex Symbol

Panagrammic
Welcome to the NaNoWriMo forum! You still have plenty of time to finish. biggrin

Sequiinz

I sure hope I can do it ^_^
The last novel (well actually it was a novella) that I tried to write I never finished and I spent over a year to get a whopping 13 pages done xD I work ridiculously slow lol. But I really think I have a good idea with my novel this time ^___^

Tipsy Shapeshifter

Welcome to NaNo-Land!! We're all mad here, ya know smile

What's your novel about? Mine's a fantasy about a division of knights attempting to figure out why the caravans of food to poor towns are being attacked. It's a bit more complicated involving corruption within the free market system, but I'm happy with how it's going so far.
This is my first time doing NaNoWriMo, and I'm some kind of terrible mess between excited and terrified. xD I'm working under the assumption that I'll get it done, though. One can only hope!

How are you coming along, op? What's your novel about?

17,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Cheerleader 200
Sequiinz
The last novel (well actually it was a novella) that I tried to write I never finished and I spent over a year to get a whopping 13 pages done xD I work ridiculously slow lol. But I really think I have a good idea with my novel this time ^___^

Part of the benefit/challenge of NaNo is to push you to write quickly, so you don't agonize over every word. So I would suggest keeping that in mind: your first writing is always a rough draft. I, personally, tend to be a perfectionist with things, so I always have to remember to just let things go, and to wait until I'm finished to start editing. The goal is to get your juices flowing, and to put things down on the pageā€”not to create a polished masterpiece. If you work on doing that, I'm sure you'll discover you can write faster. ^_^ Good luck!
I'm a newcomer to NaNoWriMo too! I actually forgot about it til I saw the forum for it. I just started a new storyline, I think I could do it, but i'm not sure XD I'm trying not to think of how daunting a task 50,000 words could be. I have another story that's further along 13 pages, but I might not work on that one.
First year at NaNoWriMo! blaugh
I am super concerned about the time limit since i have problems with the side of me that's a perfectionist for these sorts of things sweatdrop I don't think i could finish the entire thing in one months, but definitely get close to finishing!

I had this story already written down as a first version that i never finished, but it was too much for me, so i decided to scrap the frist version and write a new plot from scratch for the NaNoWriMo, but that's not so hard for me, i think the basic plot for the story came to me in about a few seconds after i decided to dump the first version xd It's the details that kill/derail me from topic confused
Raia Arimary

I totally understand that. I have several stories that will probably never be finished and if I ever do work on them again I'll probably just start from scratch. For me it's other ideas distracting from the original or writer's block that kills me sweatdrop

Virtuous Sex Symbol

firelord65

What's your novel about? Mine's a fantasy about a division of knights attempting to figure out why the caravans of food to poor towns are being attacked. It's a bit more complicated involving corruption within the free market system, but I'm happy with how it's going so far.

Wow... My book sounds so cheesy compared to something so... complicated. I guess I'm a novice when it comes to writing novels. I've won some essay writing contests and poetry contests when I was younger. But a novel is a much bigger, looming thing that is much more significant, at least in my opinion. Mines kinda cliche I guess ^_^;;

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Sequiinz
firelord65

Wow... My book sounds so cheesy compared to something so... complicated. I guess I'm a novice when it comes to writing novels. I've won some essay writing contests and poetry contests when I was younger. But a novel is a much bigger, looming thing that is much more significant, at least in my opinion. Mines kinda cliche I guess ^_^;;

Don't fret.
Mine is more like a stretched child's bedtime story.

Gallant Knight

27,000 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
I just joined yesterday afternoon,and I'm doing surprisingly well so far. I'm the kind of person who takes months to write a chapter of a story (around 5000 words), so I considered myself slow and thought I might not finish it.

With that in mind, as well as my slow typing pace, I've got 4300 words right now. You will surely be able to finish if you just focus on the goal of 50,000 by the 30th.

Good luck to you, and everyone else that's participating. I hope to see you at the finish line at the end of this month. biggrin

Virtuous Sex Symbol

Mutant Husband Erik
This is my first time doing NaNoWriMo, and I'm some kind of terrible mess between excited and terrified. xD I'm working under the assumption that I'll get it done, though. One can only hope!

How are you coming along, op? What's your novel about?

Well.. I currently have about a half page, in size 10 font. Lol. So not very far along. Its about a 17 year old girl who gets kidnapped while asleep in the back of her parents car. The kidnapper is a 21 year old, with some serious issues hes trying to deal with, who steals the car with her in the back. Its kind of an adventure/romance. The second half of the book though, is going to be a different setting, and its going to be a different feel. There's a lot more to it though. I think its not going to be too bad, hopefully! xD

Virtuous Sex Symbol

Lori Annalynn
Sequiinz

Part of the benefit/challenge of NaNo is to push you to write quickly, so you don't agonize over every word. So I would suggest keeping that in mind: your first writing is always a rough draft. I, personally, tend to be a perfectionist with things, so I always have to remember to just let things go, and to wait until I'm finished to start editing. The goal is to get your juices flowing, and to put things down on the pageā€”not to create a polished masterpiece. If you work on doing that, I'm sure you'll discover you can write faster. ^_^ Good luck!

I never think to do that. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my writing. That's why I didn't get far in my novella (I also had no idea how it was going to end so that was a bit of a hindrance). However for this story I've had the whole novel floating around in my head for several months, brewing and steaming. Lol. So I have a pretty good idea of where its going ^_^ And thanks for the wish of luck!

Virtuous Sex Symbol

Aine Rayne
I'm a newcomer to NaNoWriMo too! I actually forgot about it til I saw the forum for it. I just started a new storyline, I think I could do it, but i'm not sure XD I'm trying not to think of how daunting a task 50,000 words could be. I have another story that's further along 13 pages, but I might not work on that one.

I'm a bit nervous, because I'm generally a slow idea maker. So its going to be a struggle, but I'm eager to try it ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff