Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I've been wanting to do this for a couple years now and this year, I finally decided to cave and participate. I'm shooting for 2.5k a night with each chapter being 5k. So by the time I hit the end of my novel (10 or 11 chapters) I'll have the 50k mark met. Going to have music blaring in the background because I write my best when there is music.

Any other advice?
Kitsune Muggy

join us in the big nano thread found right here. might be a little fast sometimes but we are full of wars, RETs, encouragement, help, veterans, newbies, and novels of all genres! we're great for helping you push through and keep going during the month. c;

as for general advice: just keep going. even if you get into a rut or feel like something isn't working out right just highlight it and move on. remember for november we are just trying to get the story out. revision can come later.

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
smutty cannibal prince
Kitsune Muggy

join us in the big nano thread found right here. might be a little fast sometimes but we are full of wars, RETs, encouragement, help, veterans, newbies, and novels of all genres! we're great for helping you push through and keep going during the month. c;

as for general advice: just keep going. even if you get into a rut or feel like something isn't working out right just highlight it and move on. remember for november we are just trying to get the story out. revision can come later.

Alright. I know how to get a basic story out. XD I'm not a newbie writer in the slightest. But writing 50k is what is new. Lol.
Kitsune Muggy
smutty cannibal prince
Kitsune Muggy

Alright. I know how to get a basic story out. XD I'm not a newbie writer in the slightest. But writing 50k is what is new. Lol.

Have you tried looking at the Nanowrimo site?

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Moral Gutpunch
Kitsune Muggy
smutty cannibal prince
Kitsune Muggy

Have you tried looking at the Nanowrimo site?

Yes I did. It was just the basics. Jam more in the last week, set a schedule, and have fun.

What I'm looking for is advice website doesn't list.
Kitsune Muggy

Yes I did. It was just the basics. Jam more in the last week, set a schedule, and have fun.

What I'm looking for is advice website doesn't list.

The site also sends you e-mails about every other day on getting work done, but I don't know how well those would help you.

After that the best I can suggest is a writing buddy.

Beloved Prophet

Don't stress out! That's a major thing, haha. No good writing can come out if you're stressed (unless you're one of those people who do well under pressure...). Don't get discouraged! Stay motivated! Character development is very important, and details are always nice! Bounce off ideas to a friend/buddy/whichever. Feedback is fantastic, and it can help you expand your own ideas.

Good luck! It might seem like a daunting task, but you can do it!
Don't focus on editing if you can help it. Just stick to the bare minimum of what you can understand and fix things later.
Don't worry about making chapters specific lengths. Just write.

Barking Bear

My advice to you:

Even if you've been writing for years, if you're not a newb, and you think you have it handled: Get a support group. Your experience will help you, but you may find that it's completely different than you've ever done before. You say this is your first time and it will feel like the first time you've ever written a novel. Ever. Because it's such a tight time constraint, it's hardly even legitimate. smutty cannibal prince suggested one support group, but I respect your decision not to join us. I still think you need to find someone to talk to more consistently, someone who can hold you accountable for your novel.

Accountability, conference, writer friends, humbleness, open mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff