Welcome to Gaia! ::

viewtyjoe's Wife

Wrathful Healer

40,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
So I made this thread at the official NaNo site, but I thought I'd make it here too.

Got a favorite snippet from your daily writing? Want to share it so others can laugh, cry, or just enjoy it with you? And since this is day for go ahead and post your back log of favorites too!

viewtyjoe's Wife

Wrathful Healer

40,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
I'm posting my back log, since I haven't actually done my day 4 writing yet, it's still early.

Day One:
Didn't actually have one, because I was still just getting into the swing of things

Day Two:
Quote:
He smiled, running a hand through his dark wet hair. “You’re awfully spunky for someone who claims to have given up on life.”

Day Three:
Quote:
A woman came from a hallway Cassie hadn’t noticed in her first glance. The blond wasn’t really looking at them yet. Her eyes were closed and her hands were occupied as she attempted to tie back her long shimmering locks. “You’re back rather early. I would have thought you’d be gone all day. Did you miss me that much?” A smirk crossed her face before she opened her eyes, a hand moving from her hair to her hip. When she finally saw what was going on she blinked wildly. “Walker! How many times have I told you there are better ways to carry a person than that?!”

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I haven't kept track of days but this is my favorite from yesterday.
Quote:
I crawled along the wall to the kitchen, grabbing a lukewarm cup of liquid caffeine and nuking it until it was hot enough to leave blisters, then downed it with enough speed to make it some unofficial record. I cringed as the heat and sweet, sweet stimulants made their way into my system, and I was wide awake. Or awake enough to notice what had been a full-house last night had turned into a ghost town.

viewtyjoe's Wife

Wrathful Healer

40,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Le Scratch

Very interesting, it's also a really good teaser to make me want to read more.

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Rose Songstress
Le Scratch
Very interesting, it's also a really good teaser to make me want to read more.
I seem to be good at that, or so people who have read my writing say.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Quote:
... he reflected on the absurdity of her being more scared of him than he was of her. He was only a demon after all. He still had no idea what exactly She was.

Actually from a few days ago, but I think it's the best I've got thus far.

viewtyjoe's Wife

Wrathful Healer

40,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Magical Girl 50
terradi
Quote:
... he reflected on the absurdity of her being more scared of him than he was of her. He was only a demon after all. He still had no idea what exactly She was.

I have to say, I like that quote.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Rose Songstress
terradi
Quote:

I have to say, I like that quote.

Thanks! I wish the rest of the story was that good. Ah well, maybe when I revise it it'll get better.

Shy Dabbler

Quote:
“I’m going to kill you, you know.”
“Now don’t tell me that, I might actually get scared.”
“You’d probably survive if you were.”

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Not too fond of things I wrote today, but there's this:

Quote:
At the founding of the city, some initial residents attached a holy significance to the life-sustaining river. Now, those with stronger ties to their family lines were wary of the water, especially as it neared the old ruins of original chapels and churches. Maybe, they figured, some being higher up was angry at them. Maybe they were doing something wrong.

Beloved Cutesmasher

12,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Quote:
Tseka kept her eyes on the oncoming storm. "They’re not going to listen to me. Can you show them? At least a few people to get them to convince others?”
Erizen frowned.
“That sounds very inefficient,” he stated.
“Erizen! This-” Tseka began to hiss at him, but he flapped a hand in an irritated, dismissive gesture. She nearly throttled him, but she managed to restrain herself, since he closed his eyes and was obviously trying to concentrate on a spell. She’d have to kill him later.

Not my best, but I like it best of what I've done today.

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Quote:
“You worthless trash! Better make something good, or else!” Jessica threatened, holding up a knife. Ash pushed Cheryl away, in time to take the blow. Blood dripped to the ground, the knife imbedded in Ash’s upper arm. Jessica laughed, before leaving her children alone in the room.
“Ash!” Cheryl’s strangled reply came out.
“Don’t worry about it. Just make your dish...or we’ll be in more trouble.” Ash ripped off his nightshirt exposing all of his bruises, all of various colors, blues, purples, blacks, and browns. Cheryl gasped, while Ash was wrapping it around his arm. Applying pressure, he went and looked for the small medical kit that was kept in one of the cabinets. Looking through several, he finally found it, behind some white plates. He grabbed it hurriedly, while Cheryl popped the dish into the oven.
This good, or bad?

Sparkly Leaf

"He revisited the heavy metal desk, opened the top drawer, and emerged with a cigar to cure his nerves.Then he seated himself on the end, fired up the cigar, and curled little smoke rings with the edges of his sausage lips."

I love that last image. whee

Blessed Bookworm

14,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Hellraiser 500
Well, I don't know about the first two days, and I haven't started writing today yet (alas!), but here's my favorite quote from yesterday (EDIT: Try to read it in an Irish accent):

Quote:
The first thing I noticed was the goat. It took me a moment to realize what I was seeing, for I’d never seen an animal sitting at a table like that. It sat there and munched away on a pile of greens in a dish set in front of it.

The second thing I noticed was the Mexican woman talking to a plate. She held it in front of her face and appeared to be whispering sweet nothings to it in Spanish. At one point, she looked offended and slapped it, only to smile again and return to her sweet nothings.

And no, my novel isn't set in an asylum. xd

Peaceful Lunatic

Miss Pagan Rose
Well, I don't know about the first two days, and I haven't started writing today yet (alas!), but here's my favorite quote from yesterday (EDIT: Try to read it in an Irish accent):

Quote:
The first thing I noticed was the goat. It took me a moment to realize what I was seeing, for I’d never seen an animal sitting at a table like that. It sat there and munched away on a pile of greens in a dish set in front of it.

The second thing I noticed was the Mexican woman talking to a plate. She held it in front of her face and appeared to be whispering sweet nothings to it in Spanish. At one point, she looked offended and slapped it, only to smile again and return to her sweet nothings.

And no, my novel isn't set in an asylum. xd

That's a great one! A funny pair of images made funnier put together.

Well, I have a lot of lines I like, although with the volume I write, it's hard to find them all. But here's a fun one:
Quote:

"DIE FLUFFBALL!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas