Welcome to Gaia! ::

tyreque2
Hello
S'up.

Rainbow Lover

I have read a book once, I wish I remembered the title, where pooping was an integral and important part of the plot of the main story. My friend forced me into reading it, and I must say... It sucked. I'd love to see at least one book that includes poop and it actually be a good book.
Finally! someone else realises this is a major plot-hole
Sometimes characters can stay for days in a haunted mansion, without the need for a toilet.

In Artemis Fowl and the lost colony, they briefly mention Artemis has to go to the toilet, just when he's about to fight an army of bloodthirsty demons. Which happens in the afternoon, and they hadn't had a break since early morning or something.

Mermaids though, don't have to go to the toilet. (great, now i have to think of that one time a dolphin pooped just in front of the window of the underwater restaurant...)

I would love to read your story once 4laugh
i heart stories about mermaids, and anything paranormal~!

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
Wolftrot
I have read a book once, I wish I remembered the title, where pooping was an integral and important part of the plot of the main story. My friend forced me into reading it, and I must say... It sucked. I'd love to see at least one book that includes poop and it actually be a good book.

Your wish is my command. It's a children's book but it's still good.

Blessed Bookworm

14,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Hellraiser 500
Well, I haven't gone into the issue of pooping, but I have brought up the problem my heroine faced with her period while on a long journey with only a man for company. xd

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
Miss Pagan Rose
Well, I haven't gone into the issue of pooping, but I have brought up the problem my heroine faced with her period while on a long journey with only a man for company. xd

By problem you mean hilarity right? I've only ever had fun watching boys get grossed out when I explained how periods work.

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
Yunachu
Finally! someone else realises this is a major plot-hole
Sometimes characters can stay for days in a haunted mansion, without the need for a toilet.

In Artemis Fowl and the lost colony, they briefly mention Artemis has to go to the toilet, just when he's about to fight an army of bloodthirsty demons. Which happens in the afternoon, and they hadn't had a break since early morning or something.

Mermaids though, don't have to go to the toilet. (great, now i have to think of that one time a dolphin pooped just in front of the window of the underwater restaurant...)

I would love to read your story once 4laugh
i heart stories about mermaids, and anything paranormal~!

I think I'm going to have to add "Can hold it for weeks" to the handful of magic abilities my mermaids have, because I cannot bring it up without the whole story getting really gross really fast.

I don't know about letting you read it, it's reeeeally rough, and I have to admit it's not much on plot either. xd

Familiar Friend

7,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
boyamiconfuzed
...except in books.

So I just now realized I've been ignoring that my mermaid character has to go to the bathroom, admittedly if he was in the ocean this would not be an issue, but so far he's been in a bath tub and a swimming pool respectively.

I could go on ignoring it, but honestly now that I've realized I was glossing over it I can't stop wondering about it. gonk

Should I try to move on? Should I devote valuable brain energy to figuring out where the mermaid's doing his business?

What about you guys? Are your characters in possession of magic bladders? Is there a porta-potty just off screen that they run to during chapter breaks? Do you hate me because now you can't stop wondering about how/where your characters are going?
What kills me is how I'vd never read anything that deals with a woman having her period... In a fantacy midevilish setting.

My main character comes from our living plane, and gets thrown into a world that is middleage-renesancy.... With no Maxi pads or tampons insight. All apart of her adjustment and culture shock mind you. (Like the fact that you just can't have sex with and when you want to anymore... Because there is no place to get condoms or the pill... I'm so mean to her blaugh )

Familiar Friend

7,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Miss Pagan Rose
xd At least I'm not the only one whose going to "go there".
My main character is a bit of a priss, so when she's not busy breaking down the fourth wall she's freaking out about things like this. God forbid she have to wash her hair in pond water rolleyes

Liberal Ladykiller

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
Chitoko Kanzaki
What kills me is how I'vd never read anything that deals with a woman having her period... In a fantacy midevilish setting.

My main character comes from our living plane, and gets thrown into a world that is middleage-renesancy.... With no Maxi pads or tampons insight. All apart of her adjustment and culture shock mind you. (Like the fact that you just can't have sex with and when you want to anymore... Because there is no place to get condoms or the pill... I'm so mean to her blaugh )

In the middle ages women did have tampons kinda sorta.
This might give some extra info.
Also, people would make their own condoms.

Familiar Friend

7,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Lady Ammaryce
Chitoko Kanzaki

Thanks for the resorces! But yeah, I meant modern "products"... Intestines and such for condoms, no thankyou. She is a prissy easily squicked thing... She's gonna have a silent fit when people start talking about folk-medicine birthcontrol tonics/potions. I can't wait to write it actually whee .

Liberal Ladykiller

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
Chitoko Kanzaki
Lady Ammaryce
Chitoko Kanzaki

Thanks for the resorces! But yeah, I meant modern "products"... Intestines and such for condoms, no thankyou. She is a prissy easily squicked thing... She's gonna have a silent fit when people start talking about folk-medicine birthcontrol tonics/potions. I can't wait to write it actually whee .

Ah, I see. Didn't know if you knew and I like nothing more than sharing what knowledge I have gleaned from late night article reading on the internet.

Anywho, yeah, that does sound like fun. The middle ages were pretty gross.

Familiar Friend

7,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Lady Ammaryce
Chitoko Kanzaki
Lady Ammaryce
Chitoko Kanzaki

Ah, I see. Didn't know if you knew and I like nothing more than sharing what knowledge I have gleaned from late night article reading on the internet.

Anywho, yeah, that does sound like fun. The middle ages were pretty gross.
Better than the Dark Ages... Actualy the eras I'm pulling from depend upon location (cities vrs capital cities and what not).

But I'm not going to dwell un-necessarly on body-functions.... Just having her complain, even in her head, once in a while about the lack of modern pluming and how she hatted camping back home- should be enough.

Handsome Ace

21,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Kuro Gang 250
Well, it's usually an off screen thing for all of my characters. But now that you mention it... Oh, hell, I am totally going to go write a scene where someone gets attacked in the middle of business now, aren't I?

Continuing on for the most awkward conversation I've had in a while:
I imagine merfolk poop would be sort of like a fish's. If you've ever had a pet goldfish, it's kind of long and stringy and doesn't really take up much space. It's not really dirty unless you clean the tank only once a year and it probably doesn't smell worse than the fish itself, not that I've ever made a habit out of smelling goldfish tanks.

May I ask why your character is being stuck in pools and tubs? :'D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces