Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
...except in books.

So I just now realized I've been ignoring that my mermaid character has to go to the bathroom, admittedly if he was in the ocean this would not be an issue, but so far he's been in a bath tub and a swimming pool respectively.

I could go on ignoring it, but honestly now that I've realized I was glossing over it I can't stop wondering about it. gonk

Should I try to move on? Should I devote valuable brain energy to figuring out where the mermaid's doing his business?

What about you guys? Are your characters in possession of magic bladders? Is there a porta-potty just off screen that they run to during chapter breaks? Do you hate me because now you can't stop wondering about how/where your characters are going?
I wonder about this in EVERY STORY I READ. Nobody addresses this issue.
Unless you're watching Hunger.
Then they very address that issue.

But anyway, I would just go on ignoring it. Because like I said, nobody addresses this issue hardly ever, even in published, well-known works.

... The fact that this topic exists makes me so happy, though. I though I was the only one confused by this.

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
Mutant Husband Erik
I wonder about this in EVERY STORY I READ. Nobody addresses this issue.
Unless you're watching Hunger.
Then they very address that issue.

But anyway, I would just go on ignoring it. Because like I said, nobody addresses this issue hardly ever, even in published, well-known works.

... The fact that this topic exists makes me so happy, though. I though I was the only one confused by this.

I think I might have to ignore it, mostly because I can't figure out how to handle it without it being super gross.

I didn't even think about it at first, but then I realized I was feeding the mermaid an awful lot of food... and it has to come out sometime right?

I'm glad you like the topic, I thought it was a good one. biggrin

Peaceful Lunatic

It's usually not written about because it's not important to the plot and probably not too interesting to read about. Think about how you'd tell about your day to someone; would you mention when you went to the bathroom?

Although the fact that you've got a mermaid in a bathtub... if it's for long periods of time that could be something worth mentioning. At least a comment that someone is changing the water so that it doesn't get dirty.

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
Ysavvryl
It's usually not written about because it's not important to the plot and probably not too interesting to read about. Think about how you'd tell about your day to someone; would you mention when you went to the bathroom?

Although the fact that you've got a mermaid in a bathtub... if it's for long periods of time that could be something worth mentioning. At least a comment that someone is changing the water so that it doesn't get dirty.

I know I know, I just can't stop wondering about it now. You know how kids ask questions like that sometimes? My inner seven year old just won't shut up.

And I have talked about them changing the water, they do it fairly frequently.

Fashionable Ladykiller

10,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I'm not so worried as to when or where a mermaid would do their thing, but HOW.

Revered Nerd

Unless it needs to be addressed for the sake of the story or the character I usually do not mention it. Although I do think about it.

As for how a mermaid would go to the bathroom, my theory is much the same was as fish.
look up the uncompleted Elf vs Ork By Vernon Ursulav. She has woven a fine world, with magic and war and an out house.

It's a good read, but don't expect it to ever be done. whee

Her Deviantart Ursulav

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
x-Death by Panda-x
I'm not so worried as to when or where a mermaid would do their thing, but HOW.

With their mermaid butt. emotion_awesome

Toothsome Prophet

10,100 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nerd 50
tyreque2
Hello

I've reported you for spamming my thread, please stop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff