Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Regular

When you are thinking of what you want a character to say, you write something outrageous while you are thinking?

Ex:

Quote:

He tilted his head down, and in a strong but gentle voice said, "DO ME IN DA BUTT."

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Lemon Pledge
When you are thinking of what you want a character to say, you write something outrageous while you are thinking?

Ex:

Quote:

He tilted his head down, and in a strong but gentle voice said, "DO ME IN DA BUTT."

Yep, I've done that before. I once had to edit an entire paragraph because my sister was speaking to me at the time, and I ended up writing some of the stuff she was saying by accident.

"Honest to God! Stop being such an idiot, Jack! What time is dinner? Because Mum said dinner would be at 5.30, and it's 6.00 now."

I hate it when that happens.

Mind-boggling Gekko

I've never done that, but it's a good idea! xd

bunniechan7's Waifu

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Sometimes, jokingly, but then I usually change it right away.

What I tend to to is put something really obvious that spellcheck will stop on when I can't think of a name or phrase for something. I have have a short story where the antagonist's name is INSERTNAME the Bandit. lol Sometimes instead I'll have INEEDANAMEFORTHISCHARACTER or INEEDTOINSERTMOREINFOHERE.
The ReTARDISed Whovian

Where did you get the NaNoWriMo thing in your sig?
Also, I really like your name c:

Anxious Sex Symbol

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Lady Lagomorph

What I tend to to is put something really obvious that spellcheck will stop on when I can't think of a name or phrase for something. I have have a short story where the antagonist's name is INSERTNAME the Bandit. lol Sometimes instead I'll have INEEDANAMEFORTHISCHARACTER or INEEDTOINSERTMOREINFOHERE.

xD What I did was when I couldn't get a name for a character (which only happened once) I named him Blank and it was so funny cause I made it sound like he seriously didn't have a name and named himself that. But than I made my main character say something really sweet like "I'm going to give you a name when we become friends, blah blah blah...." x] I never got to the part where she actually gave him the name though.....

Dapper Gawker

Oh many times I would sometimes add in things that I am looking at:

"...making his way through without a word. Dan stood gawking at the hershey bar in front of the laptop... "Oh god" he thought. It looked bloody DELICIOUS OAMF;AKL-"

and so on! biggrin

Rainbow Conventioneer

13,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lady Lagomorph

I have a tendency to set things aside with double brackets, and then do a search for double brackets when I start editing to go back and find each thing I've skipped.
Example
[[Mysterious goth chick]] walked into the [[description]] room, glanced around nervously, and wandered off humming [[easily recognized show-tune]].

I think it would slip by me too easily if I just added in something random, and I don't use spellcheck enough to rely on non-words to catch my attention.

Animated Hero

that's actually the reason I can't listen to music with English lyrics while I'm writing orz

I end up with stuff like: "We're not on active duty. If they want bodies, they should let me in or I'll get physical with you"
and I'm like haha what.

so now I nano to stuff that either doesn't have words or is in a language I don't understand. xD

Rainbow Conventioneer

13,150 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Khristallyn
that's actually the reason I can't listen to music with English lyrics while I'm writing orz

I end up with stuff like: "We're not on active duty. If they want bodies, they should let me in or I'll get physical with you"
and I'm like haha what.

so now I nano to stuff that either doesn't have words or is in a language I don't understand. xD

For me it can't even be another language if I'm familiar with the song. I tried just taking everything with English lyrics out of my playlist and wound up with so much (sometimes horribly mutilated) German, Finnish, and Japanese randomly popping up in my writing. I don't actually speak any of those, but in several cases I've heard the songs enough to sing along anyway. Furthermore, it can't be the instrumental version of a song that has a lyrical version too, or I'll toss in the lyrics even if I'm not hearing them. That's what happened when I was listening to Apocalyptica, so then I switched over to Bach.

Tonight I'm trying to write something with a different tone, so I'm still searching for fitting background noise. Maybe I need to dig into the boyfriend's collection of ambient electronica.

Animated Hero

Cerulean Siren

yikes, that sucks :(
good luck finding something!
ambient electronica is definitely great to write to~

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
MrEatYourFace
The ReTARDISed Whovian

Where did you get the NaNoWriMo thing in your sig?
Also, I really like your name c:

You just need an account on the NaNo site, then go to "Fun Stuff" and click on "Word Count Widgets", then take your pick, stick it in your sig (with some slight code modifications to make it compatible) and voila! smile

And thanks! :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces