Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clover_IceQueen

That seems to be the problem of many people. What was your original idea?

The story line I settled on is (basically/so far) about a college-aged sex columnist who doubles as a serial killer. She writes a weekly sex column labelled "Slutty Sundays" which comes out each Sunday, detailing the weekend's debauchery. What her readers don't know is that she has a vendetta against men and is actually killing the guys that she writes about in her column. (I'm not sure why. I think her sister got raped and killed when they were in high school. Or she was molested as a child. Still trying to work that out.)

So far, the novel is progressing as a chapter that is the actual column she writes, and then a chapter of story.

My current dilemma is whether to write it from her view point, where the reader knows that she's the serial killer the entire time, and the mystery is why and whether or not she gets caught; or to write it in third person, and have her aware of the murders, but then it turns out it was her all along. The only problem with the second way, while it is more mysterious, I don't know what to write about in between the beginning and her unveiling as the killer. I didn't really plan much of her life aside from being a 22-year-old serial killer.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Emikay
Clover_IceQueen

That seems to be the problem of many people. What was your original idea?

The story line I settled on is (basically/so far) about a college-aged sex columnist who doubles as a serial killer. She writes a weekly sex column labelled "Slutty Sundays" which comes out each Sunday, detailing the weekend's debauchery. What her readers don't know is that she has a vendetta against men and is actually killing the guys that she writes about in her column. (I'm not sure why. I think her sister got raped and killed when they were in high school. Or she was molested as a child. Still trying to work that out.)

So far, the novel is progressing as a chapter that is the actual column she writes, and then a chapter of story.

My current dilemma is whether to write it from her view point, where the reader knows that she's the serial killer the entire time, and the mystery is why and whether or not she gets caught; or to write it in third person, and have her aware of the murders, but then it turns out it was her all along. The only problem with the second way, while it is more mysterious, I don't know what to write about in between the beginning and her unveiling as the killer. I didn't really plan much of her life aside from being a 22-year-old serial killer.

I think that you have a low word-count because you aren't putting enough details into your idea. For example, what does she write a sex column for? A newspaper or magazine? Where does she find the guys she writes about? That could make a world of difference because if she finds them in the slums or something, no one will miss them once they get murdered. Just a suggestion wink

Buggy Punk

I had a couple crappy days, but I started getting another migraine, so I got back to where I wanted to be tonight. I'm just over 25k. User Image Hurray for caffeine in migraine pills!
Clover_IceQueen

I think that you have a low word-count because you aren't putting enough details into your idea. For example, what does she write a sex column for? A newspaper or magazine? Where does she find the guys she writes about? That could make a world of difference because if she finds them in the slums or something, no one will miss them once they get murdered. Just a suggestion wink

I agree. I am lacking a lot of detail. I do have more than I wrote out just now, but most of it's in my head and changes from day to day. I completely failed at outlining during October this year.

But, to answer your questions, she writes a sex column for an online college magazine; whose name I've yet to come up with ... that's something I should figure out. And the guys are boys that attend her college. They ask her out, or she meets them at parties; they date/hook up/have sex ... and then she gives them a lethal dose of adderall, walks them back home, and then they die of cardiac arrest.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Emikay
Clover_IceQueen

I agree. I am lacking a lot of detail. I do have more than I wrote out just now, but most of it's in my head and changes from day to day. I completely failed at outlining during October this year.

But, to answer your questions, she writes a sex column for an online college magazine; whose name I've yet to come up with ... that's something I should figure out. And the guys are boys that attend her college. They ask her out, or she meets them at parties; they date/hook up/have sex ... and then she gives them a lethal dose of adderall, walks them back home, and then they die of cardiac arrest.

Editor power! emotion_brofist

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Mereluna
I had a couple crappy days, but I started getting another migraine, so I got back to where I wanted to be tonight. I'm just over 25k. User Image Hurray for caffeine in migraine pills!

You look so cute! 4laugh tell me, are your hat and dress the same item or different ones, and what are they? I must know! whee

Buggy Punk

Clover_IceQueen
Mereluna

You look so cute! 4laugh tell me, are your hat and dress the same item or different ones, and what are they? I must know! whee
Thank you! whee The Hat is Sunset Harvest, and the dress is Macy's Love Change Sweater and the skirt from Dander, with a Serafuku Bow from the gold shops.

Now I'm at 2254 words. Still way behind ... but it's better than what I was at.

Desirable Divorcee

I'm at 11,655 words ; 3;
Haven't put in my words for the day,
but I've been doing pretty good.
Then again, I gave up last year after
35,000 words. The ending is always
-ALWAYS- what kills me. BUT!
This year I will succeed.
Ohhh, I will! *rocks back and forth*
11,510 at the moment and still writing. Unfortunately my laptop is kaputt
right now so I'm sitting at my Uni's 24/7 library working on it. This is
my first time NaNo'ing so I'm hoping I can do it xD
walikeheke
at the moment so I'm sitting at my Uni's 24/7 library working on it. This is

I admire your dedication! 11,510 isn't a bad start at all, you're well on your way to success. smile

And welcome to NaNo! You can do it! smile

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
My catch up words needed (8233) is even larger than my currently written words (6770)!
And I'm still hoping to rise my average word per day into 1000.
*sigh*
I need some more inspiration.
emo

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Mereluna
Clover_IceQueen
Mereluna

Thank you! whee The Hat is Sunset Harvest, and the dress is Macy's Love Change Sweater and the skirt from Dander, with a Serafuku Bow from the gold shops.

So expensive eek

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
walikeheke
right now so I'm sitting at my Uni's 24/7 library working on it. This is

It was my first time too, but, seeing as I haven't gotten a single word written because I've been helping other people and haven't had any ideas of my own, I think I'll wait until next year.

Unforgiving Tactician

10,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
T^T Haven't written much today. I think the heat fried my brain....14093 words.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff