Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Fairy

I am at just over 2000 words. I am so far behind. Hopefully I can play catch up.

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I have 13,368 words typed. Unfortunately, nothing is going on. I'm still on chapter one and the plot has barely been established or touched on. What am I doing? gonk

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
HaWkGiRL
I have 13,368 words typed. Unfortunately, nothing is going on. I'm still on chapter one and the plot has barely been established or touched on. What am I doing? gonk

I'll see if I can help. What genre are you writing?

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Clover_IceQueen
HaWkGiRL

I'm going for a humorous work with some action and maybe a little romance.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
HaWkGiRL
Clover_IceQueen
HaWkGiRL

Any details on the original idea for the main character that I can help you build off of? (Trust me. I'm an editor.)

Lucky Millionaire

11,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Millionaire 200
I forgot when NaNo was, started yesterday, and have 3900+ words.
God have mercy on my soul.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
6060 words in.

its about zOMG! sweatdrop

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Clover_IceQueen
HaWkGiRL
Clover_IceQueen
HaWkGiRL

Any details on the original idea for the main character that I can help you build off of? (Trust me. I'm an editor.)

The main character I have is a 19-year old female who joins a fighting tournament, yet she cannot fight. She has to spend a good portion of the first chapter developing her fighting skills before the plot truly sets in. The main drive behind her being in this tournament is to defeat enemies from her past. Her personality is somewhat difficult for me to describe, so I'm thinking she's also going to be searching for herself throughout this tournament. I know the idea of soul searching is a bit overdone, but I have difficulty describing her character and I still want to use her. stressed

I'll give it a shot, and I hope that I don't come across as a terrible writer from my terrible descriptions. If I do some free association, she's expressive and persistent with a knack for humor. As I said before, this is supposed to be a humorous work, so of course my characters will have to be funny in some form. At times she is also sarcastic and provoking, but this is a lesser part of her character. I don't think I did a good job of describing her, so if you have any suggestions for how to improve her character, then shoot them at me. ^^" I am still working on making my characters fit their backstories. That's the hard part.
I am so far behind right now, it almost makes me sick.
Started on the midnight of Halloween and wrote 5k+ words within three days. Now I have 6k. I'm writing more now so I might have 8k by the end of the night. My friend and I are sort of competing and she just beat me with 8k and I get REALLY competitve. I have a guideline of my characters, plot, conflicts, and a timeline that I could add to anytime. I don't know, I guess I'm flying through it because I got this really great idea that I want to write it out xd blaugh

Wheezing Lunatic

I am not yet done.
>>>>>>>>>>

Almost to 20k, and it's already the longest work I've written (not including those research papers in college). I've strayed from some points in my outline but I'm fine with it. After all I haven't really plotted out the ending.

<<<<<<<<<<

WITNESS.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
HaWkGiRL
Clover_IceQueen
HaWkGiRL
Clover_IceQueen
HaWkGiRL

The main character I have is a 19-year old female who joins a fighting tournament, yet she cannot fight. She has to spend a good portion of the first chapter developing her fighting skills before the plot truly sets in. The main drive behind her being in this tournament is to defeat enemies from her past. Her personality is somewhat difficult for me to describe, so I'm thinking she's also going to be searching for herself throughout this tournament. I know the idea of soul searching is a bit overdone, but I have difficulty describing her character and I still want to use her. stressed

I'll give it a shot, and I hope that I don't come across as a terrible writer from my terrible descriptions. If I do some free association, she's expressive and persistent with a knack for humor. As I said before, this is supposed to be a humorous work, so of course my characters will have to be funny in some form. At times she is also sarcastic and provoking, but this is a lesser part of her character. I don't think I did a good job of describing her, so if you have any suggestions for how to improve her character, then shoot them at me. ^^" I am still working on making my characters fit their backstories. That's the hard part.

So... It's The Karate Kid? I know that sometimes works can be similar when influenced by other stories, but this seems a bit excessive sweatdrop

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Emikay
I am so far behind right now, it almost makes me sick.

My word-count is still at 0.
User ImageUser Image

Aw. That is no good. I'm sitting at right around 1700. I met the word count the first day ... but since that I just can't get myself to sit down and write. Particularly after doing all of my writing assignments for school.

It doesn't help that I've had so much trouble picking a story this year, and the one I settled on has a good premise, but I don't know where to go with it. :/

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Emikay
User ImageUser Image

Aw. That is no good. I'm sitting at right around 1700. I met the word count the first day ... but since that I just can't get myself to sit down and write. Particularly after doing all of my writing assignments for school.

It doesn't help that I've had so much trouble picking a story this year, and the one I settled on has a good premise, but I don't know where to go with it. :/

That seems to be the problem of many people. What was your original idea?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff