Welcome to Gaia! ::

Proxy Hunter

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
Clover_IceQueen
shinobi_girl13
I have little over 1000 words for day one and about twelve hand-written, front-and-back pages of character and plot development notes for this year.

What genre is it?
It's hard to really pin down the genre, as it is set in a fantasy-based world with heavy action and romance elements. For now, it's categorized as a fantasy simply because of the world the characters inhabit. The more I think about it, though, it reads like a bedtime story and has parable elements throughout the piece.

Versatile Lunatic

This is my first try attempting.
I've never written a story in my life outside mandatory 3rd grade story-writing assignments, I'm 23 now ;n;
I don't think I'll enter it into a competition or anything, just seeing if I can meet the standards of NanoWriMo.

My only advantage in all this is that I'm finally trying to write a story that's been brewing in my head for 7 years (more like mentally roleplaying it waiting to fall asleep at night)
I've been trying to put this story into comic form but I just can't seem to get the right look for it.
I'm hoping having it written down in story form will help in some way.

I have a slight shimmer of hope that I may be able to do this. I started like 20 minutes ago and already have 250 words.

However in my mental RPing of this story I never really had anything actiony bridging the turning point of the story to the climax of the story.

How do you guys bridge your gaps?

Noob

I keep my goals modest and realistic. I'm just writing a fanfic. Piss off.

That being said, I knew November was coming and I came prepared. I had the story planned and started with pilot chapter in like July.

So like, when today came, I was all like, "lets do dis. emotion_donotwant "

...and then I looked at pictures of cats all day.

Progress to date: 0 words
Haven't even started.
*cries*
I have finally stabilized my plot...working on
some character stats and then hitting the hay and
starting writing in the morning. I have two days off
from work so I'm hoping for some solid writing
hours.
I'm a little over 2000 words in. It's a dark horror/romance revolving around an underground organisation. I have the basic plot thought out, it's just the character development I'm having trouble with. Le sigh. Maybe that's why I always thought fanfiction was so much easier, haha! I'm determined not to give up, though.

Buggy Punk

~2.5k words in, discovering I probably need to sit down and plot some things out more. It's already veered off in a different direction. lol

Militant Humorist

11,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
So far I have a title that I got from a random text generator. dramallama

Obsessed Lovergirl

I'm a playwright blaugh
This is my first novel. I'm almost half though.
It is fantasy based novel.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
shinobi_girl13
Clover_IceQueen
shinobi_girl13
I have little over 1000 words for day one and about twelve hand-written, front-and-back pages of character and plot development notes for this year.

What genre is it?
It's hard to really pin down the genre, as it is set in a fantasy-based world with heavy action and romance elements. For now, it's categorized as a fantasy simply because of the world the characters inhabit. The more I think about it, though, it reads like a bedtime story and has parable elements throughout the piece.

Parables make me sad gonk what are you trying to teach?

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Tempest Lorelay
I'm a playwright blaugh

I have playwright blood in me, but I'm afaid to try to write a play. What if I'm a disappointment to my ancestor? sad

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Basielle
Haven't even started.
*cries*
I have finally stabilized my plot...working on
some character stats and then hitting the hay and
starting writing in the morning. I have two days off
from work so I'm hoping for some solid writing
hours.

Sounds like you're farther along than I. I'm not sure how I'm going to make the plot get to where I want it to go sweatdrop

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Le King
I keep my goals modest and realistic. I'm just writing a fanfic. Piss off.

That being said, I knew November was coming and I came prepared. I had the story planned and started with pilot chapter in like July.

So like, when today came, I was all like, "lets do dis. emotion_donotwant "

...and then I looked at pictures of cats all day.

Progress to date: 0 words

Why are you telling me to piss off when I haven't said anything derogatory towards you? sad

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
2.3k words so far on the first day.

I'm writing a fantasy. I've had the story in my head and notes I've written in the course of about 10 years now. I have written chapters in the past, but I would always stop. I decided to take the opportunity to rewrite what I had started. Instead of starting from the very beginning of the timeline, I decided to jump right into when the main character is nine years old. If I had started the same way I did years ago, he would only be five years old and I feel that that part of the story isn't important enough for people to read. It would drag too much and it was the reason I stopped writing before. There was no reason to detail how a child feels towards their new born sibling.

It's interesting to write the characters as children since I have RPed these characters before, but when they're already adults. I have to remind myself that the character is still a child in this point of the story. The way he talks and how he behaves is much different compared to when he's an adult. Funny thing is, the main character of this story is the least RPed character in the cast. I primarily RP as his younger brother.

Obsessed Lovergirl

Clover_IceQueen
Tempest Lorelay
I'm a playwright blaugh

I have playwright blood in me, but I'm afaid to try to write a play. What if I'm a disappointment to my ancestor? sad

Don't be afraid. As a write you should try new styles, to better find what you like and master your craft.

Writing a play is easy. You will not a fool of yourself to your ancestor.

Proxy Hunter

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
Clover_IceQueen
shinobi_girl13
Clover_IceQueen
shinobi_girl13

What genre is it?

Parables make me sad gonk what are you trying to teach?
Not sure yet. The moral throughout is that nothing is gained without a price.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff