Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kendra Rosewood's Husband

Celestial Mystic

I was wondering, am I crazy for starting to write without any idea of anything? I just sat down, opened a word document and started writing. I'm up to about 4k words so far, and it actually seems like a good story. It is very rough but it had some good bones. I even started a day late.

But now my problem is it's lagging. Since I didn't form anything to build on, I'm adding pieces as I write, hope it resembles a story at the end. Should I stop and take some time to try to form a base for the story to follow onwards?

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Lord Zy
I was wondering, am I crazy for starting to write without any idea of anything? I just sat down, opened a word document and started writing. I'm up to about 4k words so far, and it actually seems like a good story. It is very rough but it had some good bones. I even started a day late.

But now my problem is it's lagging. Since I didn't form anything to build on, I'm adding pieces as I write, hope it resembles a story at the end. Should I stop and take some time to try to form a base for the story to follow onwards?

Nah. Sometimes it's good to write like stream of conciousness where anything that pops into your mind goes into the story. I write like that, and it turns out really well if you go back and edit later. 3nodding

Kendra Rosewood's Husband

Celestial Mystic

Clover_IceQueen
Lord Zy

Nah. Sometimes it's good to write like stream of conciousness where anything that pops into your mind goes into the story. I write like that, and it turns out really well if you go back and edit later. 3nodding

Okay. I have to say it's been working for me. I'm just under 7k word as of last night.
progress, or lack thereof? i actually went backwords. yesterday i had a total of around 500 words and i decided to scrap the story 'cause i just wasn't feeling it.
I fully don't expect to make the deadline (I'm at 700 words) but damn it if this didn't kick me into starting a story I had been developing since I was 11.

Despite the fact that I've had remnants of this concept in my head since I was 11, it's not sucking super bad so far.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
MissSweet77
I fully don't expect to make the deadline (I'm at 700 words) but damn it if this didn't kick me into starting a story I had been developing since I was 11.

Despite the fact that I've had remnants of this concept in my head since I was 11, it's not sucking super bad so far.

I don't think I can make it either. Is it possible to use the same story next year? sweatdrop (I'm at zero right now) eek
Clover_IceQueen
MissSweet77

I don't think I can make it either. Is it possible to use the same story next year? sweatdrop (I'm at zero right now) eek

I think that'd be cheating D: but who really cares about the deadline, I think making a refined novel is more important.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
MissSweet77
Clover_IceQueen
MissSweet77

I think that'd be cheating D: but who really cares about the deadline, I think making a refined novel is more important.

emo I'm going to fail
Clover_IceQueen
MissSweet77
Clover_IceQueen
MissSweet77

emo I'm going to fail

Aw, chin up, dear! Success is in the eye of the beholder!

On another note, lmfaoing at that smiley. I was wondering why it had glasses, and then I saw it was called emo.

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
MissSweet77
Clover_IceQueen
MissSweet77
Clover_IceQueen
MissSweet77

emo I'm going to fail

Aw, chin up, dear! Success is in the eye of the beholder!

On another note, lmfaoing at that smiley. I was wondering why it had glasses, and then I saw it was called emo.

Ikr? lol
I'm at 6,571 words right now, and I literally had to push myself to get there last night. Like doing 1.5k-ish words a day is getting super super difficult, and part of me feels like, even though I have a strong, unique concept, I might be pushing through too fast and speeding up things that should be slower because I don't want to get bored residing in one situation for too long. Does that even make sense?

I'm just a little flustered because here I have this fabulous story line and my inspiration is sort of plateauing already. I was really excited to start on my story, but now I'm beginning to question even like WHO I'm actually writing for. Like, am I writing for me? Do I hope to get this published? Am I just writing for views on deviantART? So many concerns, and they're not even centered around the plot line so I'm not getting anything done right now.

I'd adore being ahead of the game, and I think I might be able to push more words out this evening. But I don't want my writing to seem forced or rushed. Any ideas?

Dangerous Glitch

Progress....what progress?

Yes, I am very far behind. gonk

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Pumpkin the Bird
I'm at 6,571 words right now, and I literally had to push myself to get there last night. Like doing 1.5k-ish words a day is getting super super difficult, and part of me feels like, even though I have a strong, unique concept, I might be pushing through too fast and speeding up things that should be slower because I don't want to get bored residing in one situation for too long. Does that even make sense?

I'm just a little flustered because here I have this fabulous story line and my inspiration is sort of plateauing already. I was really excited to start on my story, but now I'm beginning to question even like WHO I'm actually writing for. Like, am I writing for me? Do I hope to get this published? Am I just writing for views on deviantART? So many concerns, and they're not even centered around the plot line so I'm not getting anything done right now.

I'd adore being ahead of the game, and I think I might be able to push more words out this evening. But I don't want my writing to seem forced or rushed. Any ideas?

Indeed. That's why I've never finished anything. My ideas always go flat... sad
Clover_IceQueen
Pumpkin the Bird

Indeed. That's why I've never finished anything. My ideas always go flat... sad

;w; My original ideas are so fantastic, but expanding on them this far is making them seem less than sparkly. And my mind keeps jumping to how I'm going to end the novel, whether I'm going to throw in a massive realistic twist or keep it as a sort of fictional fairy tale. Like how am I supposed to write the fourth chapter if I can't even think about what I should be writing right now? xD
Lord Zy

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who didn't do this D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces