Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Vampire

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
I didn't have internet for a large part of November due to hurricane Sandy. When it came back on, I found out about NaNoWriMo, but it was way too late to participate. So I'm going to do it this month, though it's going to be a crazy busy month for me. Anyone else starting today or planning to do it this month?

Hallowed Lunatic

I know I plan on continuing to write the rest of my novel this month. I finished the contest and won, but that by no means makes me consider my novel as finished. I'm not even one-third through my story yet. I've got a long way to go.

But good for you that you're doing it this month in reparation for last month's loss. I wish you the best of luck!

Distinct Lunatic

OP, technically, while November is the national month for setting a writing goal there is nothing wrong with doing it on any month. I would have entered, but sadly I had too much to do to give even a few hours a day to devote to it. but when College is over I plan on doing a novel write up in jan.

lonesiekarp's Husband

Timid Lunatic

i crashed before the birth of ᴄ ʜ ʀ ɪ s ᴛ ,
    .++++pterodactyls s ᴡ ᴀ ʀ ᴍ ɪ ɴ ɢ ;
      .+++++you ᴅ ɪ ᴇ ᴅ in 1 9 8 9 ,

-- --
I'm working on a visual novel project, and so I'm basically going to be using NaNo format in December to help me reach my goals!! I'm not going to be as strict about it as I'd need to be for the actual NaNo contest, though... I'm one of those people who starts to hate doing things once they become an obligation and are no longer just for fun.
-- --

{} i want to get back to that ᴍ ᴏ ʀ ɴ ɪ ɴ ɢ in ᴍ ᴀ ʏ .

Desirable Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Vlll
I know I plan on continuing to write the rest of my novel this month. I finished the contest and won, but that by no means makes me consider my novel as finished. I'm not even one-third through my story yet. I've got a long way to go.

But good for you that you're doing it this month in reparation for last month's loss. I wish you the best of luck!

same here. sweatdrop

Conservative Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
I will write smile I unluckily only got my idea on the 30th of november... Not a joke. I wrote about 5'000 words on the same day. I have a trolling inspiration...

Friendly Gaian

Hey, if this story inspires you at all, there was the one woman interviewed at the start of NaNoWriMo, talking about how she wrote 50,000 words for every month of the year between November 2011 and 2012. o__o I think she said she's completed 10 books by that time. And I suspect that's a goal some people would reel away from, clutching their heads in shock at the idea of doing it, but it's an example of how you don't need a programmed event online to do something extravagant like this. :3

Regardless, have fun, and happy writings! biggrin

Lonely Lunatic

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Cheercrusher 50

KittehKitteh's Husband

Fashionable Trash

10,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Medalist 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I shall be continuing to write, but then again, I always am writing.
If you aspire to be a good author, you must practice the art of writing daily.
Writing, as art, is not something you can just instantly be good at. You have to craft your words, paint a picture, in a skilled way that will only come with time and practice.

-Kashi

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces